Hisense h55u7buk

Posted 7th Jan
I bought Hisense h55u7buk 55 inch from Costco for £399
This is my first time buying an LED tv it’s good looking slim modern etc. But for some reason I don’t like the picture much it’s jattery at times especially watching sports. And watching HD sports clips on YouTube. I played around with all settings but still feels it’s not good. It might be just me as I was reading that even LG OLED have that issue and none of the teles are perfect enough. Considering this was a £700 tv at the time of release. Can someone give me any suggestions as I still have time to return it and buy another one. Not bothered about the size 55” is big enough thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
A lot of sport can be around 25 frames per second, so even on the best TV in the world it will still be around 25 frames per second. You can turn on things like 'Motion Plus' on a Samsung or 'Intelligent Frame Creation' on a Panasonic or on your Hisense I think its called Motionflow or Motion Smoothing.

These smoothing settings make films look like a soap opera, but will make sport look less juddery, although that's not the way it was filmed.

Above is the original filmed frames of film and below is the extra frames created by the TV.

39616273-5cQJI.jpg
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 7th Jan
I think £399 is great for that TV. For that much you would get a low end 7000 series TV 7100/7200, but not quite a 7400. Your TV is probably better than all three.
MIDURIX07/01/2020 17:36

A lot of sport can be around 25 frames per second, so even on the best TV …A lot of sport can be around 25 frames per second, so even on the best TV in the world it will still be around 25 frames per second. You can turn on things like 'Motion Plus' on a Samsung or 'Intelligent Frame Creation' on a Panasonic or on your Hisense I think its called Motionflow or Motion Smoothing.These smoothing settings make films look like a soap opera, but will make sport look less juddery, although that's not the way it was filmed. Above is the original filmed frames of film and below is the extra frames created by the TV. [Image]

Thanks for the comment. I did try the setting on Hisense it’s called Ultra smooth Motion but I guess playing something on tv will never be same as playing it on a Samsung phone. As I use to watch my sports and movies on S8 plus and no issues like this.
So I guess no matter which tv I get it’ll be the same issue. Even though this ones 60HZ but then again even 120HZ probably won’t make much difference. I think I will have to accept it and keep it for now as it wasn’t that expensive.
MIDURIX07/01/2020 17:39

I think £399 is great for that TV. For that much you would get a low end …I think £399 is great for that TV. For that much you would get a low end 7000 series TV 7100/7200, but not quite a 7400. Your TV is probably better than all three.

Thank you
Yea others are like
Samsung UE43RU7410UXXU for £359
Sony XG7002 £469
Philips 55PUS6804 £469

These are the other options they are like £70-£80 more but as you said there’s not much difference so I guess no point spending another 100£ to get the same sort of stuff as am not bothered about the big name brands.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants