Expired

Hi. does anyone let their kids sleep in a onesie with a hood.

Found 13th Dec 2015
I have just got a marvel onesie with a hood at asda and it says it is not to be used as sleepwear but nearly all the boys onesies have hoods, does anyone let their kids sleep in one
Community Updates
27 Comments
No, never. All the onesies my boys have are without hoods.
Never
All the onesies I have got before never had a hood but most in the shops now have a hood
The answer to your question is in the disclaimer from asda - not to be used as sleepwear!
Asking peeps on here if they do or don't really isn't the way to decide if it's 'safe' or not, go with what the retailer says and apply a bit of common sense.
We do just tuck it in
pennyfarthing88

The answer to your question is in the disclaimer from asda - not to be … The answer to your question is in the disclaimer from asda - not to be used as sleepwear!Asking peeps on here if they do or don't really isn't the way to decide if it's 'safe' or not, go with what the retailer says and apply a bit of common sense.

Was just asking as the onsies are with the pyjamas so you would think they are sleepwear. I have never got a onesie with a hood before.
Might be being dumb, but why is that? My boys onesies don't have hoods but just curious.
Goingmad

Might be being dumb, but why is that? My boys onesies don't have hoods … Might be being dumb, but why is that? My boys onesies don't have hoods but just curious.

Strangling, I presume
If it gets caught on a bunk bed? strangling? Also its not advisable to sleep in onesies incase of overheating - another precaution.
diamond321

If it gets caught on a bunk bed? strangling? Also its not advisable to … If it gets caught on a bunk bed? strangling? Also its not advisable to sleep in onesies incase of overheating - another precaution.

Really? I've genuinely never heard that before, aren't baby's all in ones (baby grows) technically onesies
smcg123

Really? I've genuinely never heard that before, aren't baby's all in ones … Really? I've genuinely never heard that before, aren't baby's all in ones (baby grows) technically onesies

How many baby grows have you seen that have hoods?!
bet Matt Damon does?
diamond321

If it gets caught on a bunk bed? strangling? Also its not advisable to … If it gets caught on a bunk bed? strangling? Also its not advisable to sleep in onesies incase of overheating - another precaution.

good job us humans have built in reflexes to stop us overheating eh

overheating in a onesie indeed, i've never heard something so stupid in my entire life
eset12345

good job us humans have built in reflexes to stop us overheating … good job us humans have built in reflexes to stop us overheating ehoverheating in a onesie indeed, i've never heard something so stupid in my entire life

babies can overheat
sowotsdis

bet Matt Damon does?

Lol
mrwhitelabel

babies can overheat

they will still toss and turn to remove / loosen blankets etc if they are too hot, its built in to us
eset12345

they will still toss and turn to remove / loosen blankets etc if they are … they will still toss and turn to remove / loosen blankets etc if they are too hot, its built in to us

and if they have a onsie one they cant remove it
mrwhitelabel

and if they have a onsie one they cant remove it

then they just shift around a bit to cool down, and if that doesn't work they will cry, it not rocket science, its self preservation.
Going to take it back, I didn't relies until I got home that it said not sleepwear, as it was with the pyjamas I thought it was ok to sleep in. I know it was a dumb question to ask and wish I hadnt but I can't delete my question
sowotsdis

bet Matt Damon does?

LOL great.TY
tiger_lily2008

Going to take it back, I didn't relies until I got home that it said not … Going to take it back, I didn't relies until I got home that it said not sleepwear, as it was with the pyjamas I thought it was ok to sleep in. I know it was a dumb question to ask and wish I hadnt but I can't delete my question

​don't feel dumb you were just asking advice on what was best for your child when you were unsure
tiger_lily2008

Was just asking as the onsies are with the pyjamas so you would think … Was just asking as the onsies are with the pyjamas so you would think they are sleepwear. I have never got a onesie with a hood before.

I assume they are used like a dressing gown, i.e. over pyjamas. Not as pyjamas themselves.
eset12345

good job us humans have built in reflexes to stop us overheating … good job us humans have built in reflexes to stop us overheating ehoverheating in a onesie indeed, i've never heard something so stupid in my entire life

People without epilepsy can have seizures during sleep due to overheating - it's certainly not worth the risk.
tiger_lily2008

Going to take it back, I didn't relies until I got home that it said not … Going to take it back, I didn't relies until I got home that it said not sleepwear, as it was with the pyjamas I thought it was ok to sleep in. I know it was a dumb question to ask and wish I hadnt but I can't delete my question

Not a dumb question at all' hope you didn't take offence at my earlier reply.
I'd be truly mortified if the advice given was yes go for it only for something bad to happen as a result!

Whilst it's unlikely even if the risk is just 1% then it's 1% too much.

Glad you got the answer you needed courtesy of those that replied
tiger_lily2008

​lol i don't think its dumb to ask,obviously u care about ur kids that's why u asked i would personally Just cut the hood off and just sew it job done if it was cheaper than normal Price.
seanj007

LOL great.TY

​nope not dumb at all, infact you may have highlighted this to lots of people reading.....people like myself who never read labels and wouldnt have even thought of hoods on onesies as a danger oO
My kids have hoodies on there onesie. Shouldn't be a problem, but they do have enough neck space on them. Never thought of it like you op, I must be used to it.
Doesn't your onsie have a good?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants