Highly rate the B&Q own brand paint £9 for 2.5L

Found 18th Dec 2017
So I recently finished decorating my whole house. It was magnolia when I moved in... after leaving an abusive relationship we moved away into a house which was a clean slate for us! I've just finished my bedroom, all on a budget. I would usually buy Valspar paint as I used to work for Valspar and I liked the brand..however i Loved this dark grey colour I saw called Asphalt by B&Q Colours. At £9 what a bargain - it was a one coat job.
I went on to buy "chance" for my daughter's room and "Narcassi" for my son's room and had similar amazing results with one coat... !

Pillows £3 each Argos
Bedding £12 Matalan
Headboard free and reupholstered for £6 of fabric
Quote frames £1.99 each
Lamp £5
Curtains £22 the range
2858676.jpg
2858676.jpgNot to everyone's taste but I love it. Finally have my own space and a fresh start! Happy Xmas everyone
2858676.jpg2858676.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
Nice
Can you come and do my place ? Pretty please
Looks lovely
just looking at that same colour!
how many corts did you do?
amir1 m ago

Looks lovelyjust looking at that same colour!how many corts did you do?

One coat over magnolia! Very nice thick paint
🙏
Ooo looks very good. Nicely done. I want to do my room in that kind of grey too
Looks so relaxing...

Hope you and family have a lovely Christmas & a happy new year!
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 18th Dec 2017
That grey is excellent
Looks fab. I recently used their colours kitchen paint in light rain (also a shade of grey) and it looks great. I needed 2 coats though but could just be my terrible painting skills lol. Good paint but a right pain/mess to pour due to being in a tub but again could just be me. Will use the same brand when I get around to doing the living room.
looks very nice ,happy christmas and all the very best for 2018 xx
Wishing you the very best of luck in your new start. Looks fab, thank u for rec. Ive just used valspar and loved it, thought id stick to it as it did such a good job but if you see value in the colours range we will give it a go. 90 for 2 tubs made my eyes water with valspar
Well done you. It looks good.
Faruq18 h, 37 m ago

Ooo looks very good. Nicely done. I want to do my room in that kind of …Ooo looks very good. Nicely done. I want to do my room in that kind of grey too

Go for it! It's really warm and cosy surprisingly and most colours go with it. Yellow or copper would go well with this xx
Snakeyes6468 h, 30 m ago

Looks so relaxing... Hope you and family have a lovely Christmas …Looks so relaxing... Hope you and family have a lovely Christmas & a happy new year!

Thank you so much
MiniMissyMoo7 h, 37 m ago

Looks fab. I recently used their colours kitchen paint in light rain (also …Looks fab. I recently used their colours kitchen paint in light rain (also a shade of grey) and it looks great. I needed 2 coats though but could just be my terrible painting skills lol. Good paint but a right pain/mess to pour due to being in a tub but again could just be me. Will use the same brand when I get around to doing the living room.

Thank you, tip to pouring it is to pour from the corner, have a brush at hand to brush away any excess that drips over the edge. This keeps yoir paint pots neat and reduces the wasteage.. I thought id give this a shot for £9 and wasn't disappointed 😁😁 xx
Edited by: "eme1i" 19th Dec 2017
missismop7 h, 32 m ago

looks very nice ,happy christmas and all the very best for 2018 xx

Thank you so much
Yayahalbon5 h, 53 m ago

Wishing you the very best of luck in your new start. Looks fab, thank u …Wishing you the very best of luck in your new start. Looks fab, thank u for rec. Ive just used valspar and loved it, thought id stick to it as it did such a good job but if you see value in the colours range we will give it a go. 90 for 2 tubs made my eyes water with valspar

Thank you so much, I thought for £9 I'd try it, and I'm over the moon xx
cazz532 h, 58 m ago

Well done you. It looks good.

Thank you xx
rogparki9 h, 34 m ago

Can you come and do my place ? Pretty please

My mum is onto me now to do her room
Offers High Five for getting rid of Magnolia.

Great job OP.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants