Hi I was wanting too buy this worktop

Posted 29th Jul
from bnq as it has gone on offer and was looking at it before,I have just looked at the review's and they it seems there is some kind of a fault is it the materials used or possibly a bad batch why this has happened the review's have put me off anyone know if it's the square edge that causes this problem or possibly a few bad ones came in a batch.

diy.com/dep…BwE
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
The bad reviews all state the same thing, that the laminate started lifting up very quickly. Seeing as it has negative reviews and there are tons of other worktops out there then the smart advice would be to leave this one and look for an alternative.
i agree with the above comment. doesn't look good so not worth the risk.
I'm no expert, but I'd choose a roll edge over square edge laminate top so as not to have the joint in the laminate at the top edge where moisture could get in. Also a beaded or rolled edge does less damage if you slip over an bonk your head on it
melted29/07/2020 23:59

I'm no expert, but I'd choose a roll edge over square edge laminate top so …I'm no expert, but I'd choose a roll edge over square edge laminate top so as not to have the joint in the laminate at the top edge where moisture could get in. Also a beaded or rolled edge does less damage if you slip over an bonk your head on it

Is there a drunken night out story behind this ?
"some kind of a fault is it the materials used or possibly a bad batch" yes bad batch. Ignore the reviews. That's what I do, ignore reviews and make up my own mind and chance a bad batch.
for that kind of money, go for a duropal worktop, far better quality
Nad_8430/07/2020 13:08

for that kind of money, go for a duropal worktop, far better quality

I have read up on worktops and a few kitchen fitters have commented on the duropal being quite bad quality they damage there router bits and the edges done give clean cuts as the worktops seem too be filled with other materials other than just woodchip, things like recycled glass etc. So was put off them aswell.

I think I will go for the bushboard options .
MynameisM30/07/2020 13:43

I have read up on worktops and a few kitchen fitters have commented on the …I have read up on worktops and a few kitchen fitters have commented on the duropal being quite bad quality they damage there router bits and the edges done give clean cuts as the worktops seem too be filled with other materials other than just woodchip, things like recycled glass etc. So was put off them aswell.I think I will go for the bushboard options .

We have one, it's very good quality, no issues with install on our end. I think if the worktops are damaging blade it may be because they are old/cheap tools.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants