Hitachi L42VP01U 42" LCD TV from Argos - Feedback Settings Comments

As I'm guessing many of us have bought this TV from Argos recently I wondered if we'd all be trying to get the best out of it, so I thought I'd post my settings and comments to see what others are doing etc..with their new set. At £399 I think we are many...

I used the settings posted on here and they are pretty good but we all have our own preferences but here they are..

mode-natural
contrast-46
brightness-20
sharpness-31
colour-53
colour temp-normal
noise reduction-medium
film mode-off

The original post for these settings had noise reduction as OFF but other posts suggest that putting it to Medium removes some background blur when using a SD source like normal SKY.

I have discovered that my existing scart cables are not going to be usable because the scart sockets are close together and so I can't get my cables in and the actual cable from the "head" comes of the corner of the head and 2 can't be connected at the same time. I ordered 1 new cable where the cable leaves the head from the centre so this will sort out the issue.

I have just ordered SKY+ HD as its clear I have a Ferrari now but can only drive it my back garden !! HD will look great for sure and having threatened Sky with cancellation I got the Sky+ HD box and installation for £29 so I'm happy.

Post your settings and comments please guys and share !!!

2 Comments

I bought one of these today - very impressed with the picture quality on normal dvd, havn't tried upscaled as yet.

The standard freeview pic is not quite so good but not as bad as I was expecting and I also have sky hd coming soon so that will sort that small issue out.

If anyone else has other settings to try post them up, I'll have a play around myself when I get a chance but I'm using the above ones at the minute.

Just watched top gear on analogue feed and it was fine - I'm well impressed.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5022504
    2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1014
    3. GCSE Results day911
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764719

See more discussions