Hisense TV startup

Posted 12th Jan
Does anyone know why on my Hisense H50B7500UK TV, I have to confirm country, then region then specific region each day when I turn on the TV.

There is a 'programme auto update' in the settings which is definitely not selected.

I understand it's a minor niggle, but if I can figure out how to not have to press 'ok' three times each day I turn the TV on, I'd prefer to!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
That doesn’t sound right to me, I have an older 55M7000 and it certainly doesn’t do that, it is a little slow to start up, displaying the logo etc but does just fire straight up
Definitely not right.

I just had a look on their website. The user manual is next best thing to useless. Only 14 pages and no real info. More like a "quick start" spec guide. It does mention turning on the set for the "first time" and storing the base info. It shouldn't ask you again though.

How long have you had the TV? Has it done this since day one?
Yeah, done it since I had the TV delivered 2-3 weeks ago. I've just done a factory reset, rescan and checked the channel auto update is off in the settings, I'll now have to wait until tomorrow to test it.
Why do you have to wait until 2morrow? Also, why not put the "Auto update" on???
Hang on...so after you've turned Tv on, and done the "ok" thing, it's good for the rest of the day? Even if you turn it off - and then on again later in the day? Sounds like it's the overnight channel guide download that TV's can do. Perhaps it's resetting something. Could be tied in to the Auto update feature. I'd turn that on...
Just to update, the full reset seemed to sort it. Must have been a glitch. Settings are the same as they were before, auto firmware updates on, auto channel update off.

Thanks for the replies.
rmjowen13/01/2020 08:57

Just to update, the full reset seemed to sort it. Must have been a glitch. …Just to update, the full reset seemed to sort it. Must have been a glitch. Settings are the same as they were before, auto firmware updates on, auto channel update off. Thanks for the replies.

That's great rmjowen. Cheers for the update. It's always good to hear a problem has gone away!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions