Groups

Hi car help

Hi, my car bumper was hit from the side and came off but is not cracked or damaged can this be clipped back on with new clips or something or will I need a new bumper thanks

13 Comments

probably will just clip back into place

should push back on if not damaged. but check for missing clips etc .
    look on u tube for how to remove your bumper then do the opposite to put it back

Do you have parking sensors on that bumper ?

Original Poster

Thanks guys I believe one or two of the clips are broken will a repairer be able to get new clips or will I need a new bumper

Original Poster

No parking sensors on the bumper

be able to replace clips

Original Poster

thanks I asked one person and they told me to claim through insurance for a new bumper and respray but the bumper already has scuffs on it and only a little bit of paint transfer from the car that hit me so I thought it was not worth claiming.

I work in a spray shop, claiming through insurance will put the premium up for probably the next 5 years so may cost you more in the long run. Get a quote from a local place, paint transfer can often just be polished off

Original Poster

Thanks if I were to get to tell insurance and get it repaired myself I am guessing they would not accept the claim

look for a clay bar on ebay , that will remove paint transfer very easy

bmwm2011

Thanks if I were to get to tell insurance and get it repaired myself I am … Thanks if I were to get to tell insurance and get it repaired myself I am guessing they would not accept the claim

​Don't bother and repair and respray is approx £150 - £200. Your excess and 5 year insurance hike will hammer you far more than that.

Original Poster

Thank you so much guys

You DIY by wiping off the other cars paint with a cloth and a bit of brake fluid. Just wipe it continuously and the other cars paint will gradually disappear.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. parquet floor sanded46
      2. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer23
      3. Which Pond Pump44
      4. No Dead Pixel Guarantee?11

See more discussions