Groups
    EXPIRED

High street dvd/bluray rental shops-finished?

Used to be about a dozen locally here-none left-are they truly dead and buried?

Anyones local still going?

17 Comments

Only Blockbusters, no others

only blockbusters here too... we used to have an independant and he went bust about 12 years ago, since then we had 1 large choices store which was then taken over by BB.

It's the same for music shops, none about anymore. The only place we got here to sell cd's is the tesco extra
    Edited by: "faevilangel" 23rd Aug 2010

Our Tesco sells the top 10 CDs - No other store sells any

sancho1983

Our Tesco sells the top 10 CDs - No other store sells any

Depends on the store, ours does the top 50 album charts and then a huge display of older albums from £1 - £20. Our town is dead, hardly anything there cept we got a pound land opening

blockbuster only for rental here too, I dont use it that often though, especially since I found the freebie section here and all those lovely free cinema tickets

Our Woolworths has only just reopened!

theres an independant rental shop still going on my local highstreet, also londis do rentals near me aswell as blockbuster

Our blockbuster is still here, been there as far as i can remember. All the others gone though.
    Edited by: "t0mm" 23rd Aug 2010

Banned

I do miss the independent video stores. We had a small chain of them round here and they used to do 2 top titles and 2 older ones for a few quid. Used to spend hours trying to pick the fourth title.

I was always amused by the prices on their ex rentals. You see ex-rental DVDs in Blockbusters not for a few quid, back in the 80s/90s the VHS ones were as much as £100!!

sancho1983

Our Woolworths has only just reopened!

Wellworths? Woolworths is an online littlewoods company

Our woolies is becoming pound land finally

I meant former Woolworths i suppose

Something different is there now, but only just!

master_chief

I was always amused by the prices on their ex rentals. You see ex-rental … I was always amused by the prices on their ex rentals. You see ex-rental DVDs in Blockbusters not for a few quid, back in the 80s/90s the VHS ones were as much as £100!!

When i first got my DVD player all i could afford were ex-rentals. I bought Road Trip for £16!!

master_chief

I do miss the independent video stores. We had a small chain of them … I do miss the independent video stores. We had a small chain of them round here and they used to do 2 top titles and 2 older ones for a few quid. Used to spend hours trying to pick the fourth title.I was always amused by the prices on their ex rentals. You see ex-rental DVDs in Blockbusters not for a few quid, back in the 80s/90s the VHS ones were as much as £100!!

I swear I bought 'The Hills Have Eyes' on betamax for £80! Those were the days http://goldenbunnies.org.uk/images/smilies/lol.gif

Original Poster

michelleleemoo

I swear I bought 'The Hills Have Eyes' on betamax for £80! Those were the … I swear I bought 'The Hills Have Eyes' on betamax for £80! Those were the days

lol-Im sure I paid similar for the bbc vhs tape of alex higgins winning the world title in 1982-prices were insane when vhs films first came out.

Banned

barky

lol-Im sure I paid similar for the bbc vhs tape of alex higgins winning … lol-Im sure I paid similar for the bbc vhs tape of alex higgins winning the world title in 1982-prices were insane when vhs films first came out.

You could probably have paid for him to come round to your house and play for that amount back then.

i remember my dad paid £45 for exrental E.T vhs lol

Banned

csamual

i remember my dad paid £45 for exrental E.T vhs lol

I remember ET doing the rounds as a pirate copy everywhere.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions