Highest UK insured delivery?

Found 4th Nov 2017
Im selling a high value phone £1,300 and tried an internet search to find a company that would insure that to be delivered.
Im sure there is one as the phone is very popular.
I need to post it and was wondering if any one knew a company that would insure it for that much??? Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
What phone costs £1300
Edited by: "paulj48" 4th Nov 2017
a courier such as dhl/ups/fedex may be better option than posting item
normally can pay a % for the cover you require just make sure the insurance does not exclude mobile phones
paulj482 m ago

What phone costs £1300

iPhone X 256GB Model easily
jamiemoran9314 m ago

iPhone X 256GB Model easily

That’s only £1149 rrp
paulj4844 s ago

That’s only £1149 rrp

That’s RRP but if you look on gumtree, eBay, any third party selling places. You’ll see a huge price difference
paulj4811 m ago

What phone costs £1300

Probably that rip off iPhone x
jamiemoran9315 m ago

That’s RRP but if you look on gumtree, eBay, any third party selling p …That’s RRP but if you look on gumtree, eBay, any third party selling places. You’ll see a huge price difference

Couriers insurance will only payout the value of the phone that’s stated on the retailers receipt minus their insurance excess.

i use couriers every day at work, we use UK mail who’s insurance policy has a £60 excess, other couriers will be similar and will only pay out if you can provide an invoice for the initial purchase
Edited by: "paulj48" 4th Nov 2017
jamiemoran93114 m ago

That’s RRP but if you look on gumtree, eBay, any third party selling p …That’s RRP but if you look on gumtree, eBay, any third party selling places. You’ll see a huge price difference

Asking prices aren't reflective of what they sell for though
Take it yourself. Will be cheaper.
I wouldn't send anything sold for £1300 through any postal service
How are they paying out of interest
If it's PayPal I'll wait for your next post , Buyer opened dispute not as described ?
Special delivery and upgrade the insurance to £1300. That’s what I did when I sold my mbp
Bigspin46 m ago

Special delivery and upgrade the insurance to £1300. That’s what I did wh …Special delivery and upgrade the insurance to £1300. That’s what I did when I sold my mbp

Your missing the point, the phone doesn’t retail for that amount so any claim would only cover what the initial receipt shows.
Guys either way, i need to send it. Can any one tell me a company that will insure to the original receipt price?? Thanks
willyzippy8913 m ago

Guys either way, i need to send it. Can any one tell me a company that …Guys either way, i need to send it. Can any one tell me a company that will insure to the original receipt price?? Thanks

Seen three people recommending several options so far.
be very careful unless you can afford a £1300 loss

you're insisting that you need to send it via post but have ignored a few basic questions about how they're paying, so I fear we are wasting our time

good luck
Its
dataload1 h, 37 m ago

be very careful unless you can afford a £1300 lossyou're insisting that …be very careful unless you can afford a £1300 lossyou're insisting that you need to send it via post but have ignored a few basic questions about how they're paying, so I fear we are wasting our timegood luck

Its all done over ebay, i was only asking if any one knew a company that would insure that high.
Bigspin3 h, 35 m ago

Special delivery and upgrade the insurance to £1300. That’s what I did wh …Special delivery and upgrade the insurance to £1300. That’s what I did when I sold my mbp

Was that with royal mail/ parcel force mate?
willyzippy8936 m ago

ItsIts all done over ebay, i was only asking if any one knew a company …ItsIts all done over ebay, i was only asking if any one knew a company that would insure that high.

that's possibly even worse, as ebay / PayPal side with buyers 99% of the time

they could easily claim it's faulty and send you a bag of sweets in a return packet etc
Without a doubt Royal Mail special delivery.

Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes well, and heed everyone's advice on staying safe.
bigweapon077 h, 44 m ago

Take it yourself. Will be cheaper.

And then he has no electronic proof of delivery....
willyzippy896 h, 54 m ago

Was that with royal mail/ parcel force mate?

Yes Royal Mail.
Bigspin1 h, 54 m ago

Yes Royal Mail.

Thank you, i had no idea you could upgrade the insurance, i thought it was capped at £500
sicklysweet7 h, 58 m ago

Without a doubt Royal Mail special delivery. Good luck with the sale, I …Without a doubt Royal Mail special delivery. Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes well, and heed everyone's advice on staying safe.

Thank you, i have been using ebay for years its just i have never sent something so expensive i just needed to make sure i was covered if it got lost in post. Seems i can upgrade the insurance to cover it with royal mail/ parcelforce
willyzippy892 h, 13 m ago

Thank you, i have been using ebay for years its just i have never sent …Thank you, i have been using ebay for years its just i have never sent something so expensive i just needed to make sure i was covered if it got lost in post. Seems i can upgrade the insurance to cover it with royal mail/ parcelforce

as you've never sent anything this expensive, I shall give you a few things to make sure you do if you aren't planning to already

note all serial numbers / imei numbers down

take photos of everything, box, phone if it's been opened, addresses, packaging before and after it's sealed, the package on a set of scales to show the weight

if possible, seal the package in front of the postal worker
dataload1 h, 57 m ago

as you've never sent anything this expensive, I shall give you a few …as you've never sent anything this expensive, I shall give you a few things to make sure you do if you aren't planning to alreadynote all serial numbers / imei numbers downtake photos of everything, box, phone if it's been opened, addresses, packaging before and after it's sealed, the package on a set of scales to show the weight if possible, seal the package in front of the postal worker

Thanks i know all the other ones but first i herd of sealing it in front of the postal worker?
willyzippy891 h, 9 m ago

Thanks i know all the other ones but first i herd of sealing it in …Thanks i know all the other ones but first i herd of sealing it in front of the postal worker?

well I know mine quite well and they'd happily sign something to say they witnessed me sending something of high value if needed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants