Groups

Hit & Run Damage

My new A3 just got hit outside my house, it was a hit a run and it seems that the car was white. I live in a private compound so theres only one way to come in and out, so I know that the car was white from the scratches.
    There is a 3inches x 2 inch crack on my rear bumper on the side.

This has been the first time this has happened to me, what should I do?
    Insurance?... and If i were to inform insurance whats the procedure? do I need to tell police if so how.. etc

Looking forward to you help as my cars only few weeks old and it's just argghhh to be in such a crap position

Cheers Haider.

23 Comments

if it is minimal damage it is not worth going through your insurance it would be more hassle than its worth tbh

Upto you mate.

Insurance or get it fixed from your own pocket.

Go down the insurance route & you'll lose your no claims (if not protected). If it is, you'll still have to declare it as a claim everytime you get car insurance for next 5 years.

Contact police though & report it (they wont do diddly squat though).

Any CCTV about ? Id do my best to track down the ****er though !!!!

Call police and get incident number then call your insurance and tell them what happened and give them police incident number. They then hopefully payout for repair.

They will payout but it will go down as a claim against you as the other party ****** off

Original Poster

The damage will cost me £140 for a epoxy resin to fill the crack, but I know one more hit, the crack will come out again. I would prefer a new original bumper, it's a new car and it will be on the back of mind.

haider786;6698300

The damage will cost me £140 for a epoxy resin to fill the crack, but I … The damage will cost me £140 for a epoxy resin to fill the crack, but I know one more hit, the crack will come out again. I would prefer a new original bumper, it's a new car and it will be on the back of mind.

Just do a bit of research first. There are plenty of people who can do a really good job, you won't even know.

haider786;6698300

but I know one more hit, the crack will come out again..

Don't make any diff really does it? If it got hit again it would be damaged again anyway wouldn't it?

how about 2nd hand bumper?

Original Poster

deek72;6698327

Just do a bit of research first. There are plenty of people who can do a … Just do a bit of research first. There are plenty of people who can do a really good job, you won't even know.

its not the job, its the fact that if someone hits it again, the crack will crack. So I would need a new bumper ideally.
    Arghh so much hassle, I'm gonna find that *******. Knock on his door, shoot him with a shotgun. argh.

Haider...what the hell dude....no CCTV or any thing...is this the new 09 plate one you got...if it is damn

Ring the police and report the incident

If its worth it go throught the insurance..whats your excess?

haider786;6698358

its not the job, its the fact that if someone hits it again, the crack … its not the job, its the fact that if someone hits it again, the crack will crack. So I would need a new bumper ideally.Arghh so much hassle, I'm gonna find that *******. Knock on his door, shoot him with a shotgun. argh.

know wot you mean but if it gets hit again it'd be damaghed again anyway?

Original Poster

taurus_the_bull;6698364

Haider...what the hell dude....no CCTV or any thing...is this the new 09 … Haider...what the hell dude....no CCTV or any thing...is this the new 09 plate one you got...if it is damnRing the police and report the incidentIf its worth it go throught the insurance..whats your excess?

Yeah outside my damn house. There is CCTV are the front gate, so within the time I can check out the cars that came in and out.

i'd say go around the area and hunt for them....go in some one else's car...don't approach them just tell the police

taurus_the_bull;6698364

Ring the police and report the incident

Save your credit. Someone tipped Nitromors all over my Brand new 172 in 2002. £5k damage.
    Police -'did you see who did it?
    Me - 'no'
    Police - 'We'll put it on file and give you a ref no for your insurance.'

Waste of space.

Original Poster

deek72;6698374

know wot you mean but if it gets hit again it'd be damaghed again anyway?

These bumpers are designed to be flexible. When hit the bounce in then pop back out, when that happens the crack will just split again, it happened on my polo gti. I tried to save a few quid getting it 'plastic welded' but someone hit it and it just cracked again.

if i where close by i'd help out but way too far for me...you got my number let me know what happens

deek72;6698421

Save your credit. Someone tipped Nitromors all over my Brand new 172 in … Save your credit. Someone tipped Nitromors all over my Brand new 172 in 2002. £5k damage.Police -'did you see who did it?Me - 'no'Police - 'We'll put it on file and give you a ref no for your insurance.'Waste of space.

Wow didn't realise they were so lame...sorry to here that mate...even though it was a long time ago...doesn't matter if you have a £100 car or a 1 million pound car...its your pride and joy and it should not happen to anyone

Original Poster

taurus_the_bull;6698470

Wow didn't realise they were so lame...sorry to here that mate...even … Wow didn't realise they were so lame...sorry to here that mate...even though it was a long time ago...doesn't matter if you have a £100 car or a 1 million pound car...its your pride and joy and it should not happen to anyone

Very true, I wash the car, hoover it every weekend even wax it.

Original Poster

deek72;6698421

Save your credit. Someone tipped Nitromors all over my Brand new 172 in … Save your credit. Someone tipped Nitromors all over my Brand new 172 in 2002. £5k damage.Police -'did you see who did it?Me - 'no'Police - 'We'll put it on file and give you a ref no for your insurance.'Waste of space.

I just googled Nitromors. Gosh scum bags. I live in such a lovely area just surprised.

taurus_the_bull;6698470

Wow didn't realise they were so lame...sorry to here that mate...even … Wow didn't realise they were so lame...sorry to here that mate...even though it was a long time ago...doesn't matter if you have a £100 car or a 1 million pound car...its your pride and joy and it should not happen to anyone

haider786;6698528

I just googled Nitromors. Gosh scum bags. I live in such a lovely area … I just googled Nitromors. Gosh scum bags. I live in such a lovely area just surprised.

That's not the worst thing. Read this if you REALLY wan't to feel sorry for me!

civictype-r.co.uk/for…965

Original Poster

deek72;6698715

That's not the worst thing. Read this if you REALLY wan't to feel sorry … That's not the worst thing. Read this if you REALLY wan't to feel sorry for me! http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=132965

NO WAY wot assholes.

deek72;6698715

That's not the worst thing. Read this if you REALLY wan't to feel sorry … That's not the worst thing. Read this if you REALLY wan't to feel sorry for me! http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=132965

haider786;6698913

NO WAY wot assholes.

That is basically what happened to my boss last year - Civic Type R, except he was upstairs and stayed upstairs. There were at least 2 of them, they bust the door, got the keys and his laptop and drove off.

Complete monsters. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone... Except them.

Original Poster

DragonChris;6699829

That is basically what happened to my boss last year - Civic Type R, … That is basically what happened to my boss last year - Civic Type R, except he was upstairs and stayed upstairs. There were at least 2 of them, they bust the door, got the keys and his laptop and drove off.Complete monsters. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone... Except them.

What area?

I'd say dont bother with the police or insurance. Like pple said they will do nothing and you'll end up claiming. Get it fixed and if some1 does hit it again, and it is not your fault, you can claim on their insurance (righfully). I had a hit and run in my car! The police did nothing. I went around my estate and put flyers for pple to come fwd if they ahd info. One actually called and confirmed what I had already told the police (that it was a white VAN as the scratches were evident, and white Vans are not the best at backing up). The police took the info from this guy, checked up on the computer and the vehicle came up as no owner! There are atleast 6 white Vans in the estate. The police refused to come and check the Vans for the match or tell me the info given by my neighbour. Like some1 said waste of space!! I mean I did their job and even then they couldnt crack it!

I ended up getting it fixed from a garage. Cost me £250 (my excess was £400 if I had gone through my insurance).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562129
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764687
      3. Samsung Note 8914
      4. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122

See more discussions