high court jury duty

Banned
what is acceptable dress code for this?

45 Comments

Do they not tell you?

just smart, i don't think there is a dress code.

Banned

Smart casual I would think looks good. (They dont stipulate)
Just been a witness for a drunken stabbing its daunting to say the least. Going to Crown Court that is. They pay your fees quick got mine in bank 6 working days.

Supermod

Smart suit. Nothing flashy. Traditional black and plain with a one coloured tie. Not pinstriped. Shoes polished.

thesaint;5953127

Do they not tell you?

if they did why would he be asking here?

OP to help you,shirt trousers,nothing too casual or formal is needed,just make sure its comfortable as you will be sitting around for ages

Suit and shirt or trousers and shirt, no need for tie if you're male, just smart if you are female.

magicjay1986;5953145

Smart suit. Nothing flashy. Traditional black and plain with a one … Smart suit. Nothing flashy. Traditional black and plain with a one coloured tie. Not pinstriped. Shoes polished.

and for a woman ? :?

Banned

boothy;5953155

if they did why would he be asking here?OP to help you,shirt … if they did why would he be asking here?OP to help you,shirt trousers,nothing too casual or formal is needed,just make sure its comfortable as you will be sitting around for ages

Well put :thumbsup::thumbsup::santa:

It is important that you wear something comfortable as you will be sat down for a long time, While there is no strict dress code you are asked to dress in smart casual clothing.

taken from here hmcourts-service.gov.uk/doc…pdf

Banned

choc1969;5953162

bikini :whistling:

dj_urban;5953171

bikini :whistling:

thong, shorts, mini, midi :? ?

Supermod

choc1969;5953162

Black trousers and jacket with a white or cream blouse. I always think when I am in court that a lady with flat shoes means business and looks more professional.

Lenny Henry type blue suit would suffice.

Banned

choc1969;5953182

thong, shorts, mini, midi :? ?

mankini :w00t:

magicjay1986;5953188

Black trousers and jacket with a white or cream blouse. I always think … Black trousers and jacket with a white or cream blouse. I always think when I am in court that a lady with flat shoes means business and looks more professional.

Thats what I wear to work most days.....:-D

Remember it's people from all walks of life and all ages that are selected, when i did it it was a real mish mash of jurors. I wouldn't go as far as a full suit, just a shirt and trousers or whatever you feel smart in.

dj_urban;5953193

mankini :w00t:

I better get my stepper out :oops:

shirt and trousers. They don't tell you but make sure you are comfortable. I had high court dury duty lasting six days. Had to stay in a hotel over the weekend with a court guard making sure we didn't speak to anyone as we were 'out to jury' at the time. Not fun.

boothy;5953155

if they did why would he be asking here?

I don't know if the OP is going to court, he/she doesn't say.

Why so serious?

choc1969;5953197

yup me too

Supermod

choc1969;5953197

...I wouldnt recognise you, I have only ever seen you naked.

thesaint;5953217

I don't know if the OP is going to court, he/she doesn't say.Why so … I don't know if the OP is going to court, he/she doesn't say.Why so serious?

they are doing jury service...quite obvious from the title

magicjay1986;5953224

...I wouldnt recognise you, I have only ever seen you naked.

sssshhhhh :oops:

thats between me and you

bazzaric;5953208

shirt and trousers. They don't tell you but make sure you are … shirt and trousers. They don't tell you but make sure you are comfortable. I had high court dury duty lasting six days. Had to stay in a hotel over the weekend with a court guard making sure we didn't speak to anyone as we were 'out to jury' at the time. Not fun.

I think I'd enjoy that :?

Banned

choc1969;5953205

I better get my stepper out :oops:

:lol:

http://www.pimpcostumes.com/images/products/PimptacularPurpleMd.jpg

Supermod

The JFK;5953284

...if you are wearing a suit of that colour you really ought to be smashing a pair of gold loafers.

queenlush;5953232

they are doing jury service...quite obvious from the title

Why so serious?

Original Poster Banned

its citation im praying im not picked but...with my luck...i will be

i wanted to wear jeans and a shirt with a rocawear jumper on top :P

ive heard the case starts right after picking?!

hncb0809;5953374

its citation im praying im not picked but...with my luck...i will bei … its citation im praying im not picked but...with my luck...i will bei wanted to wear jeans and a shirt with a rocawear jumper on top :Pive heard the case starts right after picking?!

could be a bit too casual tbh,

the cases normally start straight after

Original Poster Banned

boothy;5953402

could be a bit too casual tbh,the cases normally start straight after

black shirt n trousers?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im dreading this already. read that link :w00t:

cross dress, that'll get the defendant sweating

thesaint;5953299

Why so serious?

cos that is the mood i am in alright :-D

hncb0809;5953374

its citation im praying im not picked but...with my luck...i will bei … its citation im praying im not picked but...with my luck...i will bei wanted to wear jeans and a shirt with a rocawear jumper on top :Pive heard the case starts right after picking?!

that would be ok ...you are sat down for most of the time anyways

Original Poster Banned

queenlush;5954160

that would be ok ...you are sat down for most of the time anyways

aee if im picked and say its a 3 week case.....they let you home surely for clothes?

I've done Jury Duty recently, smart casual is the official recommendation, prepare to take a book as alot of waiting around in the Jury Lounge/deliberation rooms, yours might allow laptops with power plugs available, you might want to buy a 3g data dongle.

Be prepared to have anything electronic confiscated from you during deliberation.

Depending on how fussy you are with food you might want to take your own lunch too.

hncb0809;5954222

aee if im picked and say its a 3 week case.....they let you home surely … aee if im picked and say its a 3 week case.....they let you home surely for clothes?

My thoughts were it depends if they want to sequester you or not, if they do then isolation is required, otherwise by close of court hour no acceptable majority has been come to it's a hung jury, which can be a good thing depending on the case.

From my experience the CPS was woeful to the point of incompetence in their cases and only bring forth charges to make statistics look good but with crap conviction rates I don't understand why the Judges don't dismiss most charges considering the awful evidence in most cases.

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/9/980/32955_384x288_generated__hC-2vykNSkCP5jJ4g3YgJA.jpg

Can't help but think of the quote "I’m only doing what I think is right. I believe Freddy Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel."

That episode was class lol :-D

I gave evidence last week in crown court and have to say i was shocked by how casual the jury were dressed.

Answer = No set dress code.

JasonMason;5954949

I gave evidence last week in crown court and have to say i was shocked by … I gave evidence last week in crown court and have to say i was shocked by how casual the jury were dressed.Answer = No set dress code.

Bear in mind, the Jury are on minimum wage, have a canteen which is minging, are told smart casual, have to wait around alot in a minging Jury Lounge that they cannot leave as they will be on standby for a trial which needs a Jury, pretty much like a school assembly+register and are treated like children. For a two week period which is extremely unproductive, where they may sit on one trial or 10, asking them to be formally dressed for the entire period isn't quite viable.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1956
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846131
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114

See more discussions