Hi all, I've just received this email....... Do you think it's a scam to get me bank details, I've checked my Amazon account and there's nothing there. Does anyone have a contact email for Amazon, can't seem to find how to contact them. Thanks.

Found 10th Dec 2015
Amazon.co.uk Associates View All Deals | Your Account | Reports
Dear Customer,

Your ID, was just used to order " Fire Print HD 89.97 " from the Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that ID.

This order was initiated from Mexico.

If you made this order, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the order yourself.

If you did not make this order, we recommend you to click Here to update your information immediately.
Amazon.co.uk Associates
Follow us: Amazon.co.uk Associates

We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications in the future from the Amazon EU Associates programme, please go to your Email Preferences & Notifications. You can also opt out of receiving all marketing communications from Amazon through your Customer Communication Preferences.

This e-mail was sent based on Associates ID StoreID. Please note that you must use this e-mail address to access your account in Associates Central, your retail account or when contacting Associates Customer Service Please note that this e-mail is being sent from an e-mail address that cannot receive emails. If you have any questions and wish to contact us, click here.

� 2015 Amazon Europe Core S�rl, 5 Rue Plaetis, L 2338 Luxembourg, Lux reg. n� B 101818, Share capital: 37500, Trading authorisation n� 104408

15 Comments

0800 496 1081 - this number should work

or amazon.co.uk/help/ - go to need more help and then contact us

also it sounds like a phishing email, if you right click on the "here" part of the email, and select copy link location, you can then post the link in the comments so someone can tell you.

I saw this as a scam on Facebook a few day ago, when you 'click here' to enter your details they can access your Amazon details

I would Call Amazon. I had a similar thing happen but when I went into my account all previous orders and my details had disappeared too and I think that was a security measure by Amazon. I called them and they told me what had happened and were very helpful.
Also check your bank account to make sure nothing was taken out!x
Edited by: "skintgirl6" 10th Dec 2015

Yes sounds fishy to me. Ring Amazon or email cust services yourself

If there's no order showing in your Amazon account then it's obviously a scam

If it says Dear Customer and not your actual name, then it's a phishing email.

Its a scam, had similar email plus when you make an order, you get a confirmation e-mail anyway.

Instead log into your own amazon accounts. If anything has been ordered using your account, it will be listed in your order history and as mentioned you will get confirmation e-mail
Block the e-mail and put on your spam list and delete

here

this is from the amazon forums, same email to someone else, says it is a scam

Original Poster

Thanks for your help guys, defiantly right not to click on the link!!!

Makes a change from Russian lady looking for love emails

Original Poster

skintgirl6

I would Call Amazon. I had a similar thing happen but when I went into my … I would Call Amazon. I had a similar thing happen but when I went into my account all previous orders and my details had disappeared too and I think that was a security measure by Amazon. I called them and they told me what had happened and were very helpful.Also check your bank account to make sure nothing was taken out!x

Yep, thanks, I've checked bank accounts and nothing has gone out, thank goodness.
Thank for your help.

These companies always use your Name, anytime you get one that addresses you as Customer or by your email, treat it as suspicious.

If you hover your mouse pointer over the link, it will show the destination in the bottom left corner of the screen without clicking it.

Banned

I once got this kind of email from apple.
But of course some details looked fishy like the senders email!!
It said that is for purchasing xxxx game, if you didn't then click this etc.

Give away when they say if you enjoyed receiving this email, as if they would likely say that, like you would enjoy receiving any kind of email like this. It's worded to catch out those most likely to fall for it and the least suspecting. But apart from that it would be hard to tell.
Also is it normal to have Amazon core? In their address at the bottom
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions