HighStreetvouchers

Posted 22nd Mar
highstreetvouchers.com/gif…ers

Has anyone used this site before?

I was thinking of recommending it on the Nextdoor app which most of the elderly around me are using.

Are they legit?
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Gift cards are a bad idea if the find goes down the pan so do they usual (cash is king)
I've used this site many times before to send gift vouchers for the likes of Sainsbury's & M&S to my brother and sis in law who live away from me. I've necer had any problems and the vouchers always arrive very quikcly.
Edited by: "melmorc" 22nd Mar
dezbo888822/03/2020 17:37

Gift cards are a bad idea if the find goes down the pan so do they usual …Gift cards are a bad idea if the find goes down the pan so do they usual (cash is king)

Yes I have knowledge of cash!

That wasn't my question.

I have volunteered to shop for some elderly neighbours in the village. Their stash of cash won't last very long.

I want to find out if this firm is legit to advice other leads on the Nextdoor platform.

Sainsbury's do a gift card but there isn't one near here. Morrisons and Aldi are the only nearby stores.

We have been advised not to take their debit cards to pay for the shopping, just looking for an alternative to cash when it runs out.
HerefordCiderApples22/03/2020 18:58

Yes I have knowledge of cash! That wasn't my question.I have volunteered …Yes I have knowledge of cash! That wasn't my question.I have volunteered to shop for some elderly neighbours in the village. Their stash of cash won't last very long.I want to find out if this firm is legit to advice other leads on the Nextdoor platform. Sainsbury's do a gift card but there isn't one near here. Morrisons and Aldi are the only nearby stores.We have been advised not to take their debit cards to pay for the shopping, just looking for an alternative to cash when it runs out.

Surely taking their debit cards to the store is equivalent to buying a gift voucher with their debit cards? Not sure if appropriate but potentially a better solution would be them sending you a bank transfer and you paying for the stuff yourself (or buying gift vouchers in store using that money)?
jamie1522/03/2020 22:29

Surely taking their debit cards to the store is equivalent to buying a …Surely taking their debit cards to the store is equivalent to buying a gift voucher with their debit cards? Not sure if appropriate but potentially a better solution would be them sending you a bank transfer and you paying for the stuff yourself (or buying gift vouchers in store using that money)?

I was really just asking if this site was reputable, I'm not comfortable taking their debit cards and it would be against the banks terms. They are too old to even know how to turn a pc on nevermind online banking.
I have now sorted a different way.

I just didn't want to recommend this site to others if it was dodgy
Edited by: "HerefordCiderApples" 23rd Mar
HerefordCiderApples23/03/2020 08:12

I was really just asking if this site was reputable, I'm not comfortable …I was really just asking if this site was reputable, I'm not comfortable taking their debit cards and it would be against the banks terms. They are too old to even know how to turn a pc on nevermind online banking.I have now sorted a different way.I just didn't want to recommend this site to others if it was dodgy

I wouldn't be comfortable recommending any commercial 3rd-party alternative intermediary "payment" mechanisms in the current climate - it's simply far too volatile.
HerefordCiderApples23/03/2020 08:12

I was really just asking if this site was reputable, I'm not comfortable …I was really just asking if this site was reputable, I'm not comfortable taking their debit cards and it would be against the banks terms. They are too old to even know how to turn a pc on nevermind online banking.I have now sorted a different way.I just didn't want to recommend this site to others if it was dodgy

To echo what @AndyRoyd was saying, a third party at this point in time could potentially be risky.
AndyRoyd23/03/2020 17:04

I wouldn't be comfortable recommending any commercial 3rd-party …I wouldn't be comfortable recommending any commercial 3rd-party alternative intermediary "payment" mechanisms in the current climate - it's simply far too volatile.

Went with this
HerefordCiderApples24/03/2020 13:19

Went with this

Seems credible; regulated in UK rather than its main competitor that has its regulator based in Sweden. Admin cost is low and reasonably prompt payouts.
HerefordCiderApples24/03/2020 13:19

Went with this

Oh I just remembered but it may be a bit late, if you open a Starling account you can process debit card payments for free through Settle Up. Money instantly deposited into your account.
Edited by: "jamie15" 24th Mar
jamie1524/03/2020 13:45

Oh I just remembered but it may be a bit late, if you open a Starling …Oh I just remembered but it may be a bit late, if you open a Starling account you can process debit card payments for free through Settle Up. Money instantly deposited into your account.

Didn't know that. I already have a starling account.
I just sent a request to Mother for £10 she's 71. Handy to know but again it requires input from the technophobs.
AndyRoyd24/03/2020 13:24

Seems credible; regulated in UK rather than its main competitor that has …Seems credible; regulated in UK rather than its main competitor that has its regulator based in Sweden. Admin cost is low and reasonably prompt payouts.

I did a test purchase yesterday of £1, it's not in my account yet but it was after 3pm.
HerefordCiderApples24/03/2020 14:21

I did a test purchase yesterday of £1, it's not in my account yet but it …I did a test purchase yesterday of £1, it's not in my account yet but it was after 3pm.

You mean the 98p is in your account?
HerefordCiderApples24/03/2020 14:20

Didn't know that. I already have a starling account.I just sent a request …Didn't know that. I already have a starling account.I just sent a request to Mother for £10 she's 71. Handy to know but again it requires input from the technophobs.

Not sure if permissable but perhaps you could request their card details and input everything yourself? I presume using Sumup you will have physical access to their card anyway.
AndyRoyd24/03/2020 14:24

You mean the 98p is in your account?

No not yet.
I just noticed this in the terms "Important Please note that American Express and international card payments could take an additional 2-3 business days to process." I used Amex
Edited by: "HerefordCiderApples" 24th Mar
jamie1524/03/2020 14:24

Not sure if permissable but perhaps you could request their card details …Not sure if permissable but perhaps you could request their card details and input everything yourself? I presume using Sumup you will have physical access to their card anyway.

That would work.
The sumup is great. Amex payment went off my card within 3 days and into my bank 2 days later. I've taken 3 payments on debit cards, 2 went through next day and the other the day after. They have all inserted their card and put their pin in. They don't trust contactless! I'm try to convert them but you know what old people are like with new things.
HerefordCiderApples27/03/2020 10:55

The sumup is great. Amex payment went off my card within 3 days and into …The sumup is great. Amex payment went off my card within 3 days and into my bank 2 days later. I've taken 3 payments on debit cards, 2 went through next day and the other the day after. They have all inserted their card and put their pin in. They don't trust contactless! I'm try to convert them but you know what old people are like with new things.

Do you have to provide any ID for Sumup? Glad it's working out
Yes, the sign up within the app needed to see some picture ID, I used my passport but the picture was a bit blurry. To be honest it was way harder to confirm my ID for the Mercedes Me app than this banking app. I thought later I could have just took a photo of Boris in the newspaper.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants