Expired

HI Does any one have tips on how to keep Foxes out of the garden? A friend suggested mothballs, placing them all around and stamping on them, I haven't a clue where to get them and would appreciate any other tips. Cheers

22 Comments
You need a group of people on horseback (one of them needs to have a bugle) who have a pack of hounds.
Have a trip to the Zoo. Ask for some lion dung. That should give the pest's something to think about.
I'm sure you can buy animal repellant from garden centers. The stuff stinks though.
you can buy high pitch sirens from argos. obviously we don't here them but they are a fantastic deterrent.
hear.* lol
I haven't a clue where to get them......

Just google it. Loads of places Amazon, Wilkos, Ebay to name a few.
Erm.....M18A1 Claymores?
I'm having the same trouble except mine have moved in under my shed and are making a right mess under it by digging loads of holes, I'm afraid my shed will collapse if they continue. I see there are a few different things on the market to get rid of them but not sure if any actually work
barriey

Erm.....M18A1 Claymores?

get a hotter deal on chinese type 66 claymores
I bought some from a poundshop. (a weird pregnancy craving to snif them lol)
used to get mine from wilkos for keeping cats off the garden
I know it sounds odd but a few people have said about male urine around the garden, not nice i know but it leaves a scent that is a threat to foxes or something, not actually sure if it works though lol
shaylorkay

I know it sounds odd but a few people have said about male urine around … I know it sounds odd but a few people have said about male urine around the garden, not nice i know but it leaves a scent that is a threat to foxes or something, not actually sure if it works though lol

This ^^^^^^ works too. Have an all male BBQ free beers and job done.
shaylorkay

I know it sounds odd but a few people have said about male urine around … I know it sounds odd but a few people have said about male urine around the garden, not nice i know but it leaves a scent that is a threat to foxes or something, not actually sure if it works though lol

That'll be why you never see a fox in the laundry basket or sock draw. ;-)
trip to the barbers...human hair does the job I had the same problem a year ago with two kids and absolutely terrified of foxes. Human hair worked for me
judderman

That'll be why you never see a fox in the laundry basket or sock draw. ;-)

Ive heard it works too.so I regularily wander round the garden with me c**k out works for us nowts eaten our chickens for a while!!! oO
B&Q Sell Moth Balls
Plastic container (Ice cream tub works well.)
Jar of "Vicks" inhaler (or similar menthol type vapo-rub.)
Kettle.
Shingle/Gravel.

Melt down some vapo-rub into the plastic container with some hot water. The more "Vicks" you use, the stronger the smell. When melted, add some pea shingle/gravel to the 'mix' and close lid. Shake container to liberally coat the stones in the solution (being careful not to slosh it around too much - in case you burn yourself) for a minute or two. Then, go round the border of the garden and sprinkle the mix loosely around wherever you want.

Try to pick a day where no rain is forecast for the next day or three, of course. Great for keeping cats at bay off your flower beds etc. (helps prevent little brown 'landmines' whilst weeding!) and doesn't dry all "white" or powdery either. Note: Never tried on foxes - but the principal is the same (i.e. repellant foreign smell.)

Best regards, Phsy.
Some excellent tips here...
Mothballs work really well to keep the cats out, just a bit difficult telling the difference between the male and female moths.
I would think a shotgun would be your best bet.
Get a dog
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants