Hive Heating Deals?

Posted 29th Feb
I've been after a new Hive Heating for a combi boiler for the last two weeks as my current thermostat is very intermittent.

At the minute I've been quoted £40 install from my local Plumber.

Are there any cheaper deals than the £134 I've seen at Screwfix / AO.
Refer a friend make it any cheaper?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Think there was an offer for about £160 (Includes fitting) from british gas
Think about Nest. Had ours for 3 years , never let us down. Great to switch heating on the way back from Holidays
yorkie1229/02/2020 20:55

Think about Nest. Had ours for 3 years , never let us down. Great to …Think about Nest. Had ours for 3 years , never let us down. Great to switch heating on the way back from Holidays

Can the nest be portable and used like the Hive. Easily moved around the home?

I've heard the smart feature of it automatically recognising patterns can be hit and miss?
find_a_penny29/02/2020 20:45

Seller refurb …Seller refurb here..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hive-Active-Heating-Kit-Wireless-Thermostat-Via-Smart-Devices-Android-iOS-/223677994714?hash=item34143f56da

As much as I'd love a refurbed unit my partner wont allow us after we purchased a few things refurbed lately and had issues
Douglas_Birks29/02/2020 20:37

For Customers only I believe.
Douglas_Birks29/02/2020 20:37

The offer with British Gas was £150 fitted, I missed by a week...you need to download there rewards app, it was on there before Christmas, hive have promotion on now, 35% off all there products, not sure if fitting is included, it’s on the app.
Edited by: "BenLynos" 1st Mar
Nest can be portable, they sell a separate stand. They do need the charger plugged in though. You don't really need to move them though as they can be controlled from your phone if need be. You can set a schedule for the heating through the app or on your PC. Had ours 3 years now without a problem.
Montane29/02/2020 22:27

Can the nest be portable and used like the Hive. Easily moved around the …Can the nest be portable and used like the Hive. Easily moved around the home? I've heard the smart feature of it automatically recognising patterns can be hit and miss?

Another vote for Nest, as I've said in a different post my only issue I'd the lack of Smart TRV's but as a system on the whole it works great and yeah it's portable.

We have ours on a stand in the living room.

If you have a basic grasp of electrics as well it's easy enough to wire yourself based on the diagrams provided.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants