Hi can I use a BT Freeview/ you view box recorder thingy with ANY internet provider or only BT

Found 7th Aug
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
You can use it without any internet provider.
Really , even to record shows etc?
Yes, it gets freeview through your tv arial.
Thanks ,, so do you use it ? would u recommend it ? I've seen one one argos for about £130 seems to get over 500 good review s etc
Edited by: "thebiggishman" 7th Aug
thebiggishman36 m ago

Thanks ,, so do you use it ? would u recommend it ? I've seen one one …Thanks ,, so do you use it ? would u recommend it ? I've seen one one argos for about £130 seems to get over 500 good review s etc

It depends on what you want to record. A lot of the content is available on Catchup so honestly depends on what you watch. I would suggest just buying a used Youview box from Ebay. Would recommend getting one of the BT Youview boxes vs. the Talktalk ones as they have better hardware.
Edited by: "HellRazer" 7th Aug
thebiggishman1 h, 8 m ago

Thanks ,, so do you use it ? would u recommend it ? I've seen one one …Thanks ,, so do you use it ? would u recommend it ? I've seen one one argos for about £130 seems to get over 500 good review s etc

Try amazon! Reburished or as new boxed. I paid £64 for mine and it was brand spanking new just had a slight rip in the box! I love my youview box btw. Its alot better than i thought.
amazon.co.uk/BT-…1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1533657240&sr=1-8&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A2954025031π=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=21NxzDo5J5L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

£79 for a refurbished one, might be cheaper ones on amazon but aint got time to check.
thebiggishman1 h, 46 m ago

Really , even to record shows etc?

Yeah, bought a box from the market and gave it my dad...he has Vodafone internet and all world fine.
Cex were flogging these cheap not too long ago.
mogsog24 m ago

Cex were flogging these cheap not too long ago.

Still do

£50 gets you the bt DTR-T2100 500GB which is superb

Avoid the talk Talk and Huawei boxes
Edited by: "chocci" 7th Aug
It's just a freeview recorder, so just plug it in and make sure you are connected to an aerial and away you go.

Should be able to find one for less than £130.
Cheers all, the bt one looks good at £45 at cex, but doesn't seem to have wi fi
chocci18 h, 42 m ago

Still do£50 gets you the bt DTR-T2100 500GB which is superbAvoid the talk …Still do£50 gets you the bt DTR-T2100 500GB which is superbAvoid the talk Talk and Huawei boxes

My TalkTalk box is great
No youview boxes have WiFi. I recommend power line adaptors.
.MUFC.1 h, 9 m ago

No youview boxes have WiFi. I recommend power line adaptors.

Yes, quite correct
.MUFC.8 m ago

Very slow and laggy though.

Not had a BT youview box to compare it with to be fair but it seems fast enough to me and what I use it for
cliosport6513 m ago

Not had a BT youview box to compare it with to be fair but it seems …Not had a BT youview box to compare it with to be fair but it seems fast enough to me and what I use it for

I guess it's like comparing a Clio to a Ferrari ;). The BT one is genuinely about 4x faster. The difference is night and day!. I guess they serve the purpose.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants