Hi does anyone know

Posted 27th Oct
if I just need a twin and earth cable too connect this downlight or do I need some other things like a transformer or some special type of cable thanks.

3317111-lDjZR.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Sorry but it has to be said; you are asking a question that is already answered in the ad. GET AN ELECTRICIAN IN before you kill someone
Edited by: "ccnp" 27th Oct
ccnp27/10/2019 10:35

Sorry but it has to be said; you are asking a question that is already …Sorry but it has to be said; you are asking a question that is already answered in the ad. GET AN ELECTRICIAN IN before you kill someone

How would I kill someone buy buying a fitting don't want find a electrician on a Sunday morning just too ring him and ask this question don't think he would be too happy as I probably won't be getting it fitted for a good few months and at moment this was on offer so thought may aswell buy it never mind.
"Voltage 230V" so standard mains cable capable of carrying whatever its unstated max power rating is.
AndyRoyd27/10/2019 10:38

"Voltage 230V" so standard mains cable capable of carrying whatever its …"Voltage 230V" so standard mains cable capable of carrying whatever its unstated max power rating is.

..and great price at £1.34 if you can find any store stock.
MynameisM27/10/2019 10:37

How would I kill someone buy buying a fitting don't want find a …How would I kill someone buy buying a fitting don't want find a electrician on a Sunday morning just too ring him and ask this question don't think he would be too happy as I probably won't be getting it fitted for a good few months and at moment this was on offer so thought may aswell buy it never mind.

Because OP clearly let's us know he has no idea what (s)he is doing. The ad wording has most of the answer and if (s)he doesnt get that then the rest is out of safety range for OP

Don't mess with electrics.
Edited by: "ccnp" 27th Oct
ccnp27/10/2019 10:41

Because OP clearly let's us know he has no idea what (s)he is doing. The …Because OP clearly let's us know he has no idea what (s)he is doing. The ad wording has most of the answer and if (s)he doesnt get that then the rest is out of safety range for OPDon't mess with electrics.

Yes when did I say I am messing with electrics.
MynameisM27/10/2019 10:52

Yes when did I say I am messing with electrics.

OP, you offered ZERO context, therefore the conclusion was easy to come to, ..poor english = confusion, thus "context" required.
ccnp27/10/2019 10:41

Because OP clearly let's us know he has no idea what (s)he is doing. The …Because OP clearly let's us know he has no idea what (s)he is doing. The ad wording has most of the answer and if (s)he doesnt get that then the rest is out of safety range for OPDon't mess with electrics.

Observation: the one-sentence OP uses terminology indicating at least some electrical-related awareness / knowledge (t&e) not mentioned on product page.
MynameisM27/10/2019 10:37

How would I kill someone buy buying a fitting don't want find a …How would I kill someone buy buying a fitting don't want find a electrician on a Sunday morning just too ring him and ask this question don't think he would be too happy as I probably won't be getting it fitted for a good few months and at moment this was on offer so thought may aswell buy it never mind.

Ill sign of a very divided and fragmented Britain when you do NOT have a friend or a relative to ask and you have to ask here ?!
Your question is a sort of common information usually passed on by word of mouth by relatives or through communal livings with neigbour and others around one. This is called social skills and kinship, friendship (not the social network type).

Anyway, here are the maths and Readers Digest type of common knowledge as answers:-

1. Look at two leaflets here electricaldirect.co.uk/pro….ds

2. Look at the rating in watts of the bulb, school days knowledge is Volts x Amps = Watts , say you have 50 watts, so
the cable rating in amps is 35 watts divided by 240 vots(220-240v) =<0.2 Amps. So, any 1- 3A rated mains cable is good. (All mains cables have at least two layers of insulation.)

3. As for earthing, look out for double square box sign, if there is, then the downlight is double insulated, so no need to earth (and there will be no provision of a screw to fix lamp to earth cable. If there is an earth sign, then there will be a fixing point for you to earth the casing of the downlight. Critical, the info leaflet for this lamp says you do need to earth: Class I, Earth Required.
Edited by: "splender" 27th Oct
working with electrics is easy just turn off main switch, its when you switch back on the problems can start!
Edited by: "leitchyleck" 27th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants