Groups
    EXPIRED

Hi, I am looking to buy a photo frame for a friend's birthday ths week but, being a bloke, I have no idea where to buy a decent frame. I wish to put my friend's photo in it as a surprise so any suggestions? Thank you.

Photo frame

19 Comments

John Lewis and/or Debenhams

Plenty to chose from on line or in store

The range has some really nice photo frames well worth a look.

Debenhams, M&S and even some of the big supermarkets should all have a good selection. Depending on budget, you might want to check the supermarkets first.

Or BHS usually have a great range

(_;) wilco's
    Edited by: "emmabee123" 14th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thanks all - I was just browsing at the likes of M&S, Debenhams, etc and then I had a look at the likes of Wilkinsons, BHS, etc and there is a big price difference between the so-called 'qualitu' stores and someone like Wilkinsons.

I want this to be a 'nice' present but is the quality of the frames from M&S / Debenhams, reflected in the price, that much 'nicer' than from the cheaper stores? (Here writes a man who has taken a decade to work out that M&S boxer shorts are 3 times as much as elsewhere but actually not as good as elsewhere.).

Thank you.

tawse57

Thanks all - I was just browsing at the likes of M&S, Debenhams, etc and … Thanks all - I was just browsing at the likes of M&S, Debenhams, etc and then I had a look at the likes of Wilkinsons, BHS, etc and there is a big price difference between the so-called 'qualitu' stores and someone like Wilkinsons.I want this to be a 'nice' present but is the quality of the frames from M&S / Debenhams, reflected in the price, that much 'nicer' than from the cheaper stores? (Here writes a man who has taken a decade to work out that M&S boxer shorts are 3 times as much as elsewhere but actually not as good as elsewhere.).Thank you.

In my experience, the boxes may be slightly nicer and more robust, but the frame itself will be very similar in quality.

Original Poster

Mermoo

In my experience, the boxes may be slightly nicer and more robust, but … In my experience, the boxes may be slightly nicer and more robust, but the frame itself will be very similar in quality.

You mean just the packaging that the frame comes in?

TK Maxx usually have a nice range of frames at discounted prices. (tho they seem to be mostly quite ornate\girly in my local store) If there isn't one near you you can buy online. I ordered a couple of things recently and the delivery time was about 3 days. Next also stock frames...I often forget they do that sort of thing.

Original Poster

Thanks.

tawse57

You mean just the packaging that the frame comes in?

Exactly! I'd also agree-TKMaxx would be a good place to start-you're likely to get more for your money, but most of them probably won't come boxed (no matter-they only get thrown away anyway).

You can always get a box for it though if you want it to look special,

Original Poster

Thanks all - much appreciated.

Boots do nice selection frames .

suezygirl

Boots do nice selection frames .

and Boots are often buy one get one free or half price....

go to the poundshops around you. some have decent frames. tkmaxx are doing free delivery as well.. so have a look at their online range

Original Poster

Thanks all for your advice.

I had a good look in M&S, BHS, Debenhams and TKMAXX today and the classiest looking ones... and the most reasonable... were in Wilkinsons.

I bought two - shiny metal modern glittery things.

Wilko's have good photo frames , i always get lovely frames from wilko

why not get it on a canvas through photobox
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)11
      2. Sky34
      3. £1 O2 Priority Lunch is ending???44
      4. Does anybody have a spare now tv entertainment pass please?36

See more discussions