hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the will be genuine or poor copies? thanks in advance

Found 5th Sep 2015
Community Updates
AskToys
17 Comments
Best check feedback
Original Poster
yeah I had a look 99% but they sell literally hundreds of items its Paw patrol stuff I'm looking at:)
I bought some ninja turtles for my lad, he already had one and these were listed as get genuine, guess what? They weren't! Still looked ok for the price but the quality just wasn't there, also expect 3 weeks for delivery
Also just as a word of warning you don't know what goes into the plastics or anything else. May be toxins and potentially dangerous.
No CE mark.
Original Poster
Mmm that's what I worried about its £12 cheaper than here but I'd rather pay the money than get fake ones not that the bairns would care lol
My mother ordered my 4 year old some paw patrol stuff and the toys were all pretty poor quality, she ordered a full set of the racers and they were quite flimsy plastic and didn't sit totally flat. We also got a set of the figures and again they were not great. The one thing i would say is she ordered him a paw patrol fleece blanket and when it came it was massive and really good quality, washed like a ribbon and she also ordered him a duvet cover set which again was great quality.
What i ended up doing was setting up 2 accounts with Very and spent £60 on each account on Paw Patrol stuff and then set up a credit account and used the £30 off a £60 spend code for new customers. So i basically got it half price - hope that made sense oO
annalovesabargain

Mmm that's what I worried about its £12 cheaper than here but I'd rather … Mmm that's what I worried about its £12 cheaper than here but I'd rather pay the money than get fake ones not that the bairns would care lol

£12 cheaper than what?

hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the will … hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the will be genuine or poor copies? thanks in advance

if you have to ask you already know the answer
Original Poster

hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the … hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the will be genuine or poor copies? thanks in advance

effingandjeffing

[quote=] hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if … [quote=] hi had anyone ordered toys from china on ebay? just wondering if the will be genuine or poor copies? thanks in advance

if I knew the answer I wouldn't have asked?
Just go on AliExpress. Much cheaper and it's the same stuff.
annalovesabargain

Mmm that's what I worried about its £12 cheaper than here but I'd rather … Mmm that's what I worried about its £12 cheaper than here but I'd rather pay the money than get fake ones not that the bairns would care lol

You care more about the cost than the safety of your bairns?

You cannot always trust products from China - they even send toys out with kite marks (CE etc) that are fake

If it was a mobile phone or something for an adult some would risk the purchase depending on certain criteria (cost saving, supplier reviews/feedback etc) but this is a toy for your bairns - is it really worth the risk?
Original Poster
philphil61

You care more about the cost than the safety of your bairns?You cannot … You care more about the cost than the safety of your bairns?You cannot always trust products from China - they even send toys out with kite marks (CE etc) that are fakeIf it was a mobile phone or something for an adult some would risk the purchase depending on certain criteria (cost saving, supplier reviews/feedback etc) but this is a toy for your bairns - is it really worth the risk?

I'm just going to buy from Argos
Original Poster
Thanks for replies was just asking as I thought perhaps it would be a case of buying direct from suppliers but I'm well in truly put off now however ordered a wall sticker sure that will be fine
annalovesabargain

I'm just going to buy from Argos

Respect given for a sensible choice
Dependant on the child's age, the first thing that will happen is it goes on the child's mouth. As said above, no EU safety on plastics used. Don't worry about whether they are genuine or not, worry about their safety.
I grabbed all 8 of them minecraft plush toys from a chinese seller for £8. That is what just 1 costs officially. Lad couldn't tell the difference.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants