Expired

*Hi-Res* (WUXGA) Laptop deals?

Found 28th Mar 2010
I'm after a new laptop to replace my current dying one.

The only really important spec requirement is tha ti t can run a very high resolution, ideally I want WUXGA (1920x1200).

Has anyone seen a deal for one?

tia,
dan

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
4 Comments

The Dell Latitude E6500 does 1980x1200 Res fella!

euro.dell.com/uk/…bsd

:thumbsup:

Dell offer it as an option on their 17" Vostro series, and possibly other laptops too. It does command a fair premium, mind you.

Me, being a nerd, I just upgraded my Vostro to a WUXGA screen. Surprisingly cheap upgrade, only cost something like £95 to buy the panel, and fitting it took about an hour. I definitely recommend the res, it makes everything look gorgeously high-res.

Original Poster

richx45;8231874

The Dell Latitude E6500 does 1980x1200 Res … The Dell Latitude E6500 does 1980x1200 Res fella!http://www.euro.dell.com/uk/en/business/Laptops/laptop_latitude_e6500/pd.aspx?refid=laptop_latitude_e6500&cs=ukbsdt1&s=bsd:thumbsup:

thanks! will have a look

i did notice the other day that the Vostro 17 can be specced to a WUXVGA for about 600 too...

Original Poster

dxx;8232320

Dell offer it as an option on their 17" Vostro series, and possibly other … Dell offer it as an option on their 17" Vostro series, and possibly other laptops too. It does command a fair premium, mind you. Me, being a nerd, I just upgraded my Vostro to a WUXGA screen. Surprisingly cheap upgrade, only cost something like £95 to buy the panel, and fitting it took about an hour. I definitely recommend the res, it makes everything look gorgeously high-res.

love the idea of replacing the panel myself!!! did you manage to sell the old one or was it dead anyway?
Post a comment
@
    Text