Hisense 65" curved 4K TV owner's club

Found 27th Dec 2015
Questions/Discussion on Hisense LTDN65K720WTSEU 65-Inch Curved 4K Smart Ultra HD LED TV
Community Updates
163 Comments
how many days it took to deliver from the date of dispatch + anyone knows how much Hisense charge for extended warranty?
Just ordered 30 mins ago. Will dispatch Tuesday. Deliver pending.
suchitmehta7

how many days it took to deliver from the date of dispatch + anyone knows … how many days it took to deliver from the date of dispatch + anyone knows how much Hisense charge for extended warranty?

​just ordered 30 mins ago. Will dispatch Tuesday. Delivery pending.
phillgill1

​just ordered 30 mins ago. Will dispatch Tuesday. Delivery pending.

i ordered on 24th, dispatched today and delivery is on thursday.. can't wait.. any idea about extended warranty?
suchitmehta7

how many days it took to deliver from the date of dispatch + anyone knows … how many days it took to deliver from the date of dispatch + anyone knows how much Hisense charge for extended warranty?

You'll probably find out here when you register for warranty.

hisensewarranty.co.uk/
deeky

You'll probably find out here when you register for … You'll probably find out here when you register for warranty.http://hisensewarranty.co.uk/

yes, i already checked that but it won't tell you until register. i have bought 5yrs from sq trade for 143 quid. just want to know if Hisense's own extended warranty is cheaper. if they are i will cancel sq trade.
>>>>>
Did not go for any extended warranty via ST as if ours lasts to next November will
suit us fine..

Now so many purchased via HUKD, might be worth us badgering HSense for a
discounted 2/3/5 year option on the warranties maybe!!

Anyone wall mounted theirs yet? If so, what bracket did you use as this set is
much thinner than most and looks like it will be better on a lightweight 400x
mount?

Turn the treble down on the user sound settings to about 1/4 and the bass up
and it surprisingly handles audio much better than thought it would, not tinny
and considering the layout of the speakers around the pcb on the main board
has a good all round sound for everyday movie/news/music/radio/etc use
deeky

You'll probably find out here when you register for … You'll probably find out here when you register for warranty.http://hisensewarranty.co.uk/

>>>>>
Did you grab one Deeks???
Edited by: "008" 27th Dec 2015
I did call hisense today answered the phone in less than 15 seconds
Asked about the warranty of the tv and also how much the extended warranty is on 4 years
What would be the best bracket to use to wall mount
And as the tv got optical out
He told me that I will get a phone call on Tuesday answering all my questions
I purchased the TV on Christmas Day been dispatched today from Amazon but got to wait up to 3 working days for yodel to get in touch to arrange delivery
Pokerkingbouch

I did call hisense today answered the phone in less than 15 secondsAsked … I did call hisense today answered the phone in less than 15 secondsAsked about the warranty of the tv and also how much the extended warranty is on 4 yearsWhat would be the best bracket to use to wall mountAnd as the tv got optical outHe told me that I will get a phone call on Tuesday answering all my questionsI purchased the TV on Christmas Day been dispatched today from Amazon but got to wait up to 3 working days for yodel to get in touch to arrange delivery

Not sure if I should raise my eyebrow. What sort of customer service is that where they can't even answer such basic questions. This brand is now worrying me.
suchitmehta7

Not sure if I should raise my eyebrow. What sort of customer service is … Not sure if I should raise my eyebrow. What sort of customer service is that where they can't even answer such basic questions. This brand is now worrying me.

I went though to a different department
Which don't deal the the tv side of things from what I could make out
Which was closed apparently until Tuesday
Don't think we need to be worried
I have found from past experience buying non-branded products are better than most branded items
I have had the digihome 65 inch from tesco for the past 8 months
And the HD picture and gaming on ps4 and Xbox one was outstanding
suchitmehta7

Not sure if I should raise my eyebrow. What sort of customer service is … Not sure if I should raise my eyebrow. What sort of customer service is that where they can't even answer such basic questions. This brand is now worrying me.

You do realise it's a Sunday and tomorrow is a bank holiday. The fact that somebody actually answered the phone and listened and stated that someone would call back on Tuesday with the answers, would be a good thing in my book.

Have you actually done any research on Hisense? Something tells me you haven't. They are the 3rd largest TV manufacturer in the world. If you're a badge snob, I suggest you stick to brands you are familiar with.

Read m

Taliban_Army

You do realise it's a Sunday and tomorrow is a bank holiday. The fact … You do realise it's a Sunday and tomorrow is a bank holiday. The fact that somebody actually answered the phone and listened and stated that someone would call back on Tuesday with the answers, would be a good thing in my book. Have you actually done any research on Hisense? Something tells me you haven't. They are the 3rd largest TV manufacturer in the world. If you're a badge snob, I suggest you stick to brands you are familiar with.

Think you need to read my comment again
I think the fact they answered the phone on a Sunday was outstanding
And for the last 8 months I have owned a digihome
Out standing
Pokerkingbouch

Read mThink you need to read my comment again I think the fact they … Read mThink you need to read my comment again I think the fact they answered the phone on a Sunday was outstandingAnd for the last 8 months I have owned a digihome :)Out standing

Sorry dude, I was referring to suchitmehta7's comment.
Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 27th Dec 2015
Just bought the 55 inch version of this TV, does anybody know if it will play 4k content with the included plex app?
bluejmc2005

Just bought the 55 inch version of this TV, does anybody know if it will … Just bought the 55 inch version of this TV, does anybody know if it will play 4k content with the included plex app?

i have limited knowledge on technology but my understanding is that a TV cannot run 4k if it is not 4k TV. i think a TV need a hardware to run 4k and just an app cannot make it enable to run 4k..
Pokerkingbouch

I went though to a different department Which don't deal the the tv side … I went though to a different department Which don't deal the the tv side of things from what I could make outWhich was closed apparently until TuesdayDon't think we need to be worried :)I have found from past experience buying non-branded products are better than most branded itemsI have had the digihome 65 inch from tesco for the past 8 months And the HD picture and gaming on ps4 and Xbox one was outstanding

i do agree with you upto certain degree. i have also used few unbranded items such as kettle, toaster, microwave etc and they have actually impressed me. i don't know why but its a question of thousand pound which is making me nervous... i think i shouldn't be thinking too much about this... thanks for your comment though..
cheers
suchitmehta7

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif_zps4fa6a25b.gif
fox2020

Lol.. nice one
Why are these owner's club threads never for the right deals?
Can anyone conform that this would be suitable for gaming?
just checked the status on Yodel and it says it is coming through arrowxl.co.uk/
is it just me or???
Hi guy's thinking about taking the punt on this coming from a 59" Samsung plasma, could someone please give me a measurement from the bottom two vesa bolts to the bottom of the tv frame as would still like to wall mount it above my glass floor cabinet which my centre speaker sits on between the two Thanks.
jetski690

Hi guy's thinking about taking the punt on this coming from a 59" Samsung … Hi guy's thinking about taking the punt on this coming from a 59" Samsung plasma, could someone please give me a measurement from the bottom two vesa bolts to the bottom of the tv frame as would still like to wall mount it above my glass floor cabinet which my centre speaker sits on between the two Thanks.

hi
follow this link: whathifi.com/his…ecs
SuperDavy

Can anyone conform that this would be suitable for gaming?

Will let you know Thursday when it arrives pal
Going to try ps4 Xbox one and the Nvida shield
It's got a lot better refresh rate than my last tv
So I think it will be great
hensi

Aside from the k720 being curved, is this any … Aside from the k720 being curved, is this any different?http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/hisense-ltdn65k700x-65-inch-3d-quad-core-smart-uhd-4k-led-tv.html

Yes. Inferior model without FALD
Has anyone wall mounted this? Any issues regarding incorrect screws?
bluejmc2005

Yes. Inferior model without FALD

+ 100 quid more..
suchitmehta7

+ 100 quid more..

I would have preferred a non curved because I think it looks better wall mounted but at this price/spec I'm seriously considering this TV. What's the likelihood of getting HDR feature through a software update?
Pokerkingbouch

Will let you know Thursday when it arrives palGoing to try ps4 Xbox one … Will let you know Thursday when it arrives palGoing to try ps4 Xbox one and the Nvida shieldIt's got a lot better refresh rate than my last tvSo I think it will be great

Thanks
hensi

I would have preferred a non curved because I think it looks better wall … I would have preferred a non curved because I think it looks better wall mounted but at this price/spec I'm seriously considering this TV. What's the likelihood of getting HDR feature through a software update?

imho i think we are too far from having HDR content in the main stream. read this trustedreviews.com/opi…ned and cnet.com/uk/…re/
i don't think your TV need any special hardware to enable HDR and it can be done via software update as you said. Most TVs this days are very good in hardware specs such as quad core processor and good motion rate. as hisense is one of the leading tv manufacturer i hope they will consider HDR pretty soon if not than surely in line with samy and sony.. in short i wouldn't worry too much about HDR at this stage as per my research.. best luck
hensi

I would have preferred a non curved because I think it looks better wall … I would have preferred a non curved because I think it looks better wall mounted but at this price/spec I'm seriously considering this TV. What's the likelihood of getting HDR feature through a software update?

i think curved vs non curved and mounted vs non mounted is everyone's personal choice.. i don't think anyone can draw a general line or standardize debate. however if you perfer non curve see this hotukdeals.com/dea…617
suchitmehta7

i think curved vs non curved and mounted vs non mounted is everyone's … i think curved vs non curved and mounted vs non mounted is everyone's personal choice.. i don't think anyone can draw a general line or standardize debate. however if you perfer non curve see this http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dealtastic-hisense-ltdn65k720wtseu-65-inch-curved-4k-smart-ultra-hd-led-tv-999-99-2358971?p=26950617

Thank you for the advice. The above link is to the same curved TV.
hensi

Thank you for the advice. The above link is to the same curved TV.

the link is for a comment under the same thread. the comment has an amazon link for 65 sony tv and a comparison with this one
suchitmehta7

the link is for a comment under the same thread. the comment has an … the link is for a comment under the same thread. the comment has an amazon link for 65 sony tv and a comparison with this one

Yeah sorry I asked the Q in that thread too. I've ordered the Hisense from Amazon. Does the TV come with any manufacturer guarantee/warranty? I've gone for the 5 year SquareTrade warranty for now.
>>>>>
Not had much time to play due to work commitments, but had a go with
GTA V yesterday to relax.. WOW! This HS65 is absolutely stunning on
the game, there is NO LAG what so ever [PS4 new chassis] and the
colors and field of view from a distance are spot on and close up what
I did miss in the game before due to the screen being "stretched" on
other sets, on the HS65 are superb..

Not sure if HS have missed the chance with this set as far as PR
has gone, but as of yet, have not had one single reason to even
go online and see/ask/bitch/remark about anything negative on
this purchase..
Hi,

I'v just made the purchase after holding out for a few days looking for other deals but nothing came close. Hopefully it's a good buy and the review above from 008 is promising! It say's it will be dispatched on Wednesday, I will post a review here when I get it.
Edited by: "xlolomgx" 29th Dec 2015
xlolomgx

Hi,I'v just made the purchase after holding out for a few days looking … Hi,I'v just made the purchase after holding out for a few days looking for other deals but nothing came close. Hopefully it's a good buy and the review above from 008 is promising! It say's it will be dispatched on Wednesday, I will post a review here when I get it.

>>>>>
Nice one! Welcome to the HS65OC ;-)
>>>>>

When you get it [in case missed my other input] unpack it in the
room / area / near the wall you might mount it on.. for a few hours
at room temp, away from the rads/heat etc etc.

On first switch on, let it do all its gubins and default settings malarkey
with sat/blu-ray/streamer/web all plugged in..

Once it has done all that, leave it on a channel for 10-15 mins, then
chuck a blu-ray or 4k feed into for 10-15mins..

After that, switch it off and unplug from the mains [obviously you can
do this if where you have it is temp when you move it] leave it for 5
mins..

Plug it in, go to user settings and turn off the motion and turn the
contrast to less than 52%..

This [after much playing about] is the best, standard, all angle, cool
picture to watch for all normal HD / any up scaled media, if you are
using real 4K, might be down to a personal preference, which is
also cool as you can just save it as a setting anyway ;-)

Let us all know what you think and what you main plan of use is
with it as well if you get a bit of time..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions