Groups

Hi, I'm going to phone to cancel sky, when is the best time to do it

On the day the DD comes out, or the day before which do you think would be best. I'm hoping they will offer me a good deal as I just want sky+ not hd, any thoughts will be appreciated x x x x x

42 Comments

'Hi, I'm going to phone to cancel sky, when is the best time to do it'

5 o'clock's usually a good time I find.

Original Poster

DerryBhoy;4291789

'Hi, I'm going to phone to cancel sky, when is the best time to do it'5 … 'Hi, I'm going to phone to cancel sky, when is the best time to do it'5 o'clock's usually a good time I find.

sorry i meant which which day lol
    :thumbsup:

today

Original Poster

choc1969;4291802

today

thanks choc:thumbsup:

Angelstar;4291797

sorry i meant which which day lol:thumbsup:

Yeah,I know :lol:

dont ring the 0870 no or 0845 here is the other
    sky no for you 01506 677000

Original Poster

DerryBhoy;4291820

Yeah,I know :lol:

lol thanks x x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

octobergirl;4291821

sky no for you 01506 677000

thanks very much :thumbsup:

When is your DD due, A DD is usually applies for at least two days before it is due to come out of you bank account so best to ring a week before. Make sure you spk to cancellations as they are usually the people who will offer you a good deal.

christinemerlot;4291833

When is your DD due, A DD is usually applies for at least two days before … When is your DD due, A DD is usually applies for at least two days before it is due to come out of you bank account so best to ring a week before. Make sure you spk to cancellations as they are usually the people who will offer you a good deal.

shouldn't you speak to the retentions team ? :?

Original Poster

christinemerlot;4291833

When is your DD due, A DD is usually applies for at least two days before … When is your DD due, A DD is usually applies for at least two days before it is due to come out of you bank account so best to ring a week before. Make sure you spk to cancellations as they are usually the people who will offer you a good deal.

it's due saturday on the 7th of every month

Original Poster

choc1969;4291841

shouldn't you speak to the retentions team ? :?

i will give it a try x x :thumbsup:

I phoned last week to do the same and the best offer was £79.99 for Sky+ installed.

Original Poster

thedish;4291884

I phoned last week to do the same and the best offer was £79.99 for Sky+ … I phoned last week to do the same and the best offer was £79.99 for Sky+ installed.

I don't mind that I begrudge paying £60 for installation

Phone a couple of days before dd payment.
    I cancelled last night and got offered absolutly nothing "thanks for your custom for the last 8 years" Yeah...thanks for nothing.

Original Poster

Broxy;4291910

Phone a couple of days before dd payment.I cancelled last night and got … Phone a couple of days before dd payment.I cancelled last night and got offered absolutly nothing "thanks for your custom for the last 8 years" Yeah...thanks for nothing.

I know they are terrible x x

I dunno why everyone gets so upset when they dont get a deal.

You know the price of Sky, if you want it, you pay it. If not, you don't (having said that, i got a deal without even asking)

Its not like you phone the council and ask them to do you a deal on Council Tax becuase youve been paying it for the last 10 years. So what, pay up and shut up.

Original Poster

JayBird;4291959

I dunno why everyone gets so upset when they dont get a deal.You know the … I dunno why everyone gets so upset when they dont get a deal.You know the price of Sky, if you want it, you pay it. If not, you don't (having said that, i got a deal without even asking)Its not like you phone the council and ask them to do you a deal on Council Tax becuase youve been paying it for the last 10 years. So what, pay up and shut up.

I know thanks though x xx

JayBird;4291959

I dunno why everyone gets so upset when they dont get a deal.You know the … I dunno why everyone gets so upset when they dont get a deal.You know the price of Sky, if you want it, you pay it. If not, you don't (having said that, i got a deal without even asking)Its not like you phone the council and ask them to do you a deal on Council Tax becuase youve been paying it for the last 10 years. So what, pay up and shut up.

I wasn't complaining, was cancelling anyway but if they had made me an offer maybe sky+ then I may have been swayed to stay. Nevermind it's there loss not mine, £45 a month will come in handy.:thumbsup:

Retentions Team or cancellation team - whichever - if your DD is due on Saturday they will apply today and it will probably come out of you account on Monday, but they may have applied yesterday and it will come out tomorrow, need to check with them. When I had a problem with my box, they wanted to charge me £65 or thereabouts to send an engineer to fix it, I asked if there were any deals and they said no. So I rang to cancel and said I couldnt afford it - I spoke to a lovely girl who offered me 2 choices, fix my existing box for free or upgrade to sky+ for £49.99 all in no installation charge etc. So be persistant and see what they offer you

thedish;4291884

I phoned last week to do the same and the best offer was £79.99 for Sky+ … I phoned last week to do the same and the best offer was £79.99 for Sky+ installed.

They saw you coming...........especially as the Sky HD box is only £49. lol

i phoned sky and i got a free sky + box with free install but im a new customer does thanks make a difference :oops:

Original Poster

christinemerlot;4292039

Retentions Team or cancellation team - whichever - if your DD is due on … Retentions Team or cancellation team - whichever - if your DD is due on Saturday they will apply today and it will probably come out of you account on Monday, but they may have applied yesterday and it will come out tomorrow, need to check with them. When I had a problem with my box, they wanted to charge me £65 or thereabouts to send an engineer to fix it, I asked if there were any deals and they said no. So I rang to cancel and said I couldnt afford it - I spoke to a lovely girl who offered me 2 choices, fix my existing box for free or upgrade to sky+ for £49.99 all in no installation charge etc. So be persistant and see what they offer you

I'm going to ring now cheers x x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ViperKeith;4292128

i phoned sky and i got a free sky + box with free install but im a new … i phoned sky and i got a free sky + box with free install but im a new customer does thanks make a difference :oops:

yes cos im an existing customer you don't as good a deal x x :thumbsup:

Angelstar;4292145

I'm going to ring now cheers x x x :thumbsup:

Hope you have better luck than me.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

octobergirl;4291821

dont ring the 0870 no or 0845 here is the othersky no for you 01506 677000

just tried this number and it said "this service is no longer available"
    it's 01506 677007

Original Poster

Broxy;4292164

Hope you have better luck than me.:thumbsup:

me too i will let u know

Angelstar;4292173

just tried this number and it said "this service is no longer available"

Try this one 02079799540 worked last night.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Broxy;4292215

cheers :thumbsup:

octobergirl;4291821

dont ring the 0870 no or 0845 here is the othersky no for you 01506 677000

If you have a BT contract - 0870 and 0845 are free.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Broxy;4292215

on hold at the moment

moob;4292236

Sky are 0844 so no joy there.

im getting sky+ for £90 installed.

Original Poster

vengod;4292286

im getting sky+ for £90 installed.

just spoke to them £49 for a box and £30 install, just got to phone hubby to confirm x x x woohoo this is what I wanted in the first place and fingers crossed he will say yes now x x

Original Poster

moob;4292236

thanks x x :thumbsup:

Im getting it done by a local digi company...

Worth the extra £10 jsut becasue i dont need the 4 week wait.

Banned

We tried the whole threatening to cancel thing at the weekend, despite the fact we have TV, BB and phone with them they were quite happy to say goodbye to almost £750 per year without any attempt to talk us out of it. Glad to know the recession isn't hitting $ky yet.

Original Poster

JDE;4292647

We tried the whole threatening to cancel thing at the weekend, despite … We tried the whole threatening to cancel thing at the weekend, despite the fact we have TV, BB and phone with them they were quite happy to say goodbye to almost £750 per year without any attempt to talk us out of it. Glad to know the recession isn't hitting $ky yet.

sorry to hear that

Original Poster

vengod;4292419

Im getting it done by a local digi company...Worth the extra £10 jsut … Im getting it done by a local digi company...Worth the extra £10 jsut becasue i dont need the 4 week wait.

good idea:thumbsup:

sorry if pepl read this on diff post but newbie user ...

mum phoned wed lunchtime n complained/threatended lol the guy on the phone sayin we'd been with them 4 7 years and not recieved offers tht new customers get

getting sky plus installed for 15.00 on sunday free box and 25% off our package 4 the next 6 mnths so not bad for 5 mins work it jus depends on who u get:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …249822
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714125
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31409
      4. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE32

See more discussions