Hikvision Recording Help

Found 8th Feb
Hey everyone,

I am just looking for a little advice on my Hikvision setup. The NVR and camera are both Chinese versions with modified firmware, although I don't believe that has anything to do with the issue.

So previously they'd been setup up for well over a year without an single issue. However when I had to disconnect them and refit I've been having small breaks in the recordings. Here is an example: imgur.com/a/X…pUF

It only happens like once or twice a day at most, furthermore it only lasts for around a minute where it stops recording.

I just wondered if anyone had experienced this before and knew what the issue could be. I personally have thought it could be due to the internet connection or hard drive. Although I did initially rule out the internet since I never have any issues with other devices, our internet connect is pretty solid but could it be a dodgy ethernet cable perhaps?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Wish I could help but don't think I've had the same problem, ive asked a few similar questions on avforums and got good replies

avforums.com/for…54/
I have a similar issue with a Zxtech Tropox 2 CCTV camera. Turns out it reboots itself every 12hours, which causes 40 or so seconds of downtime, but works fine other than that.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 8th Feb
Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. I may try asking on avforums, or another website after if I still have no luck.

I don't believe it's that, for the simple reason that the times are not consistent and appear to be rather random and I never had this issue before I refitted everything. Appreciate the suggestion though.
Could be your power supply is dodgy. The simple act of switching off and back on a while later has manifested a fault where it's causing reboots randomly
Original Poster
Sid.Harper8 h, 19 m ago

Could be your power supply is dodgy. The simple act of switching off and …Could be your power supply is dodgy. The simple act of switching off and back on a while later has manifested a fault where it's causing reboots randomly

Thanks for the suggestion. This is something which I will look into.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants