Expired

Hi has anyone bought a phone from Hot Bargain Phones?

Found 2nd Sep 2014
They are advertising on my local Groupon..

Thanks
Community Updates
AskiPhonePhones
104 Comments
Never used them but they have Terrible reviews on their facebook page
Original Poster
Rogmeister

Never used them but they have Terrible reviews on their facebook page

Ok thankyou
Don't, i bought iphone mid august 14, it was faulty & i returned it by post on 29th August as instructed. I have sent 15 emails & made many phone calls ( never answered) and no satisfaction. Now they have my money & my phone & they keep sending me the same email asking for same details that i given them 15 times already. Dont go near them.
I have used them to buy a new iphone 5. Its faulty and despite there warrenty there is no one answering the phone and they don't respond to e-mails. My advise would be to stay well clear
Yeah, I placed an order this morning, (£387) still waiting for a confirmation about delivery, but they sent one (order complete)
I have 2 iPhone 5's purchased and both faulty with different issues! And yes no response to emails and cannot contact via phone either.
I bought an Iphone 5 in september, it was also faulty. I returned it by post and I have not ricovered my money! So don't by anything there!!!
OMG DONT USE THEM. TOOK MY MONEY AND DID NOT SEND PHONE. CONTACTING TRADING STANDARD WITH PROOF OF THEM TAKING MONEY!

Banned
enich

Don't, i bought iphone mid august 14, it was faulty & i returned it by … Don't, i bought iphone mid august 14, it was faulty & i returned it by post on 29th August as instructed. I have sent 15 emails & made many phone calls ( never answered) and no satisfaction. Now they have my money & my phone & they keep sending me the same email asking for same details that i given them 15 times already. Dont go near them.

There are dodgy buyers as well breaking the phones and then returning back for warranty recovery. Please read item description thoroughly, if you break the phone accidentally even Apple would not take the phone back from you. This is just a reseller.
They have a deal on Groupon, after reading this I will be staying clear, feel sorry for the 1000 people who have already placed an order through Groupon.
Banned
I don't think people who are happy would ever come to this site and would ever say anything as they have purchased their phones and they are happy. Only those who would have any issue would come and try to take their anger out and how many of you are here? It's common sense there will always be a problem with any purchase specially with Apple iPhone and if I am wrong then see the queue of people holding their brand new phones in their hands at Apple stores.
Banned
7 people complaining? JO-JO you started this and referig to Facebook references without even considering what people are saying good about us as well. If anyone has any issue call us directly, send us an email, we are here to help and offer support not to run away with your money or dodge you. Also beware of return policies, accidental damages, water damage, Jailbreaking and software manipulations are not covered under warranty. Not even covered by Apple and if they refuse your aik then abuse them as well with the same frequency as you are active over here. We have a panel of 3 engineers who decide each and every return matter after full inspection. We have no issues issuing refunds or replacements if within 14 days of purchase as stated in item description. After 14 days you could only send for free repair for faults with original manufacturer's items. No accidental damage is covered. Y any seller online or from stores.
I have had 2 phones from this company each one faulty on arrival. I have asked for a refund. The 2nd phone arrived back in their office 2 weeks ago and I have received an email confirming this and saying that they will give me a refund within 5-7 days. 2 weeks later still no refund. Their phone is either always engaged or goes straight to answer phone. On the few occasions I have managed to get through, I have been fobbed of with the promise of a phone call back as soon as the relavant person arrives to give the refund. The "manager" I spoke to is unable to give refunds as its not his department. As requested on the answer phone message, I have left a message and also emailed several times with no response. On one email and also in the phone packaging there was a request not to leave any negative feed back anywhere!! This has been going on since mid Oct and I've had enough. about that This is the only way I can think of to get a response from Apple Genie. I didn't want to write on any forum but i don't know what else to do.
Banned
I do not think there are any issues which are in pending at our returns department side unless any phone was returned back with accidental damage. You sound like we only sell faulty phones on arrival, if that would be the case out of 250,000 phones we have sold out we would just be busy in receiving returns and fixing phones for our customers and how much manpower would we require to do so. If there has been any problem send us emails rather leaving messages here as no one from our company is supposed to come to this forum and post replies but I am just doing it as a matter of good business gesture and offering maximum support. We do not consider these forums as authentic either so if you have any problems send us an email or if you have already sent an email please send another one through our website as neither we are rogue sellers not we will achieve anything by not responding to smaller deals while ruining our reputation in the market which worth way more than only 1 or 2 phone price equivalent. Thank you.
I bought a phone from them in September, used for about a week before the wi-fi stopped working. No damage on my part, wi-fi simply stopped working. PHONE WAS FAULTY. I returned it to the company who said I was not allowed a refund and agreed to fix. Waited for about a month, which is very inconvenient as I was without a phone so had to buy a new cheap one, and a new sim and credit as my sim will only fit the iPhone. When it was finally returned it was still not fixed!! It was sent back again and the same thing happened. The next time they agreed to send me a replacement. I received an e-mail Dec 24th confirming they had received my phone, today, Dec 29th I have received another phone with the exact same problem. Either the majority of your phones are faulty, or you have sent me back the exact same phone, in which case you could not have even looked at it or attempted to fix it, as within that time period there has only been one day that was not a bank holiday or weekend for which you could send it back.

If you claim to be an "apple genie" then you should have no problem fixing my phone. And if your company is as successful as you claim then one little refund would make no difference to you.

You also say to call you directly, but from the response on Facebook and here it is impossible to call you as the phone is always engaged, to which I can testify is true, quite ironic for a phone company really.

I want a refund for my phone so I can buy one that actually works.

I will email you in regards to this and have already posted on your Facebook page, along with all the other unhappy customers, and I will be taking this further if you do not rectify this situation.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banned
Please read item description again, WiFi is covered for 60 days only. Rest of the components are covered under 1 year warranty. We usually charge £45 for handling charges but in your case we did not charge. Please note it's very unfair to comment without even reading item description.
AppleGenie

Please read item description again, WiFi is covered for 60 days only. … Please read item description again, WiFi is covered for 60 days only. Rest of the components are covered under 1 year warranty. We usually charge £45 for handling charges but in your case we did not charge. Please note it's very unfair to comment without even reading item description.

Just out of interest why would WiFi be covered for only 60 days, when the rest of the components are covered for a year?

Banned
That's the policy, it's a used phone with 2 months warranty but out of courtesy and for a good business gesture the rest of the components like screen, home button, earpiece speaker, volume button, mute switch and others are covered for 1 year. Bear in mind we also offer phone with 60 days accidental damage cover as well. Terms and condition apply.
Do not purchase from them. Despite cancelling the orde they still dispatched the item and ask myself to resend it during the Christmas period for a prompt return. I have had contact with their very rude team manager who disconnected the call on 3 occasions. It has now been over 2 weeks and no one has responded to my emails and no refund has been issued. No one is answering the phones and occasionally the receiver is left off the dial so the line is ringing engaged. Do not purchase from them. It is a stressful ordeal and you will not be happy with the product that has many defects.
Banned
You can not ask us for the refund or cancelling the order. We do not hold your card or bank details, if purchased through Groupon the payment is held at their side for nearly 30 days. We do not even receive the same amount (obviously Groupon have their charges) therefore issuing any refund is not possible for us at all. When you return the phone back it goes through a queue where we check and test all the phones and then send request to Groupon for a refund. They take their time to issue refunds. I hope you'll understand.
Banned
Also I do not understand why you are complaining about the product been defective because your first statement said you wanted to cancel the transaction at first. You are possible one of those very few customers we have who are having issues otherwise we have sell more than 16,000 handsets every month, how many you see complaining here?
AppleGenie

Also I do not understand why you are complaining about the product been … Also I do not understand why you are complaining about the product been defective because your first statement said you wanted to cancel the transaction at first. You are possible one of those very few customers we have who are having issues otherwise we have sell more than 16,000 handsets every month, how many you see complaining here?

Applegenie after reading through your responses a few words of advice.

Instead of trying to justify your companies position you would be better advised to take ownership of these problems and see them through to a quick and equitable solution.

Comparing complaints to total sales is a pointless exercise. Yes people with a problem complain more but that's the point, they are paying you for a service/goods that is not meeting their expectations, so who else are they supposed to turn to? People who receive what they expect are not going to shout it from the roof tops, as they are paying and receiving what they PAY for.

If you want good reviews you would be better to go the extra mile for the people with problems. Nothing impresses more then a company that goes out of its way to make sure a customer is inconvenienced as least as possible. The first thing to do is make sure you are contactable. After reading through a lot of the reviews (here and other places) your biggest complaint by far is people calling and not receiving either an answer or reply to their message. That's an easy fix and should be a priority for any retailer.
Edited by: "Argoj" 31st Dec 2015
Banned
Read my previous message explaining everything about what happened. Then there is no need to come over here or going to different forums saying "do not buy from this company". People have this misunderstanding and despite our full support we can not keep everyone happy and mend things according to their tastes and requirements. You are getting a response here within minutes and even if you send email you'd receive a quicker response as well but obviously calling out of office hours would not be possible for us to respond that quick.
I have purchased a phone through Groupon as a Christmas present for my daughter. We were unable to test it until Christmas day as we didn't have another sim card to try in it. The sim reader is faulty according to Apple having tested both at Virgin mobile and at the Apple store. I have emailed twice and no response. I have contacted Groupon and am awaiting a response. I have tried to call the company many times and either rings out or engaged constantly. I have asked for a response by email before returning the phone so that I can have some sort of reference but nothing. I am concerned about returning the phone having seen the feedback on here and other places and ending up with nothing for our money, but currently I have one disappointed daughter with no phone and I am presuming all I can do is return the phone and hope for the best. How long do I expect to wait for a replacement phone once I have returned it?? Apple Genie a response would be good as this appears to be the only place where a response is received. I am very disappointed so far and will take this as far as I can to get some satisfaction. I think you will find that regardless of your statements about warranties that an item has to be fit for purpose and should have an "expected" minimum life, when you are paying well over £ 250 for an item then the 12 month warranty should cover all faults.
I presume you paid for the phone with a Credit Card ? In which case I would contact the card company and get the payment stopped as the goods are faulty and the supplier is not returning calls or emails. Then email the dodgy company informing them that the credit card company are now involved. That will wake them up and they may try to resolve your problem. If it doesn't then the card payment will almost certainly be refunded. Good luck.
Edited by: "nqtraderman" 5th Jan 2015
Banned
Also when your sim is not been accepted in that phone did you try to restore the phone? Most of the problems are resolved by simple restore. This company test and check the phones thoroughly before sending and have 4 times checked phones but this is a legal requirement that a buyer must accept Apple's terms and conditions before start using the phone therefore phone must be restored before you could start using it. There is only less than 1% chance of phone's sim reader has been faulty but that could be due to any accidental damage as well or SIM card inserted incorrectly. Things could go wrong but just contact the seller and they should be able to get that sorted for you.
I've bought two phones from them and they are both great, working perfectly. They also both look new. I was really pleased with my purchases and would definitely use them again-why buy new at twice the price? I'm only writing this to show that not everyone has a bad experience with this company
Think the problem with this company is communication. I too have tried calling you on the 02000114180 number which comes up as an incorrect number and also on 02085988645 which is constantly engaged. I have emailed and contacted you through your website and have had no response. I will await a reply before telling my story but would be intrested to hear how you get on hempster.
Thanks for replies. Yes we did buy on a credit card and I have the forms to lodge a dispute if necessary. Yamyammy good to hear something positive about the company which is giving me a bit more confidence. Apple Genie do you work for this company? But in answer to your question we have tried to restore the phone on several occasions, on advice from Virgin, then at the Virgin Media shop and again at the Apple store. We took it to both shops for advice in case we were missing something obvious before referring back to the company as a fault. They both tried functioning sims in the phone, neither of which worked. The phone will not send texts or make calls, it also doesn't receive calls and occasionally receives a text but outgoing is failing. There is no way that we have accidentally damaged the sim merely by inserting it on several occasions. I presume you would suggest that we return the phone to Hot Bargain Phones, Apple Genie, which is what I intend to do after Groupon have had their time to respond (7-10 working days). I think this is all I can do and then if no response again then I will refer to the credit card company and Groupon as I see that they are continuing to have the company deals on their website. I hope that we have just been unlucky, but the customer service is very poor and is not filling me with any amount of confidence. Consequently I have had to buy another sim for my daughter's old phone just so that she can have something whilst she waits for this longed for Christmas present. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I had made this purchase, I am usually really savvy about this kind of thing, but because it was on Groupon I didn't give it a second thought. I will be posting again with an update whether it's a good or bad outcome, I believe in giving a company a fair hearing and we are all quick to comment on poor service but not so when it's good, I hope that I am wrong and that the company does come good in the end.......:(
Banned
As I said earlier people who are happy with their products would nt even bother coming to HUKD and posting replies, to be really honest who cares what happens once I have my purchased item exactly how I expected or even better than expected. Only those who are a bit agitated or frustrated or concerned that they are done would search for mediums and go there to post these replies. I am glad positive reply came and I am sure many people are out there who are more than happy with their purchases but no one is inviting them to come and post these replies here. Sale is not down for this company either so they don't bother. I have enough time so posting these replies here, I do not know these guys personally but purchased quite few phones for my family and friends through teir ebay store and their website as well. All brilliant, all working well so far(touch wood). I have spoken to their upper management about these posts and they do keep an eye but they have a point, rather than posting messages over those websites why don't people send them emails? Many friendly customer services reps are sitting there replying to emails. Also your credit card company do not bother what did you get, they simply bothered if you purchased the item or authorised the purchase or not, if not then they could take action otherwise they can not be held responsible for anything you purchased and was not as described. You could open a case with them they will simply ask you to return the faulty item back and if other party appeals and files an affidavit saying they did not receive the product back in the same condition the case will be refused and you will loose out on money with product as well. So best is to resolve it with your supplier.
Hempstar- if you are still having issues with the phone, and not having any luck getting it fixed or your money back, moneyclaim.gov.uk is dead easy to use.

Its basically an online version of the small claims court. I have used it before with a dodgy used car salesman, and it was really easy.
Banned
Claiming money for what? You gae the product in your hand which you claim to be faulty. Send it back for warranty recovery. Under the law and seller's conditions you can not claim for a refund after 14 days or the designated cool off period.
at least this thread will advise ppl to steer clear of using this company in the future
Banned
Personal choice, there are hardly 10 people complaining here? What about rest of those over 10,000 customers per month? People are not even 100% happy with Apple either.
AppleGenie

Personal choice, there are hardly 10 people complaining here? What about … Personal choice, there are hardly 10 people complaining here? What about rest of those over 10,000 customers per month? People are not even 100% happy with Apple either.

in an earlier post you refer to this company as "us"
in a later one you now claim your just a happy customer which one is it ?
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 6th Jan 2015
I am returning the phone tomorrow having finally had an email reply today. AppleGenie you appear to work for the company or have an interest as you are on here and Facebook. Tbh I really don't understand your last reply to me, I'm sure that you are trying to be helpful in some way but clearly what is needed is decent customer service. I have already sent messages via the webpage on the 27th and 29th December, this is the first response I have had today, as the telephone line is engaged all the time. I think you will find that Which advise that goods have to be fit for purpose and despite any warranty all items have an "expected" life span, I don't think a phone that is sold as such, whether it's refurbished or not, which doesn't send texts or make calls is fit for purpose. I will post back again once the 7 working days have lapsed to let everyone on here at least know whether this reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
Banned
If I am from their customer services then think how quick responses are coming over. Those people who are complaining about their transactions were not satisfactory should contact their customer services. I have nothing to do with that company but just being an honest customer. Nothing else.
Banned
Send the phone for warranty recovery. I have full belief your matter will be resolved. You admit that you received a response from the customer services therefore I consider matter resolved.
[quote=AppleGenie]7 people complaining? JO-JO you started this and referig to Facebook references without even considering what people are saying good about us as well. If anyone has any issue call us directly, send us an email, we are here to help and offer support not to run away with your money or dodge you.

↑ 0↓AppleGenie3 minutes ago #37Show comment tools Reply ReportIgnoreIf I am from their customer services then think how quick responses are coming over. Those people who are complaining about their transactions were not satisfactory should contact their customer services. I have nothing to do with that company but just being an honest customer. Nothing else.
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 6th Jan 2015
Banned
Whatever you say, customer services is working and if I am replying on their behalf here that does not mean I am part of their customer services. Stop blaming companies for not responding to emails, just spoke to HBP customer services about one particular issue where customer claiming never received a reply where they sent me proof of email replied within 2 working hours of that customer's email received. Whichever way you look at, this is unfair of keep uploading messages here without contacting the customer services.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants