Expired

Hi I got a ticket for parking on white zigzag line during nights for 5 minutes.I thought we are allowed to park there at nights ,is their any point in appealing

17 Comments
White zigzag is on a crossing. Therefore at no point are you allowed.
Yellow is a school and AFAIK, you can park on those out of hours
It is right in front of my house
how can u not know this if u drive?
NO PARKING AT ANY TIME ON ZIGZAGS !! Naughty Naughty
kumarana

It is right in front of my house

Well then you should know better. If you have read the highway code you will know that you cannot park there.

You can always appeal it will give them something to laugh about when you tell them I thought you can park there at night.
you are not even allowed to stop in a 'controlled zone'. this is the area defined by the white zigzag lines. 3 points on your licence is the norm
ceres

Do the white zigzag lines in front of your house mark a pedestrian … Do the white zigzag lines in front of your house mark a pedestrian crossing?

Yes there is a pedestrain crossing 10 meters before my house and the white zigzag lines starts from there and end in front of my house
This will help the OP;

gov.uk/bro…ode
ceres

Well then, you have your answer. You cannot stop or park at any time of … Well then, you have your answer. You cannot stop or park at any time of the day or night. There is no point appealing.

Except if your vehicle suffers a breakdown!
thanks
I would appeal, if I had received a ticket without any evidence (photographic). I would prbably argue that I had not parked ON the lines but just before they actualy started. I would do this because I would not lose out as they normaly extend the period of time for repaying the lower penalty if a dispute is made. They would either forgive me and pardon the penalty or provide me with photo evidence and ask for the money. I would do this as a rule of thumb for any penalty (except a police stop) because there is little harm in asking for evidence. this is what I would but I can't tell you what YOU should do because that may break the rules of this site. Besides I do NOT for a sec condone the breaking of Law in any way, shape or form.
ALWAYS Appeal
You always get the option to pay the reduced rate and you don't have anything to lose by appealing the first time.
Not only is it illegal, it is downright dangerous.
No point in appealing, fine and points too, read ticket properly please, you have to produce documents too. Sorry
No point in appealing, fine and points too, read ticket properly please, you have to produce documents too. Sorry
Another parking troll

How long have you been driving for?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants