Hive heating..

Posted 27th Oct
What’s the best hive for a combi boiler? I don’t need installation as can do that myself.

Anyone have a spare British Gas code they don’t want?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Hive have had a problem commissioning new installs recently. After three visits to a customer, their support team acknowledged they have a software issue. When they work they're good bits of kit, but the support is crap.
Tado thermostat is your best and cheapest option. Just replaces the thermostat in your hall.
What do you mean by whats the best hive ? Theres only one type of the newest thermostat and you dont want the old model, however you need to make sure your controller that wires to the boiler is the non water tank model
Mark_Hickman27/10/2019 08:10

What do you mean by whats the best hive ? Theres only one type of the …What do you mean by whats the best hive ? Theres only one type of the newest thermostat and you dont want the old model, however you need to make sure your controller that wires to the boiler is the non water tank model

She might mean the option to choose the package with the hub or not - the website does present it like they are two different systems.

@Louiselouise1989 I can’t comment on hive as I don’t have it but I do have the Nest system and it’s fantastic
Edited by: "incubus" 27th Oct
incubus27/10/2019 08:16

She might mean the option to choose the package with the hub or not - the …She might mean the option to choose the package with the hub or not - the website does present it like they are two different systems.@Louiselouise1989 I can’t comment on hive as I don’t have it but I do have the Nest system and it’s fantastic

I find hive is great 99% of the time, i see people on here complaining about hive and apparently there was an issue a few days back where no one could use their phone to alter temperatures, however i didn't even realise as i just use my thermostat to change the temperature when im home and does it really matter if once or twice a year the app doesn't work for a few hours or days
incubus27/10/2019 08:16

She might mean the option to choose the package with the hub or not - the …She might mean the option to choose the package with the hub or not - the website does present it like they are two different systems.@Louiselouise1989 I can’t comment on hive as I don’t have it but I do have the Nest system and it’s fantastic

Yes that is what I was on about lol. I’m not sure what’s the difference with the packages. Also there’s a voucher with British Gas customers that entitles a discount for the hive.
I had a BG guy do a service on my combi boiler 3 days ago. house is 2 years old.
He was waffling on about Hive. in the end even he agreed it's pretty pointless device that will cost be nearly £300 as I need one for downstairs and one for upstairs and all I will do is turn heating on and adjust temp.
I can do it myself by moving a few feet and go on holiday instead lol
Edited by: "AMaky" 27th Oct
AMaky27/10/2019 09:03

I had a BG guy do a service on my combi boiler 3 days ago. house is 2 …I had a BG guy do a service on my combi boiler 3 days ago. house is 2 years old.He was waffling on about Hive. in the end even he agreed it's pretty pointless device that will cost be nearly £300 as I need one for downstairs and one for upstairs and all I will do is turn heating on and adjust temp.I can do it myself by moving a few feet and go on holiday instead lol

That’s what we want it for lol. Turning the heat on and off, especially when we’re out. We live an old stone house so gets cold really quick, we have a family member service our boiler as he’s qualified. Just be easier for us. That’s why I asked about the discount code given to someone who already has British Gas and is not needed
I had mine from Amazon for £149.99 with installation back in April. It’s so handy to put your heating on when you’re out! I have it linked to Alexa too so I can turn it up or down without moving It’s £134.99 on amazon now with no installation. Not sure whether that’s good or not. Never had any problems with mine, glad I bought it as makes life so much easier. Can set heating schedules easily via the app instead of having to try and work out how to do it on the boiler which is always a pain!
Rhianne27/10/2019 09:40

I had mine from Amazon for £149.99 with installation back in April. It’s so …I had mine from Amazon for £149.99 with installation back in April. It’s so handy to put your heating on when you’re out! I have it linked to Alexa too so I can turn it up or down without moving It’s £134.99 on amazon now with no installation. Not sure whether that’s good or not. Never had any problems with mine, glad I bought it as makes life so much easier. Can set heating schedules easily via the app instead of having to try and work out how to do it on the boiler which is always a pain!

Thank you. I will have a look, we have a thermostat already to just push on or off... but partner wants the hive as it’s easier when we’re out. Especially when it’s colder, no chance of me sorting the boiler as it’s up the attic hidden out the way lol
It’s well worth it just to have a warm house when you get home after being out all day or going away!
This one looks like the one I’ve got that controls both heating and hot water. I don’t know anything about model numbers but I expect they all do the same thing.
Screwfix £99 heating and Hot water
They also do a heating only hive for the same price
Heating only Screwfix £99.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 27th Oct
Toptrumpet27/10/2019 10:15

This one looks like the one I’ve got that controls both heating and hot w …This one looks like the one I’ve got that controls both heating and hot water. I don’t know anything about model numbers but I expect they all do the same thing.Screwfix £99 heating and Hot waterThey also do a heating only hive for the same priceHeating only Screwfix £99.

Thank you. I will have a look now
£135 at Screwfix and toolstation
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants