hisense tv vs samsung

Found 5th Jan 2016
I've been looking at tv since just before Christmas. I think I've finally nearly decided which to i want.
I've had a Samsung hd 40 inch tv for about 6 years, a very rare accident via the kids caused it to break. I decided to upgrade a little from the had tv I had.
I want the five years warranty, this is a must. Not sure if I should get the accidental cover too?
I know nothing of tv apart from the little I've read about them, so if I'm choosing a tv that's way off the bench I'd rather know...

Is the 100 pound really worth the difference, they look the same tv to me........Any advice much appreciated.

Samsung
johnlewis.com/sam…338

Hisense
johnlewis.com/his…288
Community Updates
14 Comments
samsung all day long far superior in my opinion
+1 Samsung
Samsung

Hisense = Nosense
I had a 65" Sammy. Buzzed so loud and took it back same day. Grabbed an LG. Never looked back.

I'd take the cheaper option. Personally
I would take the Samsung personally. Take a look at What Hifi reviews online, most of the top ranked tvs are Samsung. I have a 50" Samsung HD and no problems so far, very impressed with it...
samsung always Lg some models very poorly put together too many problems
I have always had a Samsung. My son has smashed 2 ( he is asd ) in 7 yrs. I bought a hisence last yr for the kids bedroom. I was so really impressed with it. When my son smashed my Samsung in August I bought a 50 hisence and prefer it over my Samsung. I would not by a Samsung again.
As long as you don't watch lots of sport, go for the longest warranty. If you do watch loads of sport go for the Sammy
shauneco

SamsungHisense = Nosense

Talking nonsense? Please elaborate.
did you consider LG at all?
Hisense is actually a very good brand of TV and you wont do far wrong with getting a TV from them.

depending on your budget you may want to consider this ----> hotukdeals.com/dea…510

very good TV with excellent reviews, and much better than the Samsung you have looked at.

Hisense have also just announced there line-up for 2016 with some excellent additions at reasonable costs. if you can hold out I would wait for them to hit the UK markets.
Hisense is actually a very good brand of TV and you wont do far wrong with getting a TV from them.

depending on your budget you may want to consider this ----> hotukdeals.com/dea…510

very good TV with excellent reviews, and much better than the Samsung you have looked at.

Hisense have also just announced there line-up for 2016 with some excellent additions at reasonable costs. if you can hold out I would wait for them to hit the UK markets.
vikki78vicky

I have always had a Samsung. My son has smashed 2 ( he is asd ) in 7 … I have always had a Samsung. My son has smashed 2 ( he is asd ) in 7 yrs. I bought a hisence last yr for the kids bedroom. I was so really impressed with it. When my son smashed my Samsung in August I bought a 50 hisence and prefer it over my Samsung. I would not by a Samsung again.

​Can you please answer if amazon video app works on hisense smart tv as it used Google tv? wud I have to use streaming device separately for it?
I'm pretty particular about what I watch, and have recently owned 50" high end Samsung and LG Plasmas (primarily for black levels). I have just however taken a punt on a a His else 55" 4K 720k (curved). I am genuinely astounded at the quality. Build/aesthetics are excellent and the picture (when set up properly) honestly rivals LG OLED panels. The FALD back lighting gives inky blacks, the brightness levels and contrast ratios are incredible and even the sound is OK. upscaling of 1080p sources is very good, giving superbly lifelike results. SO quality is, contrary to popular suggestion, very good indeed. Bit weak on the Smart functionality but I prefer an external Android box to provide my streams. I auditioned a couple of Samsung sets prior to buying this but am convinced that the Hisense is superior picutre-wise.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants