High street travel agents! How to save £1,000

Thought id share this one before going work. Better half went to price up a holiday for the family plus one half off the outlaws. Came back with a price of £2,300. Said it was a good price and asked about booking it.

Needles to say I didnt fancy paying that. Phoned them back and she managed to knock another £300 off.

I then told her that I was going to look on the net. Have since looked and managed to find similar holiday for £1,400.

Just had a phone call from the agent saying they have found another hotel in same resort for £1,300

These travel agents must be on a right racket then or are they just too lazy to get a better deal for the customer. I couldnt belive the first quote as we have always booked our holiday this way, staying at same resort going same time off the year.

5 Comments

never booked instore
always look on net first

Original Poster

jasonrat;7927453

never booked instorealways look on net first

We usually get a very good deal and its not worth looking on net. What anoyed me the most was last year the same holiday for same group was £1,400. When I explained that I could get the holiday cheaper on the net and pay via credit card for protection her reply was " they charge a fee for paying on cards" my relpy was "I dont think the fee would be £1,000"

leecroot;7927512

We usually get a very good deal and its not worth looking on net. What … We usually get a very good deal and its not worth looking on net. What anoyed me the most was last year the same holiday for same group was £1,400. When I explained that I could get the holiday cheaper on the net and pay via credit card for protection her reply was " they charge a fee for paying on cards" my relpy was "I dont think the fee would be £1,000"

What a crock of naughty words.

Unless you're making the booking on the foreign site and paying in their money, thus requiring an exchange rate charge, I can't see it.

lol @ going to the same place again .

[ ] culture vulture ITT.

i went to travel agents to get a quote on disney, orlando, florida quote was £3,300

asked a girl on FB who i think runs her own travel agency(i went to school with her)

same dates disney ticks etc better accomadtion £2,400
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions