Groups

Hiking and Running GPS watch

My husband does a lot of hiking and running to keep fit, not serious competition or anything like that. He is looking for a GPS watch. This is the first time that we are looking into GPS watch so I have no idea about them.

I am looking for recommendation for a cheap decent GPS watch suitable for hiking and running. I was wondering if the smart watch would be suitable as this will also allow the use of the mobile phone but it may be no good as a GPS watch?

5 Comments

What do you call cheap? Have a look at the Garmin Vivoactive

Original Poster

rhinopaul

What do you call cheap? Have a look at the Garmin Vivoactive

I mean good value for money so a decent watch that does what it needs to do but it doesn't have to be fancy. Do you have this watch that you refer to yourself?

mutley1

I mean good value for money so a decent watch that does what it needs to … I mean good value for money so a decent watch that does what it needs to do but it doesn't have to be fancy. Do you have this watch that you refer to yourself?

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 , awaiting a 5 to arrive.
    You can also look at the Garmin Forerunner series, price range from £90 upto a few hundred depending what you want.
    The Fitbit Blaze has pretty poor reviews so I wouldnt trust it with giving accurate recordings.

Original Poster

rhinopaul

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 , awaiting a 5 to arrive. You can also look at … I have a Garmin Fenix 3 , awaiting a 5 to arrive. You can also look at the Garmin Forerunner series, price range from £90 upto a few hundred depending what you want. The Fitbit Blaze has pretty poor reviews so I wouldnt trust it with giving accurate recordings.

cheers. will have a look thanks.

mutley1

cheers. will have a look thanks.

I originally was looking at lower budget watches but decided to get the Garmin Fenix 3 because it does everything from swimming to mountain climbing with customisable apps. I got it for £290 last year for the sapphire HR model which was a good price. As the Fenix 5 has been released these fenix 3's will be coming down in price . You can hunt one down for about £250 maybe £200 on Amazon warehouse and if you can wait a few more months then there should be further reductions.Yes , its expensive but money well spent and they hold their value on the second hand market quite well.
    Hope your husband enjoys what ever you get him. Happy hunting.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      3. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44
      4. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost517

See more discussions