Hi my daughter wants too read

Posted 13th Feb
the book Lion and the Unicorn too help with her school work it's the one by Shirley Hughes, anyone has it or knows from somewhere I can download it for free can't find it on a couple of book reading apps don't want too keep downloading the reader just too try and find that book or is there anyother way too find it.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Take your daughter to the library it'll open a new world to her. My mum used to take me every week when I was a kid and I loved it.
It costs around £5-£6 and it’s a book, I’d prefer my child to be asking for a book to read rather than another useless toy which will entertain them for a short while until they get bored and move onto the next thing that’s in fashion. I’d happily pay for a book for my child.

A book will teach a child so much more..
Edited by: "Hennah" 13th Feb
17 Comments
Amazon sell it, WHSmith sell it too.

That took me about 5 seconds to search on Google. I’m sure plenty more online retailers will sell it too..
Hennah13/02/2020 21:53

Amazon sell it, WHSmith sell it too.That took me about 5 seconds to search …Amazon sell it, WHSmith sell it too.That took me about 5 seconds to search on Google. I’m sure plenty more online retailers will sell it too..

Yes I was trying get it as a free online book if it's possible.
Local library? That's if a lack of government funding hasn't already closed it.
britlad13/02/2020 21:56

Local library? That's if a lack of government funding hasn't already …Local library? That's if a lack of government funding hasn't already closed it.

Thanks I will try tomorrow if can't find one online.
Go to your local library and ask them to reserve your a copy of it if you don't want to pay for it. Or go on eBay, search for it, and hit Buy It Now and list by Lowest Price to see if you can find a cheap used copy.
It costs around £5-£6 and it’s a book, I’d prefer my child to be asking for a book to read rather than another useless toy which will entertain them for a short while until they get bored and move onto the next thing that’s in fashion. I’d happily pay for a book for my child.

A book will teach a child so much more..
Edited by: "Hennah" 13th Feb
Take your daughter to the library it'll open a new world to her. My mum used to take me every week when I was a kid and I loved it.
doesn't look like this particular book is free online. cheapest on ebay is available with musicmagpie for £2.99 including delivery

ebay.co.uk/p/8…979

i know we are in the world of ebooks and i myself would never ever pick up a book and read now even though i used to love books when i was a kid. but i would think that a child would find it more entertaining to read a paperback book, especially this one as it has pictures. i don't think an ebook would be as entertaining to the kid.
archive.org/det…ugh
Borrowing available, looks like it can also be borrowed by Overdrive
Using a variety of tools, it might be possible to break the DRM
Edited by: "matth9999" 14th Feb
If you don't care about the law and morals I'm pretty sure you can find it on a popular torrent site.
Satan_Claws14/02/2020 08:09

If you don't care about the law and morals I'm pretty sure you can find it …If you don't care about the law and morals I'm pretty sure you can find it on a popular torrent site.

And something new for a child to learn.
An author deserves to be paid for their work, please don't look for questionable free downloads that may not be legal.
If you don't want to or can't afford to buy the book I'm sure the library can help. As a child going to the library on a Saturday was one of my favourite things and I would regularly take home 10 books to read that month.
Edited by: "jon81uk" 14th Feb
It has already been said here but libraries are fantastic. Even if you cannot find this book it really is such an exciting place for children starting to read.

Hope you manage to find what you're after.
Ring your local library, they sometimes have recent books to hire
I guess it depends on the cost to get to the library. £2.99 delivered may be just as cost effective
Try ebay or your local or her school library. Especially the local library will be happy to order it for her
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants