Groups

High fines: UK pro-cannabis party must pay £23k over late accounts

In news that will do little to dispel popular stereotypes about the productivity of fans of certain drugs, the Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol political party has been fined for repeatedly filing its accounts late.

The party must pay a total of £23,000 for what the Electoral Commission said were “numerous failures” to comply with rules on reporting political finances.

theguardian.com/pol…nts

15 Comments

chillax, maybe they were looking for a snack and exploring other more conscious things.

That's why you don't do drugs!

Governments hate happy drugs because who wants to go to work pay taxes and kill people in wars when you can get it on big time have an orgy, Laugh dance and then eat lots of snacks and then sleep for a day or three X)

Too doped up to realise they were due?

Hey maaan what's the rush dude, I'll do it when I've had me doogie and killed a few more brain cells.

Original Poster

drtongue

Hey maaan what's the rush dude, I'll do it when I've had me doogie and … Hey maaan what's the rush dude, I'll do it when I've had me doogie and killed a few more brain cells.

doobie!

Ban em for promoting drug use anyway

Original Poster

drtongue

Hey maaan what's the rush dude, I'll do it when I've had me doogie and … Hey maaan what's the rush dude, I'll do it when I've had me doogie and killed a few more brain cells.

I don't think cannabis kills brain cells, unlike alcohol, hence the name of their party I guess

Rom

I don't think cannabis kills brain cells, unlike alcohol, hence the name … I don't think cannabis kills brain cells, unlike alcohol, hence the name of their party I guess

​cannabis which is as strong as that being sold today can cause psychotic episodes. It is not safe.

rcpsych.ac.uk/hea…ile

Mental health problems

There is growing evidence that people with serious mental illness, including depression and psychosis, are more likely to use cannabis or have used it for long periods of time in the past.  Regular use of the drug has appeared to double the risk of developing a psychotic episode or long-term schizophrenia. However, does cannabis cause depression and schizophrenia or do people with these disorders use it as a medication?

Over the past few years, research has strongly suggested that there is a clear link between early cannabis use and later mental health problems in those with a genetic vulnerability - and that there is a particular issue with the use of cannabis by adolescents.

Original Poster

davewave

​cannabis which is as strong as that being sold today can cause psychotic … ​cannabis which is as strong as that being sold today can cause psychotic episodes. It is not safe.http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx?theme=mobileMental health problemsThere is growing evidence that people with serious mental illness, including depression and psychosis, are more likely to use cannabis or have used it for long periods of time in the past.  Regular use of the drug has appeared to double the risk of developing a psychotic episode or long-term schizophrenia. However, does cannabis cause depression and schizophrenia or do people with these disorders use it as a medication?Over the past few years, research has strongly suggested that there is a clear link between early cannabis use and later mental health problems in those with a genetic vulnerability - and that there is a particular issue with the use of cannabis by adolescents.

Bit of a non sequitur but cheers

Rom

Bit of a non sequitur but cheers

yes and no

davewave

yes and no

you have to ask why is cannabis sold today that strength and the answer lies in all probability in the fact it is illegal, is so much easier to transport 10000 highs in a cig packet than in a suitcase....

Rom

I don't think cannabis kills brain cells, unlike alcohol, hence the name … I don't think cannabis kills brain cells, unlike alcohol, hence the name of their party I guess

​you can never argue with a druggie as they are always correct, hence the brain cells.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions