High quality 3m USB -> micro USB leads

Posted 23rd Jun
hi,
can anyone tell me where to buy as per subject.
All the ones I buy always break at the micro USB plug, not the cable, but the plug.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
What's ot for? If you're just using it for power, magnetic connector cablels will largely mitigate your problem.
Pájaro23/06/2020 12:38

What's ot for? If you're just using it for power, magnetic connector …What's ot for? If you're just using it for power, magnetic connector cablels will largely mitigate your problem.

And where will I get 3m long magnetic cables?
Pájaro23/06/2020 13:07

Ebay / Amazon

Or Ali Express if your not in a hurry. Can buy the Magnetic cables and adapters separately so you have an adaptor in each device
The 3m is out of stock at the moment but I've had one of these for years and it's been abused a fair bit and is all twisted but still works fine. They do braided. magnetic (a gimmick imo) and other things if you want that, I've got loads of Choetech stuff, it's good.

aliexpress.com/ite…tml
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 23rd Jun
I purchased a pair of these 2 metre long ones in July of last year for £4. Now £5.

Generally they have been very good. The little hooks on the micro USB end eventually pressed flat so that they easily fall out of my smartphone. First one lasted 6 months. Second one went bad about a week or two ago. I am keeping my eye out for another £1 off deal on them

The 2 metre length is good as I look at my smartphone in bed whilst charging it sometimes. Bzzzzt!!!

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Amazon deal on a pack of 4 at different sizes from 1 metre to 3 metres. £6.

amazon.co.uk/AVI…ZS3
tawse5723/06/2020 14:44

I purchased a pair of these 2 metre long ones in July of last year for £4. …I purchased a pair of these 2 metre long ones in July of last year for £4. Now £5.Generally they have been very good. The little hooks on the micro USB end eventually pressed flat so that they easily fall out of my smartphone. First one lasted 6 months. Second one went bad about a week or two ago. I am keeping my eye out for another £1 off deal on them The 2 metre length is good as I look at my smartphone in bed whilst charging it sometimes. Bzzzzt!!!https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CBT33N5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these: amazon.co.uk/gp/…Z2/ I think they are the same.

I would not recommend as the snag-clips have become so loose that they fall out of every device.

I have tried this multiple times to no avail:
youtube.com/wat…A4A
MadeDixonsCry23/06/2020 16:24

I bought these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D34CXZ2/ I think …I bought these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D34CXZ2/ I think they are the same.I would not recommend as the snag-clips have become so loose that they fall out of every device.I have tried this multiple times to no avail:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsaid_gA4A

Yep, same ones.

I don't think any USB is going to last long - the design is one where they fail quickly so that firms can make money flogging them.

Paying £4 for 2 3 foot long ones from Amazon that have basically lasted 11 months is good IMPO. Prior to that I was buying 1 foot long ones for £1 a time in the Pound stores and they would break within a month or two.

Interestingly, I fell asleep last night watching a YT video on my smartphone. It was powered up by one of the cables. I awoke this morning to find that I had slept on my floor. The micro end of the cable had bent itself about 45 degrees exposing the teeth fully. At the time of writing the teeth are now holding the cable back into the smartphone.
tawse5723/06/2020 16:35

Yep, same ones.I don't think any USB is going to last long - the design is …Yep, same ones.I don't think any USB is going to last long - the design is one where they fail quickly so that firms can make money flogging them. Paying £4 for 2 3 foot long ones from Amazon that have basically lasted 11 months is good IMPO. Prior to that I was buying 1 foot long ones for £1 a time in the Pound stores and they would break within a month or two. Interestingly, I fell asleep last night watching a YT video on my smartphone. It was powered up by one of the cables. I awoke this morning to find that I had slept on my floor. The micro end of the cable had bent itself about 45 degrees exposing the teeth fully. At the time of writing the teeth are now holding the cable back into the smartphone.

I have one that came with my AKG headphones and they plug in and out like a boss.

I want to buy some that feel like that.

So satisfying.
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 23rd Jun
Exactly. I want good quality micro usb plugs on good quality cable. I have to replace cables every 3-4 months cos either the metal hook disappear into the plug or the plug doesn't look straight coming out of the moulded rubber housing.
Explanation as to high replacement number. I have an 11yr old son who uses these cables to charge phone/tablet/PS4 controller and no matter how many times I tell him to be careful with the plugs, he slams them in and yanks them out.
Edited by: "mikmikmikmik" 23rd Jun
I suggest he gets the magnetic ones. The "hook" bit stays in the device, and the charging cables just connect and disconnect magnetically, meaning no wear and tear on the hook. Well, that's the idea I guess.
tawse5723/06/2020 14:44

I purchased a pair of these 2 metre long ones in July of last year for £4. …I purchased a pair of these 2 metre long ones in July of last year for £4. Now £5.Generally they have been very good. The little hooks on the micro USB end eventually pressed flat so that they easily fall out of my smartphone. First one lasted 6 months. Second one went bad about a week or two ago. I am keeping my eye out for another £1 off deal on them The 2 metre length is good as I look at my smartphone in bed whilst charging it sometimes. Bzzzzt!!!https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CBT33N5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've not had to do it on my choetechs but have on some others, you can just hook a pin under the little clips on the micro usb and just level them out a bit so they grip again.
I know how to pull them out with nail clippers.
Post a comment
@
    Text