Expired

Hi I have a Baumatic BDW01 dishwasher it is showing error E4 I have tried cleaning filters, checked outlet hose and rinse aid. Can anyone advise me as to what else could be causing the problem. Cheers

Found 18th May 2014
I don't know of any Baumatic technicians in my area. Glasgow West.
Community Updates
10 Comments
First hit on Google here

So looks like dishwasher needs a dry out.
my sister had the same problem with hers...its caused by excessive soap/bubbles that fill the inside and go down the overflow pipe and into a tank in the base....the cure is to take it outside and tip it on its side or upside down to get all the water out of the tank and that releases the safety cut out switch and clears the error.or just wait weeks for it to evaporate its self lol.it thinks the dishwasher is over filling and cuts out to avoid a flood..its a common problem with Baumatic....3 in 1 powerball tablets = to much foam/bubbles in side = over flow error cut out..

oh by the way Baumatic are no longer Baumatic they went under and got brought out by hoover last december so if you need a repair done look for hoover places
terry7866

my sister had the same problem with hers...its caused by excessive … my sister had the same problem with hers...its caused by excessive soap/bubbles that fill the inside and go down the overflow pipe and into a tank in the base....the cure is to take it outside and tip it on its side or upside down to get all the water out of the tank and that releases the safety cut out switch and clears the error.or just wait weeks for it to evaporate its self lol.it thinks the dishwasher is over filling and cuts out to avoid a flood..its a common problem with Baumatic....3 in 1 powerball tablets = to much foam/bubbles in side = over flow error cut out..oh by the way Baumatic are no longer Baumatic they went under and got brought out by hoover last december so if you need a repair done look for hoover places

Have just changed to Fairy over past couple of weeks. Guessing this is the problem. Haven't a clue how to take dishwasher out!!!
its built in then ?
terry7866

its built in then ?

Yes it is integrated.
Found this, not sure if it is the same model though

E4 error'
Took off the two black panels at the front - if you push down just inside the two tabs on the top of the panel, they pop out really easily - turned off the electricity (there was no way of finding where the power came from - crazy installation), mopped up inside the machine until the little polystyrene float was sitting back down on the bottom of the housing, and hey presto!
mikey_d

Found this, not sure if it is the same model thoughE4 error' Took off the … Found this, not sure if it is the same model thoughE4 error' Took off the two black panels at the front - if you push down just inside the two tabs on the top of the panel, they pop out really easily - turned off the electricity (there was no way of finding where the power came from - crazy installation), mopped up inside the machine until the little polystyrene float was sitting back down on the bottom of the housing, and hey presto!

HI mikey_d, thanks. Think you have a different model mine has BDW01SS under the start button.
Found another fix that seems to be for your model

The most common cause of E4 is a spillage of water into the base of the appliance.
Unplug the appliance.
Look at the panel below the door.
This should be removable.
Take it off, use a sponge to remove any water in the base.
(this is not inside below the filters, it's under that).
Once removed, try the machine again.
Watch through the open port to see if it's leaking.
mikey_d

Found another fix that seems to be for your modelThe most common cause of … Found another fix that seems to be for your modelThe most common cause of E4 is a spillage of water into the base of the appliance.Unplug the appliance.Look at the panel below the door.This should be removable.Take it off, use a sponge to remove any water in the base.(this is not inside below the filters, it's under that).Once removed, try the machine again.Watch through the open port to see if it's leaking.

Will give that a go tomorrow, I am getting so fed up! I have been using a turkey baster to get rid of all excess water, no luck.Will post how I get on. Very much appreciate your help.
mikey_d

Found another fix that seems to be for your modelThe most common cause of … Found another fix that seems to be for your modelThe most common cause of E4 is a spillage of water into the base of the appliance.Unplug the appliance.Look at the panel below the door.This should be removable.Take it off, use a sponge to remove any water in the base.(this is not inside below the filters, it's under that).Once removed, try the machine again.Watch through the open port to see if it's leaking.

Panel not coming off. I'll wait a few days to see if it dries out if not I suppose it will have to be a new one. I've had it six years so can't really complain.
Thanks for all your help. x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions