Expired

Hi everyone :-)

Found 18th Jun
Please can you help - I really want to buy an xbox one x, I havent got a clue whats a good offer?

We have a 4K UHD tv that I got from Currys a Samsung one (I think thats the right terminology) and from what I have read the xbox one I have now won't work properly on the new tv?

Thank you so much, I wouldnt know where to start! I'm having a baby in October so need to save money if possible!
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Don't bother getting one, once baby comes you shall have no life! From a new parent.
Enjoy the journey of parenthood.
Who told you that your current XBox One won't work properly?
Original XBox One - will work in 1080p HD through HDMI, just like it does today
XBox One S - will upscale games to 4K and play 4K Bluray
XBox One X - native 4K on games (which are XBox One X enhanced) & Bluray

Only you know your priorities but any XBox One will work 'properly' with a 4K TV - sure native 4K is nice to have, but at £350+?
X box one will work OK (from my understanding), it's just that to get the full benefit of the high spec TV you need a high spec output device. To be honest 4K is still in its infancy as far as development is concerned, with a limited amount of 4K product out there. I personally haven't gone the 4K route yet, I'm waiting to see if it goes the same way as curved screens and 3D Tvs - fashionable to have but really pointless.
deleted396333
Did you get a voucher for £100 off an Xbox one x when you bought your 4k tv from Currys?
I did.
That's a good deal.
Just trade all your junk at cex and get an X from there, I also have a Samsung 4k tv and it looks stunning as does the ps4 pro but just not as stunning
Thanks everyone! Native 4K is what I was told , that makes sense. Do only certain games have that then? I'll find a list .. I've found a few deals but nothing seems as good as last weeks ebay offer .. was away all week and didnt think to keep checking :-(
deleted39633318th Jun

Did you get a voucher for £100 off an Xbox one x when you bought your 4k …Did you get a voucher for £100 off an Xbox one x when you bought your 4k tv from Currys?I did.That's a good deal.

No :-( I got the tv in March so could be the reason .. been busy decorating and havent even really had chance to use it!
Ar460rn58 m ago

Who told you that your current XBox One won't work properly?Original XBox …Who told you that your current XBox One won't work properly?Original XBox One - will work in 1080p HD through HDMI, just like it does todayXBox One S - will upscale games to 4K and play 4K Bluray XBox One X - native 4K on games (which are XBox One X enhanced) & BlurayOnly you know your priorities but any XBox One will work 'properly' with a 4K TV - sure native 4K is nice to have, but at £350+?

Yeah that makes sense, I just wanted to get the full 'benefit' of my tv, I was a bit haste and bought it without really looking into the xbox scenario! It looked amazing in the store
Charlene_D18th Jun

Thanks everyone! Native 4K is what I was told , that makes sense. Do only …Thanks everyone! Native 4K is what I was told , that makes sense. Do only certain games have that then? I'll find a list .. I've found a few deals but nothing seems as good as last weeks ebay offer .. was away all week and didnt think to keep checking :-(

A list of Enhanced games here.
What's the model number of your TV?
Instead of going by what you've read on the internet, why don't you just connect everything up and give it a whirl.
Charlene_D18th Jun

Thanks everyone! Native 4K is what I was told , that makes sense. Do only …Thanks everyone! Native 4K is what I was told , that makes sense. Do only certain games have that then? I'll find a list .. I've found a few deals but nothing seems as good as last weeks ebay offer .. was away all week and didnt think to keep checking :-(

Loads of games are x enhanced and the list just gets bigger every week =) it's amazing and the 4k br player is great too
Ar460rn1 h, 21 m ago

A list of Enhanced games here.

Ahh you're a legend!! xx
Jay0802861 h, 12 m ago

What's the model number of your TV?

I think its UE40MU6470U x
adamderak7 h, 11 m ago

Don't bother getting one, once baby comes you shall have no life! From a …Don't bother getting one, once baby comes you shall have no life! From a new parent. Enjoy the journey of parenthood.

I have two kids doesn’t mean you give up things you enjoy doing. I have an Xbox and a PS4.
Your original Xbox one will work it just won’t be as good of picture as the one x. I have the one x in my game room and it does look awesome but I use the normal Xbox one in the bedroom on a 4K set and it works absolutely fine. With a 40” tv your going to have to be sat close to appreciate the 4K anyway no more than 5 foot away
andy18618613 h, 46 m ago

I have two kids doesn’t mean you give up things you enjoy doing. I have an …I have two kids doesn’t mean you give up things you enjoy doing. I have an Xbox and a PS4.

I have 3 kids and your 100% correct. More than enough time in the day to share between the kids and gaming.
Bargainhead19th Jun

Your original Xbox one will work it just won’t be as good of picture as t …Your original Xbox one will work it just won’t be as good of picture as the one x. I have the one x in my game room and it does look awesome but I use the normal Xbox one in the bedroom on a 4K set and it works absolutely fine. With a 40” tv your going to have to be sat close to appreciate the 4K anyway no more than 5 foot away

I got that code wrong its a samsung one but 43 but yeah i dont plan on sitting ridic far away. and thats exactly what I want to do, I want the one x downstairs with my new tv and then the xbox one i have upstairs! I really want to get one before baby comes and money becomes tight.. hoping they decrease a little in price before August or so.
Charlene_D19th Jun

I got that code wrong its a samsung one but 43 but yeah i dont plan on …I got that code wrong its a samsung one but 43 but yeah i dont plan on sitting ridic far away. and thats exactly what I want to do, I want the one x downstairs with my new tv and then the xbox one i have upstairs! I really want to get one before baby comes and money becomes tight.. hoping they decrease a little in price before August or so.

Go for it you won’t be disappointed, you can game share as well so you only buy 1 digital game and play on both on 2 separate ac
Charlene_D18th Jun

I think its UE40MU6470U x

on a 40inch tv you are hardly going to notice a difference unless your face is stuck to the screen
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants