Hi is there anyone who has a alarm system from verisure

Posted 24th Jan 2020
they say it's biggest company in Europe.

I have been under alot of stress and tension as had numerous break-ins in last week.

So just got there system Installed. I asked numerous occasions about things but reading the contract and it's still not very clear what is correct.

basically this is what I believe I am signed up to. I paid £399, for alarm kit setup and connection fee.

plus 29.90 monthly and a extra £3 monthly fee for outside camera.

initially I was told by the sales rep it will be £399. fee everything included for setup. and £30. monthly and nothing else and I can cancel monthly subscription anytime with 1 months notice and have 90 days too cancel it all for a full refund they showed me a paper and I can't find that in my paperwork anymore. I am thinking maybe they took it with them or I lost it as my house is in a very big A very big mess, (building site)

so my main concern is this. I askd if any thing gets damaged by the thief's/vandals and they have already ripped out alot of copper and other things . there equipment looks abit too fragile and I asked the sales representative if someone comes and take it smashes it up as it's not hidden and very visible, the equipment who is responsible they said as long as I am on the monthly everything is covered so don't worry about anything. we will replace it for free I have also read this on one of there websites somewhere but can't find it again, looking at the contract it says I am responsible for the equipment and damage too it so I am confused does it mean ,if I decide too cancel the monthly contract then I need too pay for damages and maintenance of equipment but I can keep it and carry on using the app and it's features other than the call centre and security call outs etc after this,

plus I am reasured all call outs are free as they are already aware of the condition of my property and they are happy too keep on coming too move stuff around as I need plastering etc. but in contract it says abit different I think they will come out 2 times after that they charge a call out fee £70.

really appreciate it if anyone who has it and know more about my questions.

as if I will need too pay for anything getting damaged or need replacing I won't be able too afford this so no point keep it or if I stop the monthly subscription and can't use the app too take the photos or acticste alarms then it will be pointless using the system at £399. it would be very expensive.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

40 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Hi so what did you go with in the end? Just moved house and have been approached by verisure. So have been looking around to understand if they are okay
  2. Avatar
    The initial cost would have paid to have a security guard for a while living on site!

Can the site/house not be secured more safely so that vandals cannot get in. Every time something is taken they know you are going to have to go straight out and replace it again.
  3. Avatar
    Author
    victory705/02/2021 23:28

Hi. I paid £399 for verisure set up and it's £29.99 monthly for security, c …Hi. I paid £399 for verisure set up and it's £29.99 monthly for security, call out ect. They said I have a 14 day cooling off period. ( I've had it installed only 1 week) After doing more research, I'm now unsure as I can get cheaper, my question is would I be refunded the £399? In saying that, I was only after cctv in the first place. Which they don't do. I found that strange for a security company. The rep said they would be doing cctv in the next month. Hmmm :/

Hi I would cancel it unless you want the call out. I do think it's abit expensive aswell. I cancelled mine within the 14 day period and got a full refund. They might take a whipe too come and take the stuff away but it still carries on working. Then after that they will process it and give you a refund.

I went for a standalone Alarm with a sim card in the end as I don't have a internet connection. Doubt they will be doing the cameras next month told me the same thing they will he doing cameras in next few months and its been about a year know.

I would say its good if you require there service for the call out security guard but if you don't need it then the price seems expensive as it would be ok if after the 18 month contract the app worked and you could use the camera too take photos but it won't work so for that reason I cancelled mine the reps told me everything will carry on working you just don't get the security guard and free repairs when you cancel but I did my research and the app and camera wont work after the contract is cancelled.
    Hi,
    We installed it yesterday. But after reading their reviews totally not satisfied with the service and our cameras not working properly as our internet is slow. I have called by yesterday evening itself to cancel it. But literally worried whether I would lose all the money as we are in a very tight situation.We paid 556 for the installation and 35 pound monthly subscription. My partner took a wrong decision which we are concerned about it now. Do you think money will be refunded if we cancel within 14 days ?
    Please share any tips to work things on favour of us. Thanks in advance.
  4. Avatar
    Get it ripped out and have a search on here for a real installation company.
  5. Avatar
    I would really not recommend this company, apparently they don’t even fit outside bell boxes. So when alarm goes off your neighbours don’t hear it. All the alarm supplied ha is 4 AA batteries! Easy removed!

Seems very expensive, as an electrician I would recommend either preferably a wired alarm with proper bell boxes and PIRs with an auto dialer with SIM card to call police and you when alarm goes off. You can also get wireless in this option.

A lot lot cheaper when bought from local electrician or security firm or off EBay and do work yourself if you have at least basic know how.

Don’t be conned by Versure
  6. Avatar
    I do recommend them personally i was being stalked an terrorised in my home for 2yrs and i never felt so scared and vunerable even if they come took everything i wouldnt mind was worth it to feel safe in my home i couldnt even sleep for stalker banging on my front an back door an smashed few windows so yes i say for the price and for safety and beimg able to sleep peacefully worth every penny i suppose everyone different has different lives but i say YES TO VERISURE
  7. Avatar
    I'd bin it off and either get someone to house sit, or install your own security kit....note I didn't use the word alarm, as nobody takes any notice !
  8. Avatar
    yisroel.hanson22/12/2021 18:54

I work for verisure

Well can you get them to redo their annoying adverts….and employ proper actors this time.
  9. Avatar
    Just call in an electrician and have a wired alarm with a GSM dialer installed.
    I go to a lot of houses and most use to adt alarms. No longer in use and I asked them why and was told that the get charged £85 for call outs if there is a issue and service charges. It was to expensive for the up keep.
    You should look at a pyronix enforcer. Easy to set up and very good reviews. GSM dialer etc.
  10. Avatar
    Pretty sure the monthly subscription is to cover the monitoring side of things not your equipment.

If your not happy you will have a cooling off period.

£30 a month is a hell of a lot! You better of getting a proper wired alarm with either a GSM dialer and or smart functionality so an app that gives you notifications. The GSM part will act as a fail over should your broadband go down.

I would suggest finding a Texecom installer.
  11. Avatar
    MynameisM25/01/2020 10:10

Ok thanks for that. Ues that's the reason I am asking for anyone who has a …Ok thanks for that. Ues that's the reason I am asking for anyone who has a system with them. £30 or the (£32.90) which I am subscribed too is alot but at moment I feel it is a fair price as I can cancel with 90 days if the rest of my understanding is correct. If rest of the system will carry on working apart from me using the call centre and me having too repair or replace any equipment after I cancel this subscription. But if after cancelling the monthly subscription I am just left with a system that only triggers the system from the our sensors without a me being able too check or get a notification the. Will be pointless.Just hoping anyone who has a system sees my posts or a worker and confirms this I will try ask them again but. They really don't understand or explain over the phone just keep telling me contact your rep but he hasn't sent me a written confirmation so it's bit pointless.

I know someone who has the alarm 2 internals camera and smoke cloak which they can trigger. I don't know the ins and outs but pretty sure if you cancel subscription you no longer able to log into the app so camera will be useless.

You won't get any notifications. For £500 you could get a whole smart alarm system that will last.

I would suggest Texecom Premier Elite with the sensors you need, smartcom which can be connected via WiFi or ethernet and as a backup a GSM communicator which works with a sim.
  12. Avatar
    Author
    bally1234525/01/2020 10:20

I know someone who has the alarm 2 internals camera and smoke cloak which …I know someone who has the alarm 2 internals camera and smoke cloak which they can trigger. I don't know the ins and outs but pretty sure if you cancel subscription you no longer able to log into the app so camera will be useless.You won't get any notifications. For £500 you could get a whole smart alarm system that will last.I would suggest Texecom Premier Elite with the sensors you need, smartcom which can be connected via WiFi or ethernet and as a backup a GSM communicator which works with a sim.

Ok thanks.

Yes they have put that smoke detector in and a outside parameter camera/detector.

The smoke cloud thing is activated by the call centre if they see a actual robber or you tell them too activate it. In my case I would rather the person was caught or just doesn't come again.

If that's the case I better start looking at another system and cancel within 14 days as I can't see anything about 90 days cancelling in contract and don't have that paper.

So basically the system is not more or less useless without the subscription.Shame as I did like it it's not too bad. I would say similar thing could be had for around £150-200.

But if I can't put a different SIM in it afterwards and add more components then it's bit too expensive and pointless.
  13. Avatar
    With Verisure it’s usually a 36 month contract and that £23 monthly fee will be for 6 months only. After that it goes up to £50 a month! How do I know? cos I’ve got one of their alarms installed!
  14. Avatar
    Author
    Griffinpark198225/01/2020 10:28

With Verisure it’s usually a 36 month contract and that £23 monthly fee wi …With Verisure it’s usually a 36 month contract and that £23 monthly fee will be for 6 months only. After that it goes up to £50 a month! How do I know? cos I’ve got one of their alarms installed!

Great I found someone else whose got it. Have you had it for a long time. The contract I have signed upto doesn't mention 36 months.

This maybe different . Did you pay a upfront cost for installation and equipment.

My contract is as I understand it £399. Setup and installation of equipment . (I believe this is for the equipment.) Then it's £29.90 monthly subscription and a extra £3. Add on fee for outside detector.

Then I think I just need give 90 days notice too cancel. That's all for the subscription side but not sure what stays active after the cancellation.
  15. Avatar
    Author
    Griffinpark198225/01/2020 10:28

With Verisure it’s usually a 36 month contract and that £23 monthly fee wi …With Verisure it’s usually a 36 month contract and that £23 monthly fee will be for 6 months only. After that it goes up to £50 a month! How do I know? cos I’ve got one of their alarms installed!

How long have you had the system.I find there some issues or is that normal, I activated the alarm from the app and was walking inside but the sensors won't activate the alarm . Is that supposed too happen it's pointless if it only works if someone comes in from the doors/windows with the sensors on them only. As someone may get in from a area without sensors.
  16. Avatar
    MynameisM25/01/2020 10:33

Great I found someone else whose got it. Have you had it for a long time. …Great I found someone else whose got it. Have you had it for a long time. The contract I have signed upto doesn't mention 36 months.This maybe different . Did you pay a upfront cost for installation and equipment.My contract is as I understand it £399. Setup and installation of equipment . (I believe this is for the equipment.) Then it's £29.90 monthly subscription and a extra £3. Add on fee for outside detector.Then I think I just need give 90 days notice too cancel. That's all for the subscription side but not sure what stays active after the cancellation.

For the 1st 6 months they charged me £23 a month, then it went up to £48 a month(now it’s £51 per month). Also a one off fee of £350 which was for all the equipment and installation. I knew this before I signed up though, as they explained everything on the day of installation. I’ve had the system for 3 years now, it’s been great very happy with it. Although I will be cancelling after 2 months(when my contract expires) cos of the monthly fee!
  17. Avatar
    Author
    Griffinpark198225/01/2020 10:39

For the 1st 6 months they charged me £23 a month, then it went up to £48 a …For the 1st 6 months they charged me £23 a month, then it went up to £48 a month(now it’s £51 per month). Also a one off fee of £350 which was for all the equipment and installation. I knew this before I signed up though, as they explained everything on the day of installation. I’ve had the system for 3 years now, it’s been great very happy with it. Although I will be cancelling after 2 months(when my contract expires) cos of the monthly fee!

When you cancel what services will carry on working. Will you still be able too use your phone too arm disarm it. Check on the state of alarm etc. Or will it just work with the key fobs. Thanks and sorry for soany questions.
  18. Avatar
    Author
    JimboParrot25/01/2020 10:27

The initial cost would have paid to have a security guard for a while …The initial cost would have paid to have a security guard for a while living on site!Can the site/house not be secured more safely so that vandals cannot get in. Every time something is taken they know you are going to have to go straight out and replace it again.

Hi yes I have had more time know since the alarm and managed too board up all the downstairs windows and back doors. But if it's not monitored then it would only take a few minutes too take them off with correct equipment etc.
  19. Avatar
    I have the system with them as well and it IS expensive, but, I like the fact its linked to the Call Centre. They are VERY heavy handed in sales but its my understanding that damaged equipment due to a break in is replaced and thats part of what the monitoring fee is for.

I was told that when security guard (or whatever they call them now!) gets here due to an alarm trigger they replace and reset everything back to 'as new'.
  20. Avatar
    Author
    bally1234525/01/2020 10:20

I know someone who has the alarm 2 internals camera and smoke cloak which …I know someone who has the alarm 2 internals camera and smoke cloak which they can trigger. I don't know the ins and outs but pretty sure if you cancel subscription you no longer able to log into the app so camera will be useless.You won't get any notifications. For £500 you could get a whole smart alarm system that will last.I would suggest Texecom Premier Elite with the sensors you need, smartcom which can be connected via WiFi or ethernet and as a backup a GSM communicator which works with a sim.

Hi can you send me any links if you don't mind thanks. I have spoken with the customer support and yes you are correct it is a bit naff without the subscription you can't get access too the cameras or get alerts in your phone either.
  21. Avatar
    Do not get this system! They take money and increase the premium and then after 12 months if you want to cancel your told you’ll pay a cancellation fee of £350 because it’s a 36 month contract! Which your not told initially! Stay clear better to get wired alarm to phone! Wasted my money and in addition false triggers!
  22. Avatar
    Hi. I paid £399 for verisure set up and it's £29.99 monthly for security, call out ect. They said I have a 14 day cooling off period. ( I've had it installed only 1 week)
    After doing more research, I'm now unsure as I can get cheaper, my question is would I be refunded the £399? In saying that, I was only after cctv in the first place. Which they don't do. I found that strange for a security company. The rep said they would be doing cctv in the next month. Hmmm :/
  23. Avatar
    Author
    victory708/02/2021 23:27

Thanks for your advice, would it be worth it with the free video doorbell …Thanks for your advice, would it be worth it with the free video doorbell worth £175?

Which company do you mean Verisure, it's upto you I didn't personally like the too many false alarms especially in the middle of night. Remember after the intial £400 and monthly charge of 30, and 12 months contract when you cancel it the online app won't work so I assume the the door bell camera wont work is this something new they have added recently.
  24. Avatar
    Avoid this company! I got my alarm system from them in 2017 thought it was a brilliant idea. However now(today cancelled my contract after paying £50 a month for the last 2 and a half years.) They have told me I do not own the equipment if I cancel they will be round to take it all out. So now it is a complete waste of money as I was not told about this when I signed up. As I paid for the cameras etc I thought they would just stay there it’s the call centre I lose. How ever I am wrong they will be taking it all out. If someone told me to avoid them in 2017 I would have. Please don’t make the same mistake I did. Get a ring door bell and cameras works out cheaper and the monthly fee is cheaper and you won’t have someone come round to rip it out three years later. Hope this helps
  25. Avatar
    Alex_Pearce15/02/2021 17:30

Avoid this company! I got my alarm system from them in 2017 thought it was …Avoid this company! I got my alarm system from them in 2017 thought it was a brilliant idea. However now(today cancelled my contract after paying £50 a month for the last 2 and a half years.) They have told me I do not own the equipment if I cancel they will be round to take it all out. So now it is a complete waste of money as I was not told about this when I signed up. As I paid for the cameras etc I thought they would just stay there it’s the call centre I lose. How ever I am wrong they will be taking it all out. If someone told me to avoid them in 2017 I would have. Please don’t make the same mistake I did. Get a ring door bell and cameras works out cheaper and the monthly fee is cheaper and you won’t have someone come round to rip it out three years later. Hope this helps

I want to cancel my contract, as the three years is nearly up, but they keep saying someone will ring me in 14 days and won't confirm that they will cancel it. Did they say this to you when you tried to cancel? I want to put it in writing too so they don't turn round and say I didn't ask to cancel.
  26. Avatar
    Author
    JayaPinduria23/02/2021 16:39

I want to cancel my contract, as the three years is nearly up, but they …I want to cancel my contract, as the three years is nearly up, but they keep saying someone will ring me in 14 days and won't confirm that they will cancel it. Did they say this to you when you tried to cancel? I want to put it in writing too so they don't turn round and say I didn't ask to cancel.

Just ring and say you want speak too cancellation team then give your notice. Download a phone recording app and record the call if they deny it later you can send them a copy. I think it will be ok just give notice straight away no need wait for them call you back.
  27. Avatar
    JayaPinduria23/02/2021 16:39

I want to cancel my contract, as the three years is nearly up, but they …I want to cancel my contract, as the three years is nearly up, but they keep saying someone will ring me in 14 days and won't confirm that they will cancel it. Did they say this to you when you tried to cancel? I want to put it in writing too so they don't turn round and say I didn't ask to cancel.

If you get the run around leave a negative review on TrustPilot (naming the person you last spoke to!) and they'll be all over you like a rash to sort it and take the review down
  28. Avatar
    i would just like to let people know that verisure are lying and misleading people i was told that after i have purchased my alarms system i have to have the monitoring for three months at £33 a month then i can cancel giving three months notice after that time the system is mine to do what i want with, however this is not true when you try to cancel your told they will come and take all the system back so you NEVER actually own anything total cost £440 for nothing i think everybody should know this and that the engineers that fit the system mislead and lie. and the so called free door bell is taken back also so its NOT free.
    many thanks
  29. Avatar
    Thanks to all for this thread!! I had a quote from Verisure today, after 50mins I had to tell the lady for the third time to leave my home as I wasn't going to commit today. She wouldn't have it, so pushy but thankfully I am not a pushover. Can only imagine how they rip some people off with their highly pressurised selling tactics and sell everything all have mentioned as above even if not needed.. so awful. I wanted a basic system that does the job of alerting homeowners and neighbours... she was selling bells, whistles and all sorts and told me their cameras capture pictures, deters with the fog and stop thieves, I did ask which thieves they'd surveyed who left politely with tail between legs when the zerovision fog kicked in!! Any recent wired recommendations would be hugely appreciated... based on your feedback, I'll avoid entering a costly contract with VS.
  30. Avatar
    yisroel.hanson22/12/2021 18:54

I work for verisure

And can you get them to make it so that the app looks and works properly please rather than a copy and paste job from the Spanish one including pages untranslated?
  31. Avatar
    How do you think they pay for their fancy TV adverts and fleet of swarmy salesmen....

Might get them round mine, could do with a laugh. (edited)
  32. Avatar
    I work for verisure
  33. Avatar
    If you want CCTV that runs off a sim card. Search on eBay for GSM CCTV.
  34. Avatar
    kash201325/01/2020 01:01

Just call in an electrician and have a wired alarm with a GSM dialer …Just call in an electrician and have a wired alarm with a GSM dialer installed. I go to a lot of houses and most use to adt alarms. No longer in use and I asked them why and was told that the get charged £85 for call outs if there is a issue and service charges. It was to expensive for the up keep. You should look at a pyronix enforcer. Easy to set up and very good reviews. GSM dialer etc.

kash201325/01/2020 01:04

If you want CCTV that runs off a sim card. Search on eBay for GSM CCTV.

OP has already considered GSM options via recent thread and decided against.
  35. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd25/01/2020 01:29

OP has already considered GSM options via recent thread and decided …OP has already considered GSM options via recent thread and decided against.

Hi it's not that I am against it. I really needed a quick solution and this was fastest option but. I am thinking maybe it is mistake.
  36. Avatar
    Author
    bally1234525/01/2020 10:02

Pretty sure the monthly subscription is to cover the monitoring side of …Pretty sure the monthly subscription is to cover the monitoring side of things not your equipment.If your not happy you will have a cooling off period.£30 a month is a hell of a lot! You better of getting a proper wired alarm with either a GSM dialer and or smart functionality so an app that gives you notifications. The GSM part will act as a fail over should your broadband go down.I would suggest finding a Texecom installer.

Ok thanks for that. Ues that's the reason I am asking for anyone who has a system with them. £30 or the (£32.90) which I am subscribed too is alot but at moment I feel it is a fair price as I can cancel with 90 days if the rest of my understanding is correct. If rest of the system will carry on working apart from me using the call centre and me having too repair or replace any equipment after I cancel this subscription. But if after cancelling the monthly subscription I am just left with a system that only triggers the system from the our sensors without a me being able too check or get a notification the. Will be pointless.

Just hoping anyone who has a system sees my posts or a worker and confirms this I will try ask them again but. They really don't understand or explain over the phone just keep telling me contact your rep but he hasn't sent me a written confirmation so it's bit pointless.
  37. Avatar
    Thanks for your advice, would it be worth it with the free video doorbell worth £175?
  38. Avatar
    victory708/02/2021 23:27

Thanks for your advice, would it be worth it with the free video doorbell …Thanks for your advice, would it be worth it with the free video doorbell worth £175?

Yes it is
  39. Avatar
    Hi,
    We installed it yesterday. But after reading their reviews totally not satisfied with the service and our cameras not working properly as our internet is slow. I have called by yesterday evening itself to cancel it. But literally worried whether I would lose all the money as we are in a very tight situation.We paid 556 for the installation and 35 pound monthly subscription. My partner took a wrong decision which we are concerned about it now. Do you think money will be refunded if we cancel within 14 days ?
    Please share any tips to work things on favour of us. Thanks in advance.
Top Merchants