Hitachi 50HK6T74U 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV

Found 31st Dec 2017
Hi everyone,

Ive been looking to get a 4k tv ive been looking around and came across this Hitachi 50HK6T74U 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV for £300 it seems a good deal.

My question is does the HDR make a difference for the extra money or is it not worth the extra £100 ( roughly).

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Depends on what HDR it supports. Looks like there's a war being waged on the HDR front. HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG. LGs Active HDR with Dolby Vision. Damn confusing bunch of idiots with new standards every five minutes.

televisions.reviewed.com/fea…017

The hardware to produce a decent increase in dynamic range is still expensive and a £400 TV won't have any of it. HDR support there is primarily for compatibility and won't produce much difference in image quality until you get to more expensive models.

I’ve known HDR to really boost the colours and bring the TV to life. The FPS increases making people in films to move a lot fast - (life like).

chronofighter7 m ago

I’ve known HDR to really boost the colours and bring the TV to life. The F …I’ve known HDR to really boost the colours and bring the TV to life. The FPS increases making people in films to move a lot fast - (life like).

wut

chronofighter9 m ago

[Image]

yes, but HDR has nothing to do with FPS, hence my comment

adamspencer955 m ago

I’ve just seen videos play Faster (less cinematic and more real-life).

adamspencer9512 m ago

Hey dude,

Here is some content on the FPS relating to HDR.

32959585-9c1DK.jpg

chronofighter22 m ago

Hey dude,Here is some content on the FPS relating to HDR. [Image]

HDR and increased frame rate are totally separate technologies.

chronofighter3 h, 38 m ago

I’ve known HDR to really boost the colours and bring the TV to life. The F …I’ve known HDR to really boost the colours and bring the TV to life. The FPS increases making people in films to move a lot fast - (life like).

You won't only see colours you haven't seen before in HDR content on a TV with a wide gamut backlight, and there aren't any of them at £400 and 50".

And as Adam says, motion has nothing to do with HDR, and TVs capable of interpolating frames to 120fps cost even more than those with wide gamut backlights, I think LG's SJ series is the cheapest at nearly £600 and their interpolation software isn't great.

EndlessWaves29 m ago

You won't only see colours you haven't seen before in HDR content on a TV …You won't only see colours you haven't seen before in HDR content on a TV with a wide gamut backlight, and there aren't any of them at £400 and 50".And as Adam says, motion has nothing to do with HDR, and TVs capable of interpolating frames to 120fps cost even more than those with wide gamut backlights, I think LG's SJ series is the cheapest at nearly £600 and their interpolation software isn't great.

Why is it that when turning on the HDR feature, the motion changes to become faster.
Edited by: "chronofighter" 31st Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text