hive amazon echo

Found 28th Dec 2017
hi all im after a bit of advice because i havnt got a clue.
ive just got hive and an alexa for xmas and ive heard you can run bulbs off them.
i only want 1 bulb thats a bayonet fitting (can you get those?) for the landing as the kids forever leave it on and im forever getting up to turn it off and it p*sses me off so i thought it would be a grand idea if i could just tell the alexa thing to turn it off for me. ive had a look online and found the philips stuff but that seems expensive and hard work with bridges or something,
im just after one cheap bulb that i can use with the stuff ive already got is it possible?
cheers
Community Updates
8 Comments
look out for 'Yeelight' deals on here. You'll need a Bayonet adaptor but the bulbs are usually about £12 and no Hub needed unlike the Philips bulbs.
Edited by: "Uridium" 28th Dec 2017
If you’ve got Hive, then Hive light bulbs are around £12-18 each (ebay) and you can use the same app as you do for your heating. Not sure about getting it to work with Alexa but it works perfectly just with plain old Hive.
Philips hue and Alexa work together.
I have Nest and the three of them can work together but not sure of Hive.
Edited by: "jocky32000" 28th Dec 2017
bluep10 h, 3 m ago

If you’ve got Hive, then Hive light bulbs are around £12-18 each (ebay) an …If you’ve got Hive, then Hive light bulbs are around £12-18 each (ebay) and you can use the same app as you do for your heating. Not sure about getting it to work with Alexa but it works perfectly just with plain old Hive.

They work with Alexa too.
Original Poster
terriclarkfan18 m ago

TP Link do bulbs which work with Alexa/Echo and don't need a bridge. And …TP Link do bulbs which work with Alexa/Echo and don't need a bridge. And you can use these alongside Hive.TP-Link LB110 Smart LED Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Dimmable White, E27, 10 W (Works with Alexa, B22 Bayonet Adapter Included, No Hub Required) [Energy Class A+] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NCW7X2Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_iXFrAbZZAJWXJ

cheers but their a bit expensive arnt they! dont know if i fancy paying that amount, maybe ill just have to stop being lazy and get up and use my finger
A smart bulb probably won’t solve your problem but create an entirely new one... one whereby you want to turn the landing light on from the landing but Alexa can’t hear you unless to have an echo in multiple locations in the house of course and everyone knows to only use Alexa for the landing light and not flick the switch (which won’t work as the bulb is being controlled independently). I bought a yeelight and can’t really find a proper use for it because of this very problem! The only way I see this working smoothly is to get controllable switches rather than bulbs but that is a massive expense and faff just for a bit of a gimmick.
Original Poster
buttonpushervic45 m ago

A smart bulb probably won’t solve your problem but create an entirely new o …A smart bulb probably won’t solve your problem but create an entirely new one... one whereby you want to turn the landing light on from the landing but Alexa can’t hear you unless to have an echo in multiple locations in the house of course and everyone knows to only use Alexa for the landing light and not flick the switch (which won’t work as the bulb is being controlled independently). I bought a yeelight and can’t really find a proper use for it because of this very problem! The only way I see this working smoothly is to get controllable switches rather than bulbs but that is a massive expense and faff just for a bit of a gimmick.

this very problem occurred to me earlier!
it all seems a bit hard work so i think im not going to bother with it all and save the headaches
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions