Hi, has anyone here heard of or used gcomstore.co.uk?

Found 11th Aug 2015
.Their prices seem ridiculously good gcomstore.co.uk/xbo…ail

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
63 Comments

if it sounds to good it probably is...

I was wondering the same. They only accept direct bank transfer as payment. That can't be right.

Banned

legit

Original Poster

thomas25

legit

How do you know?

I wanted an apple watch but don't like the fact I can't pay by card

I'd like to know the same.. I checked out Companies House data but can't seem to find anything . . Probably shouldn't. If PayPal or a credit card payment isn't available, it's usually not wise.

i typed in their registration number and came across it on multiple sites but still not enough evidence to buy anything for me

I did some research on this company and it was registered last year.apparently they had a secretary who was registered as theirsecretary but resigned after 1 month.her name is ika randall did a facebook search and there is 1 ika randall that lives in Bournemouth where their business resides.

Maybe someone could message her and see why she resigned after a month and see if she can confirm if business is legit.

It sounds to be good to be true and there's no 'real' payment protection so I'm staying clear. I emailed the sales team to say that I would only order if another payment option was available but I've had no reply. Shame for them if they turn out to be genuine but I can't see them doing any business unless it's cash of collection.

teeth54

How do you know?

he is joking, this screams scam.

simonham

I did some research on this company and it was registered last … I did some research on this company and it was registered last year.apparently they had a secretary who was registered as theirsecretary but resigned after 1 month.her name is ika randall did a facebook search and there is 1 ika randall that lives in Bournemouth where their business resides. Maybe someone could message her and see why she resigned after a month and see if she can confirm if business is legit.

bro, this is clearly a scam. Prices are way too cheap and they only accept bank transfer?

Even if they were real i would never send them any money haha.

Its great to see all these comments. Im not at all computer savy and was going to buy my son one this morning. As not computer game savy either! So the price meant nothing. Keep up the good. work.

Domain name:
gcomstore.co.uk

Registrant:
Gcom Store Ltd

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
4 Forty Acre Road
Trumpington
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
CB2 9AL
United Kingdom

Check out the postcode on Google Maps https://****/maps/zAbCI defo not a business.

Defo a scam. They've popped up out of nowhere even though they've been incorporated since 2014. Was considering buying an Apple Watch myself but research as others have done above has put me off. "If it's too good to be true...."

thomas25

legit

how do you know that it is legit

LouisBremner

how do you know that it is legit

He is joking.

http://www.gcomltd.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Gcom-uk-limited/About-Gcom-UK.html

Both same to be base in cambridge, same as gcom store.

Hmmmm, there is this .... GCOM UK STORE Address: 81 High Street, Toseland, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6RX Country: UK Phone: 01480 438525.... not sure I would risk it tbh.
Edited by: "Splodger101" 19th Aug 2015

I've just stumbled on these comments- I have ordered apple watch 38mm which is due to be delivered 25th (Tuesday) from Gcom. I will report back after if anyone's interested

warmalien

I've just stumbled on these comments- I have ordered apple watch 38mm … I've just stumbled on these comments- I have ordered apple watch 38mm which is due to be delivered 25th (Tuesday) from Gcom. I will report back after if anyone's interested

warmalien

I've just stumbled on these comments- I have ordered apple watch 38mm … I've just stumbled on these comments- I have ordered apple watch 38mm which is due to be delivered 25th (Tuesday) from Gcom. I will report back after if anyone's interested

Let us know how you get on warmalien

Rogerson80

Defo a scam. They've popped up out of nowhere even though they've been … Defo a scam. They've popped up out of nowhere even though they've been incorporated since 2014. Was considering buying an Apple Watch myself but research as others have done above has put me off. "If it's too good to be true...."

​The registrants address doesn't have to be the business address btw

stubbadub

​The registrants address doesn't have to be the business address btw

​oops replied to the wrong comment. Should be the one above yours sorry

Let us know how you get on warmalien

If you have to ask if a site is a scam site, it is.

New user generating publicity for his scam site

I also ordered an apple watch mine is also due to be delivered tomorrow so fingers crossed it turns up :-/

Tried contacting them today and they have stopped answering the phone. I would be surprised if you get your goods. Looks like a scam.

Yeh i also have been trying to call all day but tbh I did speak to the guy twice last week on the phone after I'd ordered first I got the answer machine that sounds American then he answered the phone only thing that gets me is they have been active since Nov last year now surely I can't be the only person to buy from them an if anyone else had been ripped off whys there no bad reviews anywhere about them ripping people off?
Very confusing just hope my watch turns up tomorrow

Not turned up so far

An the number I have is permenantly on answer phone
Well clearly I'm an idiot

I ordered from this site and then realised that the only option of payment was direct bank transfer. This is clearly dodgy as that offers no protection to buyers. You are effectively handing them cash with no guarantee that you will see the product. I emailed anyway to ask for the order to be cancelled not that I was expecting it to be fulfilled. As yet they haven't responded to my email.

Well my order never turned up what a surprise!
Not much I can do about it... You live an learn I guess

Original Poster

Sorry to here that Kerry. Hopefully it's not a scam, and just been delayed in the post.

Warmalien, did you ever receive your goods?

minxykerry

Well my order never turned up what a surprise!Not much I can do about … Well my order never turned up what a surprise!Not much I can do about it... You live an learn I guess

Report it to the police!

Thanks but I doubt it will turn up
An no point speaking to the police can't see them doing much to be honest

I've reported it to the police and filled out a report on action fraud website can't do anymore

Warmalien here. Report on gcomstore. They are 100% bogus- kept my money and no delivery- won't reply to phone calls or emails spread the word- don't touch them with a bargepole! They took me for £219!

Hi, sad to report I've also been scammed by Gcom store. Unfortunately for me I came across these comments too late. Ordered a ps4 bundle for my little boys birthday but delivery day has come and gone with no delivery. Nearly £300 gone like that, had only just scraped it together as well :0(. I will be reporting this... Please share that gcom store Ltd are fake, get it across social media if you can, they need to be stopped. Never been scammed before, am proper gutted.

Please don't become a victim
This company is fraud
Took £289 for a phone
Contacted my bank they cannot help
so if money gone its gone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions