Hikvision Camera App - Need help

Posted 24th Oct
Hi

I’ve just had my new WiFi / router put in today. It seems that I cannot access my cameras via my mobile device, so it seems I need to update the network settings... does anyone know how to do this or would I be better off calling the person who installed them.

I’ve got the Hikvision system and using the Hik-Connect app

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
how do you connect those cameras to your network, wireless or wired ?
You’ll need to open the relevant ports on your router to access the cameras. If you still have the old router, log in to it and copy the settings. I don’t remember off the top of my head but hikvision website has a list of standard ports they use.
incubus24/10/2019 13:58

You’ll need to open the relevant ports on your router to access the c …You’ll need to open the relevant ports on your router to access the cameras. If you still have the old router, log in to it and copy the settings. I don’t remember off the top of my head but hikvision website has a list of standard ports they use.

Hikvision has P2P which doesn’t need any ports opening. Only if DDNS was set up (usually done by the installer, in which case you could contact them to reconfigure the router)

Ports are 8000, 554 and 80 if memory serves though.
Edited by: "Vencurse" 24th Oct
Vencurse24/10/2019 17:50

Hikvision has P2P which doesn’t need any ports opening. Only if DDNS was s …Hikvision has P2P which doesn’t need any ports opening. Only if DDNS was set up (usually done by the installer, in which case you could contact them to reconfigure the router)Ports are 8000, 554 and 80 if memory serves though.

I have the full hikvision setup and the only port I have open is RTSP (tcp) which is 554.
incubus24/10/2019 17:58

I have the full hikvision setup and the only port I have open is RTSP …I have the full hikvision setup and the only port I have open is RTSP (tcp) which is 554.

Depends how you’ll be viewing it. 80 for web browser, 8000 for IVMS, not sure about 554 as the app doesn’t need it They can all be altered anyway for extra security rather than basic ports.
Vencurse24/10/2019 18:00

Depends how you’ll be viewing it. 80 for web browser, 8000 for IVMS, not s …Depends how you’ll be viewing it. 80 for web browser, 8000 for IVMS, not sure about 554 as the app doesn’t need it They can all be altered anyway for extra security rather than basic ports.

The original poster was asking about the hik-connect app. The rtsp port needs to be open so that when the app is launched and talks to the backend it can connect into the NVR on the local network.
incubus24/10/2019 18:06

The original poster was asking about the hik-connect app. The rtsp port …The original poster was asking about the hik-connect app. The rtsp port needs to be open so that when the app is launched and talks to the backend it can connect into the NVR on the local network.

That’s cool and all, but no ports NEED to be open for P2P. Only if DDNS is in use. Which we don’t know, so!
Check upnp is enabled on the new router. Also you may want to restart the CCTV unit so that it gets a new IP address. Finally check the CCTV unit has a dynamic IP.
Hik recorders in the network setting have upnp
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants