Highly recommended Wii U games?

Found 26th Mar 2017
So I finally bit the bullet, traded in a few things at cex and got myself a Wii U. Apart from the new zelda, what games would people recommend for me to take a look at?

1. Ask
  2. Wii
  3. Wii U
22 Comments

For me I loved splatoon, mario maker and yoshi's woolly world. But there are loads of others to choose from.

Donkey Kong tropical freeze

if you're playing in a group, nintendoland and mario party are essential

the wonderful 101

Captain toads a must play. Mario 3d world was some of the most fun I've had on a game with friends. Wind waker and twilight princess are great if you haven't already played them. Bayonetta 2 is a good button masher. I enjoyed Kirby rainbow road [think thats what it was called). Mario kart 8 and smash are some of the best in the series.

I also hear pikmin 3 was good. But i cant talk from experience.

mario maker is my fav on the wii u

Bayonetta 1/2 if you like hack n slash. Pikmin 3 is brilliant. Mario 3d world. Mario Kart 8.

I would recommend all the zelda titles you can find on WiiU, including eshop titles, if oyu can get skyward sword on the original wii with a wiimote(plus)and nunchuck its worth playing though, anything with mario in it is usually a good bet, splatoon definitely, pikmin 3 (and 1/2 on wii as the wiiU will play wii discs with the wiimote/nunchuck) maybe smashbros if you are into it

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is a cracking game

Here's a nice lengthy list for you, all of which get my recommendation - let me know if you'd like any omore details on any of these:

Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Fast Racing NEO
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros U
Nintendo Land
Paper Mario: Colour Splash
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Shovel Knight
Star Fox Guard
Star Fox Zero
Steamworld Collection
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
ZombiU

Also, don't disregard the Virtual Console and the eShop more widely.

mario kart, lego city, pikmin3,super mario bros, pokemon tournament, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (not the new one), super mario 3d world, yoshi's woolly world

stevemona

mario kart, lego city, pikmin3,super mario bros, pokemon tournament, The … mario kart, lego city, pikmin3,super mario bros, pokemon tournament, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (not the new one), super mario 3d world, yoshi's woolly world

​yes and yes

pretty much all first party Nintendo titles as the comments suggest. so its your choice what kind of game you prefer

Mario Kart and Smash Bros are probably favorites, all the Zelda's including Phantom Hourglass - quite nice playing DS games emulated on the Wii U. Also Fast Racing Neo - also many others.

Wii u USB helper,

Xenoblade X will envelop your life for months on end (it's a high recommendation too btw!!)

Don't forget the older Zelda games too! Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are brilliant.

Mario Kart 8 is great as a single player game as well as multiplayer both online or locally (just grab yourself some wii remotes or the pro controller for others to join in).

Yoshis Woolly World and Captain Toads Adventure are fun puzzle games. They are easy to pick up and play even for short periods of time.

Original Poster

Cheers for all the recommendations. Just picked up zelda botw tonight so will give that a play through when I get chance and hopefully grab a few of these others listed from cex/eBay over the next few days.

Mario kart and zelda are my most played. Pikmin 3 was quality too, hurts your hands using the big game pad though

Quick question for anyone in the know.

I recently purchased a premium bundle with mario kart 8.

It came with mario kart on a disc but also the console has mario kart installed so I don't need the disc to play.

Any ideas how that is possible?
Will I still need the disc at some point or could I trade it in?

Mario kart will be installed to the Wii u so no need for the disk game. I prefer disk copies but you can trade it in and get different games
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions