Hifi Speaker cable choice?

Found 21st Aug 2017
Hello everyone im buying a set of floorstanding speakers on ebay "Q acoustics 3050" and dunno what speaker cable to get. Can anyone give me a few ebay links for choices. Im putting my amp and speakers right next to TV so dont need cables to be long

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Just buy 100% copper ofc as a standard twin/shotgun, 6mm should be fine. You don't need banana plugs as they're only good to make disconnecting easier.

Don't buy expensive cable or silver stuff as you don't need it. Remember that silver has a slightly lower resistance than copper but when it oxidises its resistance increases. Hope this helps.

Also don't buy studio cables as these are rated for being more robust and less effected by damp, so unless you're ripping your cables out everyday or live in a swamp it isn't an issue.
QED micro will do the job just fine - £2.50/metre (@Richer sounds) Or if you want a better cable then you can't go past the silver anniversary cable (richersounds.com/qed…tml).
How much cable do you need? I like banana plugs. Especially with thinner cable. Makes sure the connection stays tight as well as being easier to connect/disconnect. But it's completely optional.
Original Poster
kester769 h, 24 m ago

Just buy 100% copper ofc as a standard twin/shotgun, 6mm should be fine. …Just buy 100% copper ofc as a standard twin/shotgun, 6mm should be fine. You don't need banana plugs as they're only good to make disconnecting easier.Don't buy expensive cable or silver stuff as you don't need it. Remember that silver has a slightly lower resistance than copper but when it oxidises its resistance increases. Hope this helps.Also don't buy studio cables as these are rated for being more robust and less effected by damp, so unless you're ripping your cables out everyday or live in a swamp it isn't an issue.

Any links for some ebay items? Cheap and short.. however 1m minimum as i only intend to put the speakers next to tv which will be next to amp
Original Poster
rev64 h, 55 m ago

How much cable do you need? I like banana plugs. Especially with thinner …How much cable do you need? I like banana plugs. Especially with thinner cable. Makes sure the connection stays tight as well as being easier to connect/disconnect. But it's completely optional.

1m or a bit longer will do nicely.. only putting it next to amp. any ebay links? Cheap but no compromise on quality.. too many on ebay too choose from when im a noob..
Original Poster
Bigfootpete8 h, 55 m ago

QED micro will do the job just fine - £2.50/metre (@Richer sounds) Or if …QED micro will do the job just fine - £2.50/metre (@Richer sounds) Or if you want a better cable then you can't go past the silver anniversary cable (https://www.richersounds.com/qed-silver-anniversary-xt-cable.html).

Many thanks!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants