High Quality Scart Cable? Sky+ and Plasma

Found 2nd Jun 2008
Recently bought the Panasonic TH37PX80 and although the sd is good (alot better than the lcds ive seen) i was wondering if a better quality scart cable running from my sky+ to my tv would make a difference, i have the original scart suppliled with the sky box, was looking around and these gold plated one are meant to ive a better performance, i know hdmi dont realy make a differnce with the quality being digital, but does scart? also whats RGB scart is this better?

6 Comments

The SCART cable supplied with sky box's is usually RGB, check your picture settings on your sky box, make sure RGB is enabled instead of PAL.

I wouldn't bother. They did a test on the Gadget show a few weeks ago and proved it didnt make any difference at all - Save your money :thumbsup:

steevieboy4u;2230757

I wouldn't bother. They did a test on the Gadget show a few weeks ago and … I wouldn't bother. They did a test on the Gadget show a few weeks ago and proved it didnt make any difference at all - Save your money :thumbsup:

That test was for hdmi cables, he's asking about scarts

ctuk;2230763

That test was for hdmi cables, he's asking about scarts

My memories not what it used to be :oops:

As ctuk said, make sure that RGB is enabled on your sky box. Made a HUGE difference for me. (Assuming that you have a RGB wired scart cable)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal35
    2. Wireless earphones33
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47

See more discussions