Groups

hijacked

both my browsers have been hijacked!

i cannot seem to download spy bot!

does anyone know of any other free Software to do the trick

i have ran CCleaner! but no use

10 Comments

Original Poster

sorry i can down load it but it keeps giving me an error message when i install it!

thanks any way!

if you can, try installing it on a usb stick and using it from there :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i have not got a u 3 stick!

this is bugging me really!

Banned

try:
    [url]www.superantispyware.com[/url]
    or [url]www.malwarebytes.org[/url]

Either of these should work, but superantispyware has the edge at the moment, imo

We had one of these a few months ago on my daughters laptop.

Hijacked our computer, blocked acess to certain sites on the internet, stopped us downloading more security software, and kept coming up suggesting we buy more security software off them.

Everytime I deleted it and rebooted it reinstalled itself.

I know a lot about computers but was not able to fix it and in the end had to reinstall Windows from scratch.

Boot your PC into safe mode (]see how to here) and then install your chosen antispyware application. Once it's installed, run a scan and hopefully it'll pick it up and remove it.

If you can't get access to legit security software sites becuase the spyware is blocking them, let me know which program you want (spybot, one of the ones suggested, etc) and i (or someone else) can download it onto our computers and then upload it somewhere else (rapidshare, megaupload, etc) which shouldn't be blocked by the spyware..

oldmanhouse;5244622

Boot your PC into safe mode (]see how to here) and then install your … Boot your PC into safe mode (]see how to here) and then install your chosen antispyware application. Once it's installed, run a scan and hopefully it'll pick it up and remove it.If you can't get access to legit security software sites becuase the spyware is blocking them, let me know which program you want (spybot, one of the ones suggested, etc) and i (or someone else) can download it onto our computers and then upload it somewhere else (rapidshare, megaupload, etc) which shouldn't be blocked by the spyware..

second that good advice there

This is a good tool for removing any 'root-kit's' that have been installed on your PC :
    sophos.com/pro…tml
    (reccomended if you have had a virus that messes with your updates)

And here is a good free tool to check for the latest common virus threats :
    vil.nai.com/vil…er/

Good luck !

Original Poster

thanks all, i used the super anti virus and it worked a treat!

repped all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2325
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816343
      4. word association Game73844441

See more discussions