Hinge Help Please!

    I'vr just bought our young daughter a toy chest. The lid is quite heavy and the spring mechanism that is supposed to stop it slamming down doesn't feel adequate to me.
    I've tried searching for something that will dampen the lid as it closes, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?
    Thanks folks.


    I know it wouldn't shut properly at all, but what about putting a couple of door stoppers on it. You know the kind you get in the child safety boxes, these are handily sized slightly larger than children's fingers but would she remove them herself?

    You could try the door dampers that you can use on kitchen doors/drawers. Ikea do them cheap but they're not too clever. B&Q might be better?

    Original Poster

    Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of some kind of hydraulic type closer - similar to a door closer, but I can't seem to find one.

    Original Poster

    I think I've found the solution: ]Here
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99
      5. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

      See more discussions