Hive active heating.

Found 29th Dec 2017
Hi looking at getting this and have noticed that the one that comes with hot water is cheaper.
I have a combination boiler. Can I still get this one installed (minus the hot water wires) or do I need the one without hot water?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

If you sell your house the Hive details cannot be transferred, so they have to buy a new unit. Seems rubbish.

The hot water version will be fine. I have the same but only use with a combi boiler.

termite1 h, 0 m ago

If you sell your house the Hive details cannot be transferred, so they …If you sell your house the Hive details cannot be transferred, so they have to buy a new unit. Seems rubbish.

Can't take your wallpaper with you either.

SJHan13 m ago

Can't take your wallpaper with you either.

I suppose terrible wallpaper might make it difficult to sell your house in the same way a rubbish central heating controller will.

termite2 h, 47 m ago

If you sell your house the Hive details cannot be transferred, so they …If you sell your house the Hive details cannot be transferred, so they have to buy a new unit. Seems rubbish.

I think it’s just the hub that can’t be transferred. 1) they are about £25 on eBay unregistered so not exactly much to replace and the rest of the installed system then works fine...2) I used a throwaway email address to register mine - I can log in, I have access to the email but if I sell I can pass the email address onto whomever buys the house.
Edited by: "bluep" 29th Dec 2017

bluep7 m ago

I think it’s just the hub that can’t be transferred. 1) they are about £25 …I think it’s just the hub that can’t be transferred. 1) they are about £25 on eBay unregistered so not exactly much to replace and the rest of the installed system then works fine...2) I used a throwaway email address to register mine - I can log in, I have access to the email but if I sell I can pass the email address onto whomever buys the house.

Thanks.

Original Poster

termite3 h, 17 m ago

I would keep my old honeywell unit and swap it back but not planning on selling anytime soon.

Original Poster

EN1GMA2 h, 25 m ago

The hot water version will be fine. I have the same but only use with a …The hot water version will be fine. I have the same but only use with a combi boiler.

Thanks for that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants