EXPIRED

Hi, has anyone had any foreign bodies in any snacks they have purchased from any supermarkets? If so, what did you do? who did you contact the supermarket or the company direct? who would be held responsible?Thanks in advance

foreign body in food

18 Comments

How do you know the body was foreign?

markwillows

How do you know the body was foreign?

lol

Yes. I went back to store with item and they have a form and process to investigate. store also refunded me for item. 2 weeks later I got a 15£ voucher to say sorry and explanation etc.

Original Poster

djalc10

Yes. I went back to store with item and they have a form and process to … Yes. I went back to store with item and they have a form and process to investigate. store also refunded me for item. 2 weeks later I got a 15£ voucher to say sorry and explanation etc.

which store was this?

Those immigrants are trying allsorts these days !

lianne21

Those immigrants are trying allsorts these days !

That's just Bertie Bassett...

I had bugs on my bananas at asda took them back and they refunded me gave me a £5 gift voucher and new bananas :-)

The retailer is responsible, so you can always take something back to the store. You can also go direct to the manufacturer. Both will be interested to hear from you and assist you.

I would go straight to the manufacturer as you're more likely to get better compensation/goodwill from them. The retailer is likely to just either give you your money back or a replacement item.

What did you find in what? I once found something that looked like a piece of melted plastic in a pack of chocolate animal biscuits. I sent it to the manufacturer who looked into it and eventually told me it was a piece of hardened dough (not a biscuit). Not sure what they gave me, probably a voucher. I returned some marg that was off and got a £50 cheque, told the Co-op their balsam tissues where no better than sandpaper and they gave me £2 voucher, which was less than the tissues cost. I never hesitate to contact customer services if I have any issues though.

starf

which store was this?

tescos. I haven't eaten a sandwich from them since

I had bugs on my bananas at asda took them back and they refunded me gave … I had bugs on my bananas at asda took them back and they refunded me gave me a £5 gift voucher and new bananas :-)

I think you'd have been better off going to an STD clinic there mate !

Original Poster

Tony68k

The retailer is responsible, so you can always take something back to the … The retailer is responsible, so you can always take something back to the store. You can also go direct to the manufacturer. Both will be interested to hear from you and assist you.I would go straight to the manufacturer as you're more likely to get better compensation/goodwill from them. The retailer is likely to just either give you your money back or a replacement item.What did you find in what? I once found something that looked like a piece of melted plastic in a pack of chocolate animal biscuits. I sent it to the manufacturer who looked into it and eventually told me it was a piece of hardened dough (not a biscuit). Not sure what they gave me, probably a voucher. I returned some marg that was off and got a £50 cheque, told the Co-op their balsam tissues where no better than sandpaper and they gave me £2 voucher, which was less than the tissues cost. I never hesitate to contact customer services if I have any issues though.

I found a piece of metal in ready to eat asian snack

once bought a findus ready meal and it had beef in it.... shocked!

[/quote]I found a piece of metal in ready to eat asian snack[/quote]

....its called a fork
Edited by: "Chumba_Wumba" 12th Jan 2015

Found a piece of plastic in a supermarket's bakery roll. I Tweeted the supermarket and they got back to me the same day, and I received a self-addressed envelope the next day to send it to them. They soon responded and gave me a £15 Gift Card and an explanation. Apparently it was a clip from one of their machines used in the manufacture of the rolls.

It wasn't a snack but about 2 years ago I had a shard of glass in Farmfoods sweet & sour sauce, I went to bite down and there was something hard (I assumed it was bone from the chicken) and was surprised to find a 10mm long piece of glass, it looked like it was from the thread where the lid is screwed on. I sent a couple of photos who sent me an envelope to send it back in. They then sent me a £20 voucher... They're lucky I wasn't the type to kick up a fuss!

Original Poster

dirty_stan

It wasn't a snack but about 2 years ago I had a shard of glass in … It wasn't a snack but about 2 years ago I had a shard of glass in Farmfoods sweet & sour sauce, I went to bite down and there was something hard (I assumed it was bone from the chicken) and was surprised to find a 10mm long piece of glass, it looked like it was from the thread where the lid is screwed on. I sent a couple of photos who sent me an envelope to send it back in. They then sent me a £20 voucher... They're lucky I wasn't the type to kick up a fuss!

you should have kicked up a fuss. I intend to

I found a Chinese in my sweet and sour crisps.

starf

you should have kicked up a fuss. I intend to

....you might find that you end up being the foreign body in somebody else's snack.....thats how the mafia deal with it

Edited by: "Chumba_Wumba" 12th Jan 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Problem with new double glazed installation22
    2. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?11
    3. Wifi extender67
    4. Uploading screen recordings/images online22

See more discussions