Groups

Hi - Help needed re laptop section

Hi - I love this site and have been visiting regularly, now I'm hoping for a bit of help from all the wonderful, in the know people...... grovel grovel.
    Am on the look out for a new laptop (my old one has given up the ghost well and truly) and have been looking at a refurb Fujitso Siemens (around £300) but have noticed Dell Inspiron 1525 on Tesco and an Acer 5715z T2390 which is reduced to £359. Now the Fujitso is worth more (about £500) but is cheaper as it's refurb however is it better to buy new? Dell is a good make but the Acer has 3GB of ram so I thought that would be a faster machine???

Any general (low tech) comments would be really helpful, or any alternative laptops?

Cheers!!

2 Comments

WELCOME to HUKD !

I'd personally go for the refurb one or the Dell. It's down to what the final spec is, but that's my choice.

I agree with kyalion, go for the Dell.
    Although I have owned a Fujitsu Siemens and they are pretty solid machines, I wouldn't choose them again.

I also would avoid Acer like the plague, mainly because of their shoddy build quality and general styling.

Have you looked in the Dell Outlet? It's where most of the Dell refurbs are; you should save a small fortune o some models.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions