Found 10th Jan 2011
Hi,

After a hi-fi, nothing massive, so one of those "microsystems" or whatever. Basically, something like this:

play.com/Ele…tml?P36=SUBQAF&affid=hotukdeals&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516%7Cprd:hotukdeals

Been ages since I bought a hi-fi so I don't know what I should be looking for/expecting to get for my money.

It needs to have a CD player, DAB and an iPod dock, just like the above. Oh, and crucially, it has to be pretty loud (not talking loud like a club, but pretty punchy).

Any other suggestions? Other brands/models?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Hifi
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Hifi
7 Comments

superfi.co.uk/ind…879

Is always a good choice, then have a look around for some speakers.

Just bought the daughter the one you linked for crimbo (noen DAB version) very pleased with it. Great value for £70

I'm in the same situation as Gash, it has been a long time since I bought a hifi

Does anyone know if its possible to get a system that 'streams' mp3 off your PC via my wireless router?

I've been looking for something off and on for a while, but not too seriously. I don't own an ipod so wouldn't need an ipod dock - although, most of these seem to come with that as standard. Would I be able to connect my SansaClip+ to an ipod dock? (i'm guessing via a 3.5mm jack cable?)

Original Poster

Thanks guys. Checking them out..

greg_68 - good system, but googling tells me it's not very loud at all. 10watts per speaker or something pathetic like that?!?!

Gash

Thanks guys. Checking them out..greg_68 - good system, but googling tells … Thanks guys. Checking them out..greg_68 - good system, but googling tells me it's not very loud at all. 10watts per speaker or something pathetic like that?!?!

I guess it's personal when it comes to sound but I class it as loud enough (I have to tell her to turn it down anyway) Don't know how loud you need it but it's certainly loud enough to fill a room with plenty to spare. Why not take a trip down to a hi-fi shop and have a listen to a similar Sony system, I think you'll be suprised.

Did you notice this deal, seems a steal at £70 for a Sony DAB Ipod docking system

hotukdeals.com/dea…167

Edited by: "greg_68" 11th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Thanks, but OOS now, shame I didn't see it before (my brother wants that exact model).

But yeah, 10W isn't loud enough for me, nowhere near.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74828
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions