high view parking ticket !! please help

23 replies
Found 4th Nov 2016
So I received a parking fine from high view parking , for staying 1 hour longer in a retail car park . The fine is for £75 . I used the car park to enter the shops spend nearly £200 . My son has autism as does take a long time to get through each shop ( also had to buy shoes etc for him ) . This seems really unfair . Any advice ? I read somewhere some people say ignore it , but I'm worried it will lead to bigger problems

1. Ask
  2. Ticket
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Ticket
23 Comments

Surely if you show them your receipts you can prove you was shopping and spending money in the shops rather than parking there for the football etc.

Managers at the mall has power to cancel it.
It's not council issued so they can't enforce it. There is no chance that they take u to court n even if they did they have to prove their time their worth £100 for an hour and they can't prove it as it's not. I would bin there letters if I would be in your shoes

First of all read the ticket again - I would be very much surprised if you have been "fined". When you park on private land against their rules they are not allowed to "fine" you - but they are allowed to charge you.
Secondly, read this web page
Consumer > Parking, driving and transport > When to appeal a parking ticket

Reading your story suggests that you might find the info on the section "You couldn’t get back to your car"of some interest but the other sections maybe useful also.
Come back here or PM me if you need further help once you have read.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone you have all helped . It's stressful enough to get round shops with out feeling the need now that I have to be quicker . It states charge not fine . We have receipts for that day . Not sure who owns that car park as they can possible cancel this charge

I had one from a retail park and didn't pay it and nothing has ever come of it

Original Poster

Apparently some laws have changed ? So you now shouldn't ignore them .... not sure how true that is ...

Appeal. Scan and email receipt and say you were held up in the busy shops. Don't say why you were held up. They will let you off.

Just pay the penalty as it will increase, look at other posts on here for penalty tickets.. people get clamped and have to pay hundreds.
Don't feel pity for yourself as you decided to pay for a certain amount of parking time knowing full well you were going to take a while getting around.

Original Poster

nrackham76

Just pay the penalty as it will increase, look at other posts on here for … Just pay the penalty as it will increase, look at other posts on here for penalty tickets.. people get clamped and have to pay hundreds.Don't feel pity for yourself as you decided to pay for a certain amount of parking time knowing full well you were going to take a while getting around.

It's a free car park, I just exceeded the time line . I'm certainly not paying . I'm just looking for the best way to go about it . They can take me to court if they so wish

Banned

nrackham76

Just pay the penalty as it will increase, look at other posts on here for … Just pay the penalty as it will increase, look at other posts on here for penalty tickets.. people get clamped and have to pay hundreds.Don't feel pity for yourself as you decided to pay for a certain amount of parking time knowing full well you were going to take a while getting around.

Worst answer ever.

NewYellowFour

It's a free car park, I just exceeded the time line . I'm certainly not … It's a free car park, I just exceeded the time line . I'm certainly not paying . I'm just looking for the best way to go about it . They can take me to court if they so wish

Oh I see, it's the car park where you get a few hours free and if you go over they charge you? If you went over you do not have a case. A lot of people don't pay but it's a risk I wouldn't bother with the hassle for the sake of a hundred quid

Original Poster

nrackham76

Oh I see, it's the car park where you get a few hours free and if you go … Oh I see, it's the car park where you get a few hours free and if you go over they charge you? If you went over you do not have a case. A lot of people don't pay but it's a risk I wouldn't bother with the hassle for the sake of a hundred quid

Do you work for them ? Or have shares in their company ?

For peace of mind, appeal it. They'll reject the appeal. Don't worry. Tell them you want to appeal to POPLA as you do not believe the charge represents a genuine pre-estimate of loss. When they send the breakdown of how they came to that charge, scrutinise it. The law says the parking charge can't include anything that the issuing company NEEDS to run their business, ie software, cameras, parking operative uniforms. If you find anything like that, point it out to POPLA and they'll squash the PCN and you won't hear any more.

Tried and tested method.

Only need to pay when it's a council parking ticket....they will send you more letters that looks formal and threaten you will court action, but they can't, a lot of these company use scare tactics to make people pay

The letters will keep coming for about a year with the price going up and up but if you look up the company on MSE I'm sure you would find a forum and thread with all the info you need as that's what I did a few years ago and they had copies of every letter they sent and told me in which order I would receive them .I didn't pay but as other have said the law has changed since then and you shouldn't just ignore it.

JonjoKincade

For peace of mind, appeal it. They'll reject the appeal. Don't worry. … For peace of mind, appeal it. They'll reject the appeal. Don't worry. Tell them you want to appeal to POPLA as you do not believe the charge represents a genuine pre-estimate of loss. When they send the breakdown of how they came to that charge, scrutinise it. The law says the parking charge can't include anything that the issuing company NEEDS to run their business, ie software, cameras, parking operative uniforms. If you find anything like that, point it out to POPLA and they'll squash the PCN and you won't hear any more.Tried and tested method.

^^^^^This^^^^^

but at the same time contact the stores you have receipts for and explain - one of them will most likely get your "ticket" cancelled

Nobody has questioned - why hasn't OP got a Blue Badge which I'm certain should be available so long as the person who is registered to use the Blue Badge is in the car at the time of use. It's free to apply - the authority can either allow or deny said application. With the Blue Badge I'm almost 100% certain that they can't issue "tickets" so long as the user uses the Blue Badge in the correct manner

2 options ignore the letters and they will eventually give up. Or if you are worried give them a call and offer to pay for the extra hour parking as another user said above they are only allowed to charge not fine. so if you offer the extra charge they will have to take them

you should read the link, someone appeal and won against high view parking using POPLA

forums.pepipoo.com/ind…436

nrackham76

Oh I see, it's the car park where you get a few hours free and if you go … Oh I see, it's the car park where you get a few hours free and if you go over they charge you? If you went over you do not have a case. A lot of people don't pay but it's a risk I wouldn't bother with the hassle for the sake of a hundred quid

Yet here you are, an active member of a website who's aim is to save you a few pennies here and there

I am curious as to how much free unpenalised time was available?

Pay the ticket - this is to minimise your risk of increased charges - and also appeal to POPLA and talk to the retail park managers - this is what I done with Parking eye. POPLA found in my favour - a week later received a cheque from Parking Eye

Apparently there has been a change in the law - or how it is interpreted anyway which means you could have lots of hassle, cost and even affect your credit record
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android TV box help?22
    2. Best phone for spec- canada and uk?11
    3. Android pay set up44
    4. receiveing a replacement and keeping the original faulty product44

See more discussions