Hive heating

Found 18th May
Im looking for hive heating and additional controller. Anyone know of a cheap deal?

Im not sure wether its worthwhile paying fir the install or get a plumber to do it for me, any advice?
Community Updates
AskHeatingHive
5 Comments
It's a electrician you'd need to install it not a plumber.
If you're confident and have a wiring diagram you could install it yourself like I did.
My current thermostats are wired to the electrics, can this be used for Hive?
How do you rate Hive?
stefromuk1 h, 38 m ago

It's a electrician you'd need to install it not a plumber.If you're …It's a electrician you'd need to install it not a plumber.If you're confident and have a wiring diagram you could install it yourself like I did.

Depends on the customers existing wiring, if you need to access the inside of the boiler then a Gas Safe engineer will be required
Arizolas2 h, 49 m ago

My current thermostats are wired to the electrics, can this be used for …My current thermostats are wired to the electrics, can this be used for Hive? How do you rate Hive?

If you can confirm the wiring matches then it should be just a straight swapb of the relevant wires
But as mentioned I forgot about if you need to open the boiler up then you would officially need someone GasSafe.
I do like my Hive but Hive alone doesn't give you many features you get the app control, Scheduling and some basic actions and if you buy more hive products you get more actions available.
But I use mine connected to my SmartThings Hub so I can have far more control over it than hive allows like Geo Fencing etc.
How would I know if my boiler needed opening up?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions